Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kim_AustinTX

Round Rock, TX
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  2:53:38 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I emailed a scheduler at CoRI to ask about the increased commission email that I received yesterday. It clearly stated that the increased commissions were only for shops completed by 7/27/2003. However, they included this month's shops in the listing of available shops. I was told that the increased commission was only for July shops and would not be paid for August shops. Just wanted to warn anyone who may have misread or simply skimmed the email, as all of the shops around me where very quickly assigned.

quote:
SET YOUR OWN PRICE FOR pizza SHOPS!!!
Below is the table showing how many shops an auditor must complete by the specified due date to receive an increased commission. Number of Shops Assigned and Completed by Specified Due Date Amount of Commission
5-10 shops $15
10-20 shops $18
21 or more shops $20

***Also, look for other pizza assignments in your area marked with a $, dollar sign. These shops have been set at a special commission of $20-Just for that Shop!!! ***

Starting at Midnight (12:00 AM) tonight, any job an auditor takes on will count towards the arrangement detailed in the above table. Any job already completed prior to this will not count towards this deal. Jobs assigned from Midnight tonight must be completed by the assigned due date to be accepted as part of this arrangement. This offer and all Pizza jobs expire Midnight of 07/27/2003. Commission will be awarded at the end of the period (07/27/2003) based upon the number of qualified jobs completed by expiration date.

Shopping Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Leander, Cedar Park, Burnet and Marble Falls
MSPA silver certificate #efotsv

LoriJennings
Star Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  3:44:12 PM
I don't do the pizza shops, but I received that e-mail you are talking about. I just skimmed and deleted it. I really would have not thought they were a one day deal only on July shops. Hopefully the shoppers who took these shops realize this. It really makes me wonder because these shops were grabbed up really fast in my area too. It just goes to show that you have to read your guidelines very carefully EVERY TIME.

Thanks for the warning to others. I sure wouldn't want to do a slew of these shops thinking I was getting the increased commission, and find out later that I'm not.
Go to Top of Page

JoyB
Valued Contributor

Cherry Hill, NJ
USA
212 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  6:57:58 PM
Has anyone noticed that the cost of a veggie special at least in my area is $14.83 and the reimbursement is listed at $13.xx It bugs me to have to pay my own funds for the pizza. Plus now the tip is reduced to $1. I feel bad just giving the delivery man $1 I'm afraid he will think it is an insult especially as I've always tipped $2 plus change.

Gold Certified Shopper in South Jersey - Cherry Hill, Marlton, Voorhees, Moorestown, Mt. Laurel, Berlin, Medford and other neighboring towns.
joy.bennett@verizon.net
Go to Top of Page

Allyson Goldjay
Star Contributor

Elkton, MD
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  7:22:41 PM
None of the jobs in my area have been taken! I guess everyone around here read the email and decided it wasn't worth it. I can't believe that they would have included that line about the increased commissions but are not including the shops that they just sent out in the increase. That doesn't seem right to me. I won't be taking any, that's for sure!

Allyson

MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED--Washington DC 2003
Go to Top of Page

LianeW

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  8:02:51 PM
JoyB, I've noticed that about the pizza reimbursement prices too. I always get a one topping pizza, and it always comes to $13.89 total. They are only reimbursing $12.98 which leaves me paying almost a $1 of the price. I don't think I've ever had a coupon for the pizza as all the coupons I've ever seen are for a larger size pizza, so it's always been the same price.

I got the email, but there were only three left in my area so there was no point in trying to do them to get an increased commission, and there were no $20 bonus shops listed at all (and these same shops had been up for several weeks). They called about two days after it first went out and offered a bonus to do any or all of the three, so I took them. It's just not worth it to me to do them for the regular commission, and at this point I'm sick to death of pizza (I've 6 of these in the last month).
Go to Top of Page

Anastacia H
Trainee

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  9:30:05 PM
I'm a complete newbie at this. Is the shop fee $15 PLUS the cost of the pizza or is it just $15 to cover the cost of the pizza?
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  10:48:49 PM
To JoyB;
don't worry to much about the tip. My two boys use to work for pizza places and if you look at the cost of the pizza delivered vs. the pizza you pick up, you will see a difference in price. That is the amount they give to their drivers to deliver the pizza. The tip on top of it all is extra and $1.00 won't cut into their tips. One time one of my boys got $20.00 for a delivered pizza.

But I agree on that increased commission. I looked at the web site this morning after I got the email and by this evening all but two shops were gone!!

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl

Maryland
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  04:11:55 AM
Anastacia,
The company pays a fee of $15 and will reimburse you for the cost of the pizza up to the set amount, which is $12.58 - $13.99 (depending if you purchase a 1 item or garden special pizza)

MSPA Certification # l8xh2q
Go to Top of Page

JoyB
Valued Contributor

Cherry Hill, NJ
USA
212 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  06:08:02 AM
I'm still confused about this email. I did not receive it until the evening of 7/28 and the jobs listed in it are August pizza jobs. But the body of the email still referrs to them being completed by 7/27 for bonus. I've emailed CORI because I would definitely do some for the larger bonuses but don't want to take them thinking they are bonused and then be told later they are not. (That has happened to me before with CORI) Anyone get clarification on the August jobs as relates to this email bonus offer.

UPDATE I received a reply from CORI that said The email you received with the "set your own commission" message was attached to the regular email that alerts you with new jobs available. The offer expired on the 27th. This offer is not longer on jobs for August (7/28- 8/24). The commission is back to $6.00.

Gold Certified Shopper in South Jersey - Cherry Hill, Marlton, Voorhees, Moorestown, Mt. Laurel, Berlin, Medford and other neighboring towns.
joy.bennett@verizon.net
Go to Top of Page

Kim_AustinTX

Round Rock, TX
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  07:06:45 AM
JoyB,

The increased commission is not for the shops completed in August, only those that were completed by 7/27/2003 will be at the increase commission. The commission for August shops is back to $6.00.

Shopping Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Leander, Cedar Park, Burnet and Marble Falls
MSPA silver certificate #efotsv
Go to Top of Page

Jenny T
Valued Contributor

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  07:45:48 AM
On that increased commission for July, is it $15 extra for EACH shop or one $15 bonus for completing at least five shops? I did six shops in July after I got the first e-mail and wasn't sure which it was. Either way it was worth it to me so I grabbed some shops but it wasn't very clear on the e-mail. I kind of got the impression it was only one bonus.

My other gripe is how RIDICULOUS the reimbursement amounts are. In my area, a one-topping pizza is $10.99 and that is exactly what the reimbursement is. Unfortunately, this does NOT take into account the almost 10% sales tax there is in my city! Geez, the shop fee isn't that much anyway and now it is being reduced because I have to pay the one dollar tax on the pizza out of pocket. Unless I have a coupon or they are giving some great bonus, those shops can just sit there and rot!
Go to Top of Page

Angela Burton
Valued Contributor

Schererville, IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  10:55:55 AM  Send Angela Burton an AOL message
I have just completed 3 shops and have been reimbursed the full amount of my pizza (I think they are saying that a one topping pizza should cost no more than $x and a garden pizza $y and then they reimburse any tax). I have always received the full amount with this company and have completed over 30 shops since February. I love when there's a bonus but will work for less knowing I'll be a preferred shopper when the bonus comes around again.

Shopping NW Indiana
MSPA Gold Certified #7cw9pu
Go to Top of Page

Laurie123
Valued Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  10:58:48 AM
I received the email when there were still many July shops in my area open. They were taken quickly after the email came out.

I think there were people in my area who don't read Volition (and didn't understand/read their email) because a bunch were taken right away for August and some just reappeared today. I think they were dropped once the shopper realized the gig was over.

Laurie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums