Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 How to get started with Service Intelligence?
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adaire

Las Vegas, NV
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  12:19:12 PM
I used to receive job announcements, but never shopped them because I didn't have a car. I thought I had just unsubscribed from the e-mails recently, but they must have deleted my account because I have been unable to login. I've reapplied, but apparently I wasn't as impressive this time around because I haven't heard back from them. Any suggestions?

Adaire
Silver Certified 8/2003 p9lrbt

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  1:09:59 PM
It says in their Q&A section that it can take awhile to be contacted, based on job availability in your area. I looked under Utah, and saw several jobs listed, even a couple with a Bonus attached. Maybe they just take awhile to get through all the applications. It's been awhile since I started shopping for them, so I can't really remember how long it took to hear from them. I really was thinking I was assigned a shopper # and password pretty much immediately after submitting my application.

You've probably already tried this, but have you clicked on forgot username or password link? Maybe you're accidently typing something in wrong?

Good luck,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  1:17:51 PM
Seems to me that they sent emails and anyone who had not written a project review or did a shop with them in 6 months was to be removed in order to clean up their data base. It took a good 6 months for me to get called after applying with them. The shopper numbers have increased incredibly fast since I signed up for them so they have loads and loads of new shoppers.

SQM STEP level 9 shopper and proud as a peacock.
also Silver Certified and going for the gold.
Go to Top of Page

Mark22b

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  7:58:24 PM
I actually shop Salt Lake for Service Intelligence. First off,the six month limit is correct. If you don't take a job or pass a test in a six month period you will be taken out of SI's dataase =. Secondly, and I don't mean to be a downer, but I know of many shoppers who have applied in this area and have been waiting for over a year. Almost all jobs are taken within a few minutes unless you are willing to drive two or more hours away. Sorry about the bad news, but I hope this helps you out. Good Luck

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Carosell
Star Contributor

Virginia
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  8:20:36 PM
If the six month time frame is correct I guess Id better think about doing a shop. Unfortunately all I ever see are gas stations, fast food and an office supply. Do they have any other categories?
MSPA Silver Certified

Cholle
MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

EllenLaw

Richmond, BC
Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  12:10:53 AM
I submitted my application in early April but I still haven't heard from them yet. I don't have a user name or password so I don't know if they have any jobs in my area. I guess they just don't need any new shoppers in my area

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

MelWilder

Louisville, KY
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  07:53:38 AM
When I signed up it took two months before I heard back.
As far as the shops it really depends where you live and what they have near you. I personally do not like the "fast food" shops due to doing the DI and DT at the same time (15 mins. apart) but I love the gas shops free gas can't beat that!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KatherineM
Contributor

TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  08:08:47 AM
Carosell - If you'll log in and go to the Project Review page, you'll be able to determine the "other categories"
Go to Top of Page

Sandy J.
Valued Contributor

Twin Cities, Minnesota
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  10:34:50 AM  Send Sandy J. an AOL message
I signed up with them about two months ago and just yesterday received my Shopper ID and Password from them. Evidently it takes time for them to go through their apps and match them up with places they have jobs. I had even tried writing to them but received no response until now. I would suggest patience.

Also, they do require you to pass their tests and remain active or they will remove you from their database. In reading the material, I have found that you can pass the tests for the many companies they shop, getting ready for the time they are offered in your area. There might be some correlation to having enough of their "certified" shoppers in an area to offer to a company.

I'm looking forward to my first and hopefully many shops for them.

Sandy
Silver Certified

Happily shopping the Twin Cities
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Carosell
Star Contributor

Virginia
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  11:17:50 AM
Thanks Caitstuart,
It looks as though I am somewhat limited in my choices. I'll just have to hope that a casual dine-in becomes available before I'm dropped.

MSPA Silver Certified

Cholle
MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  11:41:28 AM
Carosell, if you do a project review it also counts. Pick one you have not done and do the test, that gives you another 6 months.

Dan
SQM STEP level 9 shopper and proud as a peacock
also Silver certified.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  1:03:31 PM
I must be one of the lucky ones, or my area just has a larger need for MS people. I applied and within two weeks got a response for a shop and have been doing lots of stuff for them every month. I try to stay away from the FF unless it has a bonus attached due to having to do both the DI and the DT and you cant bring someone with you to eat all that food, does not help the diet.

I also love to do the sports shop and a few of the restaurants they have. In fact I did a FF this morning with a nice bonus on it and I am doing a very nice casual restaurant tomorrow night.

Beats cooking on a hot night any day.

Be patience, especially if you live in an area with either lots of MS or not very many shops.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Laurie123
Valued Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  6:21:41 PM
Wow! I received a response within a week, and I think within the day! They must really need people around here. I thought it was automated and everyone heard back very quickly.

-Laurie
Go to Top of Page

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  7:45:36 PM
Laurie,

WOW is right!!! I just looked at jobs available in Ohio, and couldn't believe my eyes!!! It made me wish I lived there! There's never that many jobs listed for Arkansas, even when the jobs first come out!

Hmmmmm...Do you need a new neighbor?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums