Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 How specific should I be in my report details?
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

.Sharon59
Inactive

Sebastian, FL
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  11:34:59 AM
When I write up a report, how specific should I be, for example, I did a children's store the other day and the associate recommended a denim hat to go with the denim jumper (upselling). Is it better to include the exact wording in the report, or should I just say the associate recommended a hat? How much of the report do the store employees actually see? I am concerned that I may be remembered if my details are too specific. Is this different with each company? Is this a question I should be asking a scheduler? Any advice is appreciated.

Sharon
Shopping the treasure coast of Florida
silver certified 2x9kdv

MarteeC
Star Contributor

Tampa, FL
USA
1352 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  12:06:32 PM
It is always a good idea to consider if you may be revealed by disclosing too many specifics. Many choose to write in a third person format...I observed the associate blah blah with a customer. You do want to provide details, but if it not important (i.e., a cute little blue hat with pink puppy appliqués), then leave it out.
In this case I would not "quote" but I would say that the associate suggested a cute little hat to match the jumper I was purchasing. If this is the company I suspect, you won't have much space to be too specific.
Some companies just use the reports as a counseling tool, others send full report in its entirety. Different companies have different desires regarding content too.
Go to Top of Page

.ColleenNYC
Inactive

New York City, NY
USA
1700 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  12:52:22 PM
I would see how the shop specs "read", and gauge what info the company is looking for. For example, some stores may want to know what brand of products the reps are attempting to upsell, and that may be the focus of the shop. Other shops may only be interested in the customer service aspects of the transaction. If a question on the report asks " What brand of childrens clothes/accessories did the sales rep attempt to upsell? You may need to be more descriptive of the product. If the question was to read "Did the associate greet you in a friendly manner, and attempt to upsell/reccomend any accessories with your purchase? I would assume( by the wording of the question) that their primary focus would be the sales procedures/customer service.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Follow Volition.com on Facebook.
click here

Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums