Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Dropped from company permanently - I missed the deadline, because they moved it up w/o notifying me.
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GeorgiaW
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  06:44:23 AM
I recently received an email notifying me that I was dropped permanently from a company because I did not complete shops I had signed up for. Fortunately I had printed the screen showing my list of shops and the due dates. However when I returned to the list the due dates had been changed, without notifying me, to a week earlier. Now no one returns my calls or emails

Anyone else have this experience?

GeorgiaW

CabrusoBros
Star Contributor

NC
USA
744 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  08:13:17 AM
Gremlins in the computer I would suspect. I would continue to contact the service. Make sure to send a letter with a copy of the screen showing due dates you had. Apparently there was a schedule change. I am sure the service would debate that you should have checked the site or that they notified you. That is neither here nor there at this point. Be as diplomatic as you can. People who flake on shops do not usually spend additional time trying to correct a situation such as this. Let them know you had the understanding of a certain date and were working toward that date and want to rectify the misunderstanding.
Go to Top of Page

JulesDV
Contributor

TX
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  08:45:05 AM
I had something similar to this happen to me a few months ago. I got a notice from a scheduler telling me that my due date was moved up one day for a shop that I never received! I told the scheduler that I remembered applying for it, but received one of those e-mails telling me someone else was assigned the shop never an ACCEPTED e-mail. She told me that the system sends it out to the assigned shopper, which showed to be me, and that if she took it out of my folder I would be dropped from the company. (I would've gone ahead and done it, except that it was 1 1/2 hours away and I had requested it when I was going down there the weekend prior and it would be within the date range but it was now mid-week!) I am pretty anal about this kind of thing, and keep all e-mails in an folder assigned to each company. I offered to forward her the e-mail, but she declined and sent me an e-mail saying that I was no longer active for this company. Sometimes you just can't win!

MSPA Silver Certified 7oyxfy.
Go to Top of Page

MaureenLu
Star Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  08:58:55 AM
Something similar to this just happened to me a couple of days ago. I received an email stating my shop had been cancelled and reassigned because of my failure to complete it on time. I look through my emails and never saw the "ACCEPTED" email that usually comes with using Sassie. I did find several "CLOSED" emails for all the other locations I had applied for (same chain) but not for this particular location. I email the scheduler and tell her that I don't have an accepted email and didn't know I had it to begin with. She told me when the email should have gone out (I looked again at ALL emails that day) and did not have one - only the rejected locations. I emailed back apologizing for any inconvenience that confusion might have caused and sorry she had to reschedule, but I show that I did not have the shop to begin with. I have a bit of OCD and print off my shops right away. I told her I have never dropped a shop or even had to ask for an extension. She sent back a short note saying "you'll be notified if other shops in your area become available". Time will tell....

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
Go to Top of Page

Jay R
Valued Contributor

Shelton, CT
USA
126 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  09:16:40 AM
Hmm.. I too have had an accepted email disappear. I recently met John of Sassie fame and he asked for suggestions. I think this is a great one. Maybe when an "Accepted" email gets sent it is listed as return receipt so that the scheduler knows it has been opened? Or maybe as simple as containing a link to click on acknowledging your acceptance of the shop. The more I think about it the second idea is better as it could be automated. If a person does not accept within 24 hours it gets resent. If the person does not accept within 'X' time the scheduler gets notified so that he/she my re-assign the shop.

-Havok
MSPA Gold Certified # ggu7ew
Shopping Southen CT and the NYC Metro Area

Go to Top of Page

ShAndrews
Inactive

Inland Empire, California
USA
480 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  10:02:58 AM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message
That is a wonderful suggestion, Havok, here's hoping that SASSIE will do it!

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Inland Empire, Southern California
Go to Top of Page

Backus

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  11:58:58 AM  Send Backus an AOL message
This post makes me wonder - I have never seen an accepted email. Only a "this shop is closed one". I have to look at each board to find out what I was awarded.

I wonder if my hotmail filter thinks it is junk and is deleting it.

Does anyone who uses Hotmail, have any ideas?

Amy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

ConnieS
Star Contributor

Matthews (near Charlotte), NC
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  12:17:33 PM
Backus, I had a kind of similar problem that just started in the last couple of months with a free Juno e-mail account I was using. All of a sudden, I stopped receiving any of the mass mailing SASSIE offers. I only realized at first that it was with one SASSIE site because my husband gets offers from them and I didn't. I e-mailed that site to see if there was a problem on their end, and the owner said all was fine and suggested that I check Juno filtering. I realized then that I hadn't gotten any SASSIE company offers. I don't have a way to control Juno filtering and posted a question on the Problems with Web Sites Board. One person answered who didn't know either (she gets the paid Juno and didn't have the problem). This morning, I changed my e-mail address on the SASSIE sites to my Roadrunner account through cable. I've gotten 2 SASSIE e-mails since I changed my address. Since you have hotmail, I know that you can control how "high" for filtering, so I might would decrease that for a while to see if it helps. Although, I also think hotmail puts those e-mails into a junk folder, so I don't know if that would even help. Juno didn't offer a junk folder, so I'll really never know what happened. I still don't know what the problem was or if it was even a Juno thing. I'm just glad to get e-mails again.

MSPA Gold Certification q4rzw0
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  12:43:51 PM
Hello all.

I use Hotmail and recently missed TWO deadlines because I never received the SASSIE acceptance emails. I was mortified! I, too, keep everything and I doublechecked. Nope. I did not receive either acceptance or rejection emails on those two shops. Luckily, the Kern scheduler who scheduled these shops was very understanding when I emailed her back, telling her what happened and apologizing. She gave me a second chance and I completed those assignments by the extended due date.

The weird thing is I usually browse the subject headers of my junk mail before I empty that folder. I did not see the acceptance emails there, either.

Suggestion for other Hotmail users: there is a Safe List feature on Hotmail. Not only can you put a specific email address in your Safe List, you can actually put a domain (e.g. @xyz.com) there, too. So, you can put the domains of MS companies there, if their email addresses are something like scheduler@company.com . That will decrease the chance that you miss an email from them -- even if someone other than your regular contact emails you. For example, let's say you usually get emails from Jane@company.com . But, another scheduler, Dave@company.com emails you. If you had put company.com in your safe list, you should get Dave's email. But, if you only put Jane's email in your safe list, Dave's email could end up in the junk mail folder.

I don't have a solution if they use an AOL.com or other similarly broader address.

Good luck and good shopping!

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

.AlanBSC
Inactive

Portland, OR
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  1:28:41 PM
Email Filtering Systems.

In the course of scheduling people we have noticed that any email BCC'ed to a large amount of recipients 30 or more is almost always deleted by major ISP providers filtering systems. If you are expecting a response from your scheduler and don't receive it, check with them. Scheduler's have 100's of people to send these emails to and they have no idea that your provider rejected the email as spam. You might also contact your ISP and explain to them that they are costing you money and see if there is some way to by pass the spam filter for your account. Sure this might get you more spam but wouldn't it be worth it rather than missing out on a great Opportunity.

Alan Schmid
Best Service Company
Go to Top of Page

Sandy J.
Valued Contributor

Twin Cities, Minnesota
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  4:35:15 PM  Send Sandy J. an AOL message
Regarding Sassie sites - I usually get the "thanks but no thanks" email however in the last two days I have been accepted for shops. Reading carefully through the email I have found that the scheduler is requesting that I reply within 24 hours, in an email, confirming the shop. Perhpas this is as a result of drops or an answer to people not knowing they have the shop assigned to them?

Sandy

Happily shopping the Twin Cities
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Neecy
Inactive

Lyons, GA
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  5:22:03 PM
I too was just dropped from a company and i had never received notice of a shop i was to complete
Go to Top of Page

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  7:08:19 PM
Today I also received an ACCEPTED email from Sassie in my Hotmail's junk filter. Always check there since it happens quite often. I am glad that I did not empty out my junk mail without looking at it first.
Spam filters tend to junk emails at a whim. I tested out email by sending a test email from my Yahoo account to my Hotmail account. The test email was later found in the junk folder.
Better check twice!

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.
Go to Top of Page

DDeMartino

Palm Desert, CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  10:17:03 PM  Send DDeMartino an AOL message
I too was also dropped from a SASSIE COMPANY I was not given an explanation I had only did one shop for them and recieved a 10 out of 10 for my report but when I contact the scheduler to find out why I am deactivated she won't return my emails. I have sent her over 3 emails inquiring as to why I had been dropped. Also, this company is Redondo Beach, CA anyone else expierence the same problem?
Go to Top of Page

Backus

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  06:34:37 AM  Send Backus an AOL message
DDeMartino - now I am wondering if you really never heard back, or if you did and it was deleted by hotmail. Maybe I will change my email address with Sassie to one that is not Hotmail and see if that makes a difference.

To the rest of you - thanks for the advice. I will change my junk filter to not auto-delete first and see if that helps.

Amy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Paul Roche

Hudson, MA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  08:32:57 AM
Obviously, it is a poor business practice to drop someone after they have failed to recognize when you have changed the rules of the game at halftime. Key question might well be: anyone really want to shop for a company like that?
Go to Top of Page

DDeMartino

Palm Desert, CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  5:38:35 PM  Send DDeMartino an AOL message
No, I have AOL. I don't use hotmail but it's quite strange I even sent a fourth email to the contact scheduler telling her I sent 3 pervious email and that I would call the company as my next action for her not responding to my email! Then, I thought yeah right! I don't wanna work for a company that is that rude anyway!
Go to Top of Page

GeorgiaW
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  6:24:28 PM
I have since been reinstated as a shopper. I was finally contacted by the company and told that the due date was posted in error.
Go to Top of Page

CabrusoBros
Star Contributor

NC
USA
744 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  07:28:32 AM
I am on AOL and although find its users pay more, have been glad to find out that it may be worth the extra due to these type of email snafus. Hard to believe you may have a filtering system that is weeding through your mail for you and potentially eliminating necessary emails. Very valuable post!
Go to Top of Page

NatrinaNC
Valued Contributor

High Point, NC
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  6:23:39 PM  Visit NatrinaNC's Homepage  Send NatrinaNC an AOL message
Backus you should also consider adding schedulers to your safe list so that they will automatically be sent to your inbox. The safe list on Hotmail allows you to add domain name for mailing lists. Each time you get a job posting from a scheduler click add to safe lsit or address book and you should always get those emails.

MSPA Gold Certification #icw3ir
MSSIC: NatrinaNC
Shopping the Triad, Triangle and Charlotte Areas: High Point, Winston Salem, Greensboro, Burlington, Durham, Cary, Raleigh, Concord, Charlotte, Matthews, Kannapolis, Salsibury
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums