Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Shops you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 59

Erik K
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  08:46:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What movie is this for?

quote:
Originally posted by AmyK

Furthermore, after putting it all together I still couldn't get the giraffe's and donkey's ass to swing properly!!!!

Go to Top of Page

JStuart
Apprentice

Athens, Alabama
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  09:06:05 AM  Send JStuart an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Went to do another standee last week and someone STOLE MY DONKEY's ASS
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  3:36:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually it was a giraffe and a zebra but I was so tired last night that I couldn't remember. The asses are suppose to swing back and forth. It's for Madagascar 2. The theater personnel weren't thrilled when I was done either cuz it makes loud obnoxious noise every 15 seconds or so. I don't think they'll replace the batteries when they run out.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  7:20:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I ms a theater and usually make a comment about the standees and movie boxes. I have all the admiration in the world for those who put those standees together! There was a terminator one with a surfboard sticking way out. Wow! And those 10' tall ones. Amazing!
Y'all deserve big bucks!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  04:07:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The words Standee and easy should never ever be put into one sentence.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

SteveMicheal
Apprentice

AZ
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  10:33:04 PM  Visit SteveMicheal's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The $35 Gift Card Reinversment shop for a Sporting Good Store

The Narratives are rediculus and there are no guidelines to help guide you on the shop.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

MichRogers

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  08:46:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The ones that pay very little and ask for a lot of paperwork.

For instance, the $5.00 that takes over an hour to finish.

Mi
Go to Top of Page

Erik K
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  12:27:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shops that pay next to nothing - especially when they want you to review (or print out) 10 - 20 pages of notes.

Shops that you sign up for weeks in advance and then you get notification the night before that you are assigned.

Shops that you complete and then have to wait a week or two for the editor to review.
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  6:08:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd NEVER do an Ikea store again...whew, what a joke.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  04:57:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will not do a shop at the steakhouse that has the accessible parking at the rear, near the emergency exit. Too many people think they can go out the door, and the sirens blasted at least 3 times during the shop!

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  05:35:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A shop with a company that provides NO WAY to contact anyone. I was asked to shop with this company on a HUGE scenario. However, they had the wrong contact information for the person I needed to call. After researching the phone number myself and sending several detailed emails asking for help, I finally reached the person. Performed the shop and got a decent review.

Didn't get my pay.

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Nancy T.
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  05:54:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shop at a VERY upscale clothing outlet, with only two employees, where an item is tried on, a purchase is made, and the item is mailed to the shopping company for reimbursement. That part is no big deal, as the item cost several hundred dollars and they gave a very generous fee. The problem came when the shopping company returned the item TO THE STORE along with the purchaser's payment info. When asked to do the shop again six months later, get the same employee who says, "Hi, (name.) Are you really looking for something or are you here to shop me again? We got the sweater back; I assume you got your reimbursement OK?"
Duh. Way to burn a shopper in a very small town.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:23:09 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shoppers MUST:

You must look around the store, and check out the shelves and refrigerator section. You will need to report on the overall cleanliness of the location.
Observe ALL employees and get their descriptions.
Make a purchase up to $2. You will only be reimbursed up to $2.
Evaluate the cleanliness of the store and parking lot.
Write a detailed, step-by-step account of the entire experience.
You MUST hold on to your receipt until you receive payment for this shop. If we have any questions, we will require you to send us your receipt. If you do not have it, you will not be compensated for the shop.
Submit your report BY MIDNIGHT of shop day.

AND THE SHOP FEE IS A BIG $5.00...are you kidding me !!!!!

And payment is received 60 days after the last day of the month in whch the shop was completed. So, if you do this shop on December 1 you will receive payment March 1....I don't think so.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  2:07:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently did one at a book store that was no fee only $10 reimbursement. There was a book that I wanted so I thought I would get a pretty good discount on the book. After accepting the job - I realized you also had to shop the cafe at the book store and buy something and that came out of your $10 reimbursement. I also could not use my discount card at the register to get a discount on the book. So I ended up with an over priced cookie and ended up purchasing a $7 book I will return and had to evaluate I think 5 employees. Never again.

Joyce in Maine

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  6:42:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joyce, I think I just did the same bookstore shop as you, but the instruction said to purchase a beverage? You bought a cookie?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:15:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did the bookstore too but they called me and asked me to do it and I agreed only after they agreed to pay me to do it. There was no way I was going to do it for reimbursement only. Ended up spending over an hour in there looking up "baby" names for my new puppy.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

LPrivett
Apprentice

Willingboro, NJ
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  10:43:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I second the Ikea shops. Too much work, searching, writing, and walking for $55. It should pay $75 bec it is a lot of work.
Any shop that pays $5 and requires work, such as KMart. $5 and you have to perform a shop, make a purchase and get names of associates, and spend 30 minutes on paperwork, puleeeeeeeeeeeeeez! Let the newbies do it. I've learned to say no even if the scheduler begs. Find another sucker. Who has the time, energy, or gas to do a shop for $5? What a joke.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

JenFelix
Contributor

Randleman, NC
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  5:40:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won't do doughnut shops, they had me doing the same 2 stores over and over. The employees knew what I was there for every time.

I won't do any shop over 20 miles for less that $10, which has started to be alot as I live in a rural area. I agree that the fees appear to being getting lower and lower

I will NEVER do the credit card application replacement shop ever again. I wish I had seen this forum before I took it!!

No more FF shops. They have changed how they wanted them done. They want more detail and want you to sit and time other cars before you go thru the drive thru. I was spotted on at least one occasion. Never again don't pay enough.

Jennifer "Cookielady" Felix, Silver Certified. Still shopping and loving it.
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  05:38:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LPrivett

I second the Ikea shops. Too much work, searching, writing, and walking for $55. It should pay $75 bec it is a lot of work.
Any shop that pays $5 and requires work, such as KMart. $5 and you have to perform a shop, make a purchase and get names of associates, and spend 30 minutes on paperwork, puleeeeeeeeeeeeeez! Let the newbies do it. I've learned to say no even if the scheduler begs. Find another sucker. Who has the time, energy, or gas to do a shop for $5? What a joke.

LOL I did one of those big mart shops that required me to do a price check on ONE HUNDRED items. The pay sucked because it was tedious work with much of the information confusing/incorrect or just hard to find. Never again. They budgeted 2 hours for the shop. YEAH RIGHT

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  06:29:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I pass on anything described as "fun, quick, these go fast" etc (you know,the ones that never pay over $10 and take hours and hours). These have always been more trouble than they are worth and I have given up on them.

I really appreciate the companies that pay a reasonable-to-high fee and openly admit they are looking for an excellent report that will probably be time-consuming and that they will not accept anything less than great. At least you know where you stand from the beginning. These I take.

Some of the most difficult and time-consuming jobs I have done in my three years MSing paid $10. The easiest jobs I did paid $100 each.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 59 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums