Forum Posting Tips, Rules & Guidelines
Before you post on the Forums, please read this whole page. These are not just rules, but tips which make the forums run better for everyone.
In order to post here, you must follow these tips and rules. If you break any of the rules below in your post, it will be deleted.
Donít Be Afraid To Post.
If youíre new to our community, taking the step for the first time to post publicly to a message board can sometimes seem intimidating. Donít be afraid to jump into a discussion. We have a very supportive community that serves up heavy doses of support, encouragement and enthusiasm. We love meeting new people and being friendly. While we hope that youíll become an active participant and join in our discussions, youíre welcome, of course, to simply hang out silently until you feel more comfortable posting a message.
Forum Posting Tips & Guidelines
- Give the post a MEANINGFUL TITLE, so that our readers do not waste their time reading posts about things that they have no interest in. The content of the post should be clear from the title. Please be brief in the title of the post, but yet specific enough so readers will know if the post will be of interest to them.
- YOUR NAME. No anonymous posts. You must include a legitimate name. All anonymous posts will be removed, no matter how great the information is. By using a real name on the forums, it keeps the forums friendlier. There are thousands of people here, so we'll never get to know and remember you if you post under a nametag.
- Please use your first name and not a "handle" or screen name. When choosing your posting name, do NOT use a "handle" but rather your REAL NAME or a variation of your real name. We ask that you do this in order to keep the friendly atmosphere of the forums intact. Posts with "handles" will be removed.
- Do not post "Thank You" messages to every person who answers your question or to every post you find useful.
- Do not post a question or information that has been posted previously. In order to make sure you are not repeating a question or information be sure to read all of the thread you wish to post to before posting.
- Please do not start a new thread on a topic already being discussed. Use the search function and read the forum prior to posting.
If you are asking for feedback on a Mystery Shopping or Merchandising company, be sure to search the archive for that forum as well.
- DO NOT post iN aLL uPPer CaSe. IT IS LIKE YELLING. This goes for TITLES as well.
- DO NOT post a follow-up unless you have something to add to the original post.
- Please don't expect people to reply to your postings via email. Email only helps you - others probably have the same question and would like to know the answer. Keep the exchange of useful information public; that's what we're all here for! Also note, if you post "Email me for the answer," you could get 1,000 e-mails.
- Please don't email members of the forum to ask inappropriate questions. Keep the exchange of useful information public; that's what we're all here for!
- For your safety, please DO NOT post your telephone number or mailing address on the forums (exchange your contact information via email only). Do not even post your e-mail as the address is more secure using the e-mail icon in the post.
- Post any restrictions about the offers. i.e. if the offer is for a certain country only.
Extra Notices for Mystery Shopping / Merchandising / Demo Forum
Schedulers and Company Representatives
- Please post jobs in the area that says "Job Openings & Recruitment Ads" only. Do not post jobs on the forums.
- Give some description of the job in the title. "Bank Shops" or "French Fry Demo" is much more useful than just "Shops" or "Demos."
- Your company's name, location, your title and contact info must be in the area titled BIO.
- We appreciate your participation in discussions, but ask that you only put your company's contact info in messages directly related to your company. (This rule is to keep certain people from replying to every thread with nonsense just to get their name in.)
- There is a private Scheduler's Forum where you can share ideas and chat with other schedulers. Discuss tips, training, software, tools, events, complaints, shoppers or whatever. Schedulers only can access this forum. To gain entry, please send an e-mail with your User Name to SchedulersForum@volition.com.
- Please, respect the Confidentiality Agreements that you sign with your companies. Do not post what companies do what jobs unless it is already listed on that company's website or they have posted the information themselves. (Be careful that you don't do this by accident either. Such as "I am having trouble with ABC's form for XYZ Restaurant.")
- Do not post replies to the forum to get assignments. Schedulers provide contact info in their posts.
- "I'm New" posts will be deleted. Read this whole website (not just the forum) then ask any questions remaining. Unlike other forums which are cluttered with "I live in XXX and want a job," we don't allow that unless you have seriously looked and are still having trouble. Then you can post with all the details of what you have done to date and we will try to help you.
Forum Posting Rules
- Make sure your post is related to the specific forum you are posting to.
- No scams. This is especially true for referral sites. Referral sites are those that you earn points or rewards for getting new people to sign up with your ID number. First, make sure it is legit.
- No posting of stuff already listed on Volition.com. Check the appropriate section of Volition.com and search through the past messages before posting something. (If someone does post a referral site that is already listed, we will contact the webmaster at that site telling them about the post on this site and this will cause their account to be terminated.)
- We do not allow self-promotion. Promoting your site's content should be directly related to the topic of the article.
- No personal attacks or anything else that could cause offense to somebody else. Keep the posts positive.
- No profanity or adult language permitted. Do not put in anything that could be considered sexually explicit, or unsuitable for minors. A posting must adhere to the community standards.
- Absolutely NO FLAMING. If you have unfavorable comments about anything, outside of a professional opinion, we ask that you keep them to yourself. Professional courtesy and common manners is the atmosphere in our forums.
- You may not use HTML code in your post.
- Any and all spam will be rejected. Should spam be posted, the sender may be notified by email that any future spam posts will be assessed a $500 per post proof reading fee. As there are several methods to track spammers down, bills will be sent and if not paid, directed to a collection agency for reconciliation. This includes notation on personal credit reports from TRW. ISP's will also be contacted so that they can pursue cancellation of the spammers account, if it violates their TOS.
- No advertisements of any kind. No classified or commercial advertising.
- Users may not post under multiple names. Those doing so will be banned from our discussion.
- Copyright: Stories posted to this newsgroup are the sole responsibility of the poster. Should any copyright infringements or violations occur, please direct your inquiries to the poster. Volition.com, its moderator, or its web space provider are not responsible in any way. This remains a public access newsgroup, as any other newsgroup. Posters are always responsible for their actions.
- Your free expression here is not protected by the Bill of Rights since this is not a government-controlled institution. We may at any time, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, remove any posting. You agree to indemnify Volition.com and hold us harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings, or liabilities arising out of your violation of the above terms and conditions. You're responsible for all statements you make.
- Opinions expressed on these forums are the opinions of the posters; the management of Volition.com takes no responsibility for them. And please note that while we try hard to quickly remove all illegal, defamatory and offensive postings we may inadvertently miss something nasty once in a while. We'd greatly appreciate your help in bringing to our attention anything evil or obnoxious; email us at email@example.com. Volition.com doesn't imply toleration of or agreement with any message by allowing it to remain in public view.
- Submissions become the property of Volition.com LLC and may be edited or republished by us in other media. Volition.com reserves the right to republish any material contributed by our readers. By posting to our forums, you expressly grant the right to Volition.com LLC to republish the content in any form. Nothing posted to this forum can be reprinted or reproduced by anyone else without prior written approval from Volition.com LLC.
- Changes to Guidelines: As moderator, I reserve the right to change any of the guidelines listed. Comments and suggestions are welcome.