Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Shops you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 59

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  12:40:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heather, if you ever need help with those French reports, please do check with me as I may just be able to help! My French is still pretty good. I think...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  09:24:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I give up on the pizza shops, again. This time my pictures had a purple tint! Maybe I need a photography class. I really like the works, but that's gone anyway.
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  12:29:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a pizza shop. I think I took about 30 pics in total. And then sent in the best ones. Mine got approved.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Christine H
Contributor

Long Beach, NY
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  5:00:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas stations with unisex restrooms that are located around the side or back of the station. Blechhhh. And then you get paid $4. Maybe.

Christine
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Long Island NY
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  5:04:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I swear, I did about 8 gas station shops, and seriously wanted a shower after seeing the bathrooms at most of them

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  5:06:20 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
At least you won't have to worry about filling in responses for the YES answers.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  7:08:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The gas station shops that are 1/1 reimbursement.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Christine H
Contributor

Long Beach, NY
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  7:18:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JenGA

I swear, I did about 8 gas station shops, and seriously wanted a shower after seeing the bathrooms at most of them
The ones you see in the videos are quite different from the reality - and they don't show the creepy guys lurking around outside.

Never again!

Christine
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Long Island NY
Go to Top of Page

Ebony

Denver, CO
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  10:57:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished doing a cell phone shop in which it took me an hour to fill out the paperwork. Plus the MS requires you to be in the store for 30 minutes all for $12. I don't think it is worth it. I won't be signing up for any of these again

Ebony
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  11:23:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony

I just finished doing a cell phone shop in which it took me an hour to fill out the paperwork. Plus the MS requires you to be in the store for 30 minutes all for $12. I don't think it is worth it. I won't be signing up for any of these again
I no longer take these shops either. The only location in my community is at a mall kiosk, making the 1/2 hour requirement especially difficult to manage. By the time you figure drive time, gas, time on shop, and the detailed report, the fee is no way worth it. Never bonused here with anything more than the magnificant "Hero Citation" which doesn't compensate me in any useful way as my shopper rating is just fine without it...

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

RobertOKorako
Apprentice

Salem, CT
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  6:55:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The great gas shops from Cori. Take a test to see if you can pass it under their guidelines. Retake it when you flunk. Then travel, do a complicated shop with photos of at least one gas pump, a frontal shot, a interior shop, a filthy bathroom shop. Make the report out in 12 hours send it in to get paid 5 bucks plus 1 for gas and 1 for candy. They they find something wrong and stiff you. Never again. I am so stupid that when they did it to me once, I did another shop. Here is the best shop offered in the entire business. There is a gas station offered on Fishers Island in New York. It is offered at 6 bucks. Of course, the only way toget there is by a ferry.(75 dollars round trip) and there are no cabs. Now that is a money making proposition offered by the above mentioned miscreants.

RobertO
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  05:07:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They're far from "complicated" shops, Robert. The test can sometimes be more a pain than the shop itself. But among the people on this board, you'd be hard-pressed to find any of us doing them at their original posted fee. I won't touch them before they're at least 4x that, and even still find a handful to do each month. For what's required, there aren't many pure mystery shops around that are easier.

BUT, at their initial fee offering, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Once bonused though, they become well-paid quick route fillers... for me anyway.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  01:57:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RobertOKorako

The great gas shops from Cori. Take a test to see if you can pass it under their guidelines. Retake it when you flunk. Then travel, do a complicated shop with photos of at least one gas pump, a frontal shot, a interior shop, a filthy bathroom shop. Make the report out in 12 hours send it in to get paid 5 bucks plus 1 for gas and 1 for candy. They they find something wrong and stiff you. Never again. I am so stupid that when they did it to me once, I did another shop. Here is the best shop offered in the entire business. There is a gas station offered on Fishers Island in New York. It is offered at 6 bucks. Of course, the only way toget there is by a ferry.(75 dollars round trip) and there are no cabs. Now that is a money making proposition offered by the above mentioned miscreants.

Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  06:32:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JeffInIL
I won't touch them before they're at least 4x that, and even still find a handful to do each month.

Same here. There are months where I do not have any, but there are months where I can get 10. I have never found them complicated, but the covert picture taking may be intimidating for some.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Headland, Alabama
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  2:39:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with the three of you, but won't touch them until they are bonused. Like the grocery store mentioned above, too much for too little!

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
365 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  5:54:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bank shops!!

They are too much like work.

I wouldn't mind or would at least consider some that my daughter did where she simply had to go in and more or less check supplies...nope, I lied...still don't like banks

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  10:43:55 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
OH,,,,,,,,,I DON'T KNOW!!!

F R E E M A N
Still no money here Loved the email update

Fay
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  05:11:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I said I wouldn't try the pizza shop pictures again, since I got the last 2 rejected, but it's hard to resist a bonus! Should I take the pizza outside and do it?
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  07:49:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be very careful about doing them outside. I've done more than I can count and the only one rejected was the second which was done in our van since I wanted to take the photos right away like they suggest. Despite trying to block it, one very small sliver of sunlight was on the crust and that caused the rejection.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  08:13:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do my photos in the kitchen under 4 100watt comparable CFLs. I take the photos with and with out flash.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 59 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums