Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Shops you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 59

PaigeMiller

Columbia, South Carolina
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  6:52:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will never do a SouthWest grill shop again. The fee is a measley $5. You get reimbursed $12 for the food. But the report is to long and there are to many comments sections to fill out. I used to take them cause my BF loves their food, but now I see its not worth it. I hate to eat alone and 12 is not enough to cover food and drinks for two. I get e-mails everyday....sometimes about 2 or 3 talking about these shops. They get close to the deadline, and guess what...NEVER A BONUS OFFERED. smh.

Paige
Part-time shopper; shopping Columbia, SC and surrounding areas (happily un-certified).
Go to Top of Page

Carosell
Star Contributor

Virginia
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  09:15:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can’t believe some of those situations I read on preceding page.

Frankly I do not do gas, convenience stores, purchase and return or reimbursements only shops.

My absolute minimum acceptable fee is $12.00 and then only if it’s convenient for me.

Cholle
MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  09:18:17 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
COMMENTS: XXXXX is scheduling seasonal/holiday retail stores to shop for integrity and customer service.

This is a seasonal retail store (kiosk). We can perform the visit anytime the store is open between the dates above. The Shopper will be performing a COMBO integrity shop.

This entails the following:

Shopper will shop store and find an item around $20 in price and approach an employee when the employee is alone. The shopper will conduct a NEGOTIATION shop to see if the emlpoyee can 'throw something in and/or take $5.00 off the price'. If the employee refuses shopper's offer, the shopper will say that they need to continue to browse and find something else. If the employee accepts the shopper's offer, shopper will exchange the cash for product and leave. If the offer is refused, shopper will browse and conduct a DOUBLE BUY purchase. The shopper will be purchasing any item of their choice priced over $10. The Shopper will use credit card or cash to pay for the first item and leave the store. The Shopper will now know the price of the item w/sales tax. Shopper will pull out exact money cash of what the item costs. Shopper will re-enter the store a few minutes later and purchase another one of the same item. Shopper will pretend like he/she is in a hurry and doesnt need a receipt. Cash in exact money will be given in turn for the item and shopper will leave the store.

We are testing the integrity to see if they are following store policy, do they insist on ringing the sale and/or do they scan the item, where does the cash go? etc.

If you are given a receipt for your products, you will return the products to the store at your leisure for your refund.

If you do not get a receipt, you will mail the items back to XXXX via priority mail. We will reimburse you then for your product (if mailed back) and shipping costs + your shop fee.

If interested and if you have integrity shop experience, please apply!

Any questions, please contact us at info@xxxx.com . It is important that you do NOT cancel as we must shop during the dates listed. If you see that you can shop more than one location, please apply - we will give you all.

No restrictions on this shop.

All this for $25.00...this is actually a 20 foot pole shop in my opinion.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  09:31:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joyce, I saw that shop too and was amazed at the small fee for the nerve wrecking work involved! I would be so worried about following the instructions to the letter, I might just be too obvious.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Brigitte

Jacksonville, NC
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  10:20:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Reveal shops where you give an employee your own cash as a prize!

MSPA Gold Certified Charlotte NC April 2004

Volition Member Since: 10/21/2003
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  12:58:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Beating the dead horse, here, but those $4 gas shops are truly beyond my understanding. Even if I was on my way to another shop, the $$$ in no way compensates for the time it takes to stop, do the shop with all requirements, and complete report.

Yet, many in my area have been snapped up for the basic $4 this month.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  2:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaE

Beating the dead horse, here, but those $4 gas shops are truly beyond my understanding. Even if I was on my way to another shop, the $$$ in no way compensates for the time it takes to stop, do the shop with all requirements, and complete report.

Yet, many in my area have been snapped up for the basic $4 this month.

I don't understand why people do those. Or the gas shops that are reimbursement only for a soda and gallon of gas. Ridiculous. GFK has great gas shops that are well worth the money.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  4:04:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was doing some gas station shops, where you buy a certain item, then take a photo, visit the restrooms, etc. It took minutes to do the shop, but for some reason it took me a good thirty minutes or so to enter it - every question required an answer, uploading receipts, photos, etc. My only reason for taking these shops was I pass by the gas stations anyway and it seemed like I should do them. But finally one day, when my photo was challenged (I was told the gas price should NOT be that high – okay, like I could control the gas prices! And I had a PHOTO of the sign!) I decided that I was not going to do them anymore.

Care to take a wild guess at how much these paid??? (Hint - $6.00)
Go to Top of Page

SueMontagne
Star Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  7:10:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Holy cow, Joyce! If I read the instructions rightly, I'd have to hunt for an item @ $20 (10 minutes), find an employee and try to negotiate (10 minutes), hunt for another item worth $10 (10 minutes),
buy it (5 minutes), leave, then return for a duplicate and pretend to be in a hurry but futz around counting out exact change?

IF I'm given a receipt? How would I get the receipt? [EDITED 11/26 to add: Oh - on the purchase, of course. Duh!]

Then, presumably, I have to answer a zillion questions and write a detailed narrative AND go back to return stuff?

Nuh-unh. I'm sorry to disagree, but this is NOT a 20-foot-pole shop! This is an I'd-rather-have-a-Pap-smear-twice-a-day-for-a-month shop! Makes me twitch thinking about either one.

Take care -
Sue Montagne
Hair & MSPA Cert: Silver (70 - the new 30!)
"Retired" and LOVING it (mostly)!!!
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  04:35:07 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SueMontagne

Holy cow, Joyce! If I read the instructions rightly, I'd have to hunt for an item @ $20 (10 minutes), find an employee and try to negotiate (10 minutes), hunt for another item worth $10 (10 minutes),
buy it (5 minutes), leave, then return for a duplicate and pretend to be in a hurry but futz around counting out exact change?

IF I'm given a receipt? How would I get the receipt?

Then, presumably, I have to answer a zillion questions and write a detailed narrative AND go back to return stuff?

Nuh-unh. I'm sorry to disagree, but this is NOT a 20-foot-pole shop! This is an I'd-rather-have-a-Pap-smear-twice-a-day-for-a-month shop! Makes me twitch thinking about either one.

For you guys...sort of like having a prostate exam with cold fingers....

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:06:35 AM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For me it would be the grocery store where you check that the rat trap does not contain a rat.
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:48:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janice-NoVA

For me it would be the grocery store where you check that the rat trap does not contain a rat.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:51:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janice-NoVA

Janice Porter

Thats a good way to test your ICA cuz I sure would be tempted to blab IF I found something. Blech!

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  08:34:58 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I once did an oil change and the company kept emailing me back asking for more details. They already had over 5 different paragraphs. How many ways can you elaborate on one question you are asked. Some of these shops take too much time to do the report. I just stick to the grocery shops and some last minute shops that pay well.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  12:49:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with the writer who mentioned the pizza shops. After doing doing all that stuff to the pizza, taking precise photos, including turning it completely over - my boys looked at me like I was crazy if I expected them to eat it. For $5? Forget it.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter is shopping now
Contributor

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  1:49:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
PaigeMiller,

I know all about the SouthWest Grill shop. I did one at Moe's. At first I was so excited because I had never eaten there before. Plus I had applied for the shop before and didn't get it.

But the paperwork was over 9 pages long. They wanted a blow-blow description on everything that happen on the shop.

PLUS I didn't get paid until 90 days later. The fee was only $5.00 and remb. The food was good but not worth the work.

Never again.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Hunter is shopping now
Contributor

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  2:00:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know I might be called crazy but I really like the Pizza photo shops. And the non-photo's shops are much better.

I just happen to love the company (client) that performs them.

The shops that are really hard to understand are the $4.00 cafe shops.

The company only pays a $4.00 shop fee and up to $7.00 for the food purchase. Only thing is that the food is high and is past the food purchase price. And they want a step by step description on what has happened.

The new Mcd's shops are no longer fun. Too many requirements and the menu options are cheap. Not worth it.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  4:07:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter is shopping now

PaigeMiller,

I know all about the SouthWest Grill shop. I did one at Moe's. At first I was so excited because I had never eaten there before. Plus I had applied for the shop before and didn't get it.

But the paperwork was over 9 pages long. They wanted a blow-blow description on everything that happen on the shop.

PLUS I didn't get paid until 90 days later. The fee was only $5.00 and remb. The food was good but not worth the work.

Never again.

I agree! The form was ridiculously long and I didn't even like the food. It was a big headache!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sally

South Carolina
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  06:19:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Those of you who have done an ice cream audit, ('scuse me, a *fun* ice cream audit!):
What amount of bonus would make it worth it?

Sally
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  08:50:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sally

Those of you who have done an ice cream audit, ('scuse me, a *fun* ice cream audit!):
What amount of bonus would make it worth it?

why do u say this? I am scheduled for one soon. Should I be scared?

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 59 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums