Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 My Mystery Shopping Checks were Stolen - Will companies replace?
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NSchade

Scottsdale, AZ
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  11:24:54 AM
I had 3 mystery shopping checks stolen from my car prior to cashing. Has anyone had this happen? Will companies reissue the checks? I have already contacted them, but wanting some input.

ShAndrews
Inactive

Inland Empire, California
USA
480 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  12:58:06 PM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message
I'm sure they will replace the checks, however they are going to have to pay the fees to put stop payment on those checks, so they may backcharge you that! Let us know how it goes!

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Inland Empire, Southern California
Go to Top of Page

Heather_K
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  1:31:44 PM
I haven't had this problem, but it could be costly for you. The company could charge you for the cost of putting on a stop payment (maybe $25-$35). If your check was for less than that it may not be worth it. Once, when I was waitressng, another server lost his paycheck which was probably about $10. Since the stop payment fee would have been more than the value of the check, nothing was ever done about it. Just one of those things.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl

Maryland
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  1:32:51 PM
The company should be able to stop payment on the checks and reissue new ones. Contact them ASAP before they are cashed and returned to the bank for payment from the MS company. If that happens, then you will most likely not receive your payment. Good Luck!

MSPA Certification # l8xh2q
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer_MO

Raytown, MO
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  1:57:13 PM
First of all- what a bummer! I'm sorry that had to happen to you.

One thing I always do, not that it helps you at this point, is whenever I open my mail and get checks I write For Deposit Only, my checking account number, and endorse the check. I'm a type A when it comes to filing and records keeping, so I'm always attaching the stub to my paperwork and filing it as paid at the same time anyway, so the extra step really isn't a hassle for me. That way, if someone did get their hands on my money, they'd have a hard time doing anything with the check other than putting it in my account.

I would imagine that most of the companies will re-issue the check as long as it hasn't already cleared, but like other posters pointed out, the fees may be less than what it's worth.

MSPA Silver Certification
Shopping the Greater Kansas City Metro area in both Kansas and Missouri.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Follow Volition.com on Facebook.
click here

Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums