Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LaurieTN

TN
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  3:15:04 PM
I was reading the instructions for the vitamin shop, and it reads that we need to get a UPC code if a certain product is offered. I did not accept the shop yet, as I am unclear as to how I could do this w/o being obvious (this type of store is usually small!). Anyone done the shop? Suggestions?

MSPA Gold-Certified Mystery shopper, shopping for over 50 companies, for over 16 years.

DarleneFL
Star Contributor

Tampa Bay Area, FL
USA
343 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  3:51:59 PM
I wouldn't think it would be that big of deal. There is much to compare when shopping for vitamins, supplements and such. You could always say that you think that you want to try that item, but you want to see what is available at other stores or online, etc., and that you are jotting down the name and UPC of the product for future reference -- so you don't have to read all those labels again!
Go to Top of Page

SusanR

Asheville, NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  4:09:35 PM
If this is the same shop, you have to ask about Ephedra items, and get a UPC if they have anything containing it. They tell in in the assignment info to tell the associate you want it for future reference to order off the internet. I did this shop and had the product written down on a piece of paper as a "go-for" list from my son. When it was not available and similar items offered, I told the associate that unless it was exactly as listed, no matter what I brought home it would be the wrong thing.
Go to Top of Page

MarciaT

Ocala, FL
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  5:23:26 PM
Don't sweat this one. The store associate should be telling you that the store has removed all of those items, so you should not have any UPC's to write down. I'd be very surprised if you did.

MarciaT
shopping Ocala, Gainesville, the Villages, & north central Florida
MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

MikeSLU
Star Contributor

SE
USA
318 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  9:12:34 PM
I've had a couple of shops this past month where "Things didn't go as planned." I now realize that sometimes the company wants to make sure that their employees or stores are following the correct procedures. The mystery shopper is given a scenario that "fails" because what we are asked to inquire about is against the company's rules, regulations, policies or procedures. This comes close to being an integrity shop. I am challenged by these as they make me "think more on my feet"; I also am disheartened that the company requesting the shop may be pulling a trick on me.

MSPA Silver Certification # bspa98
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:

If your email address changes,
please be sure to update your profile.

Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums