Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Random Thoughts
 Happy Valentine's Day - any special plans?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  6:10:57 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be in Vegas, celebrating my 50th birthday, which is the day before. Tony always does something really sweet for Valentines day, me not so much. But since he is such a sweetheart, I always do something for him. This year, hmmmm, I think I will hit a progressive jackpot...Just for him.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Kathy_in_MI

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:09:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband and I will be visiting our Son at Ft Drum, New York. He is deploying the 2nd week of March to Iraq. He has been serving for 5 years in the US Army. As a Mom and Wife I can't think of a better way to spend Valentines Day!

Kathy
Got The Gold in Toledo in 2003!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  5:13:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am going to my ex southerners group meeting, where we will all drink hot coffee and complain about the weather.
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  7:06:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As most of you know, I think the sun rises and sets in my husband and I'm told that he thinks I walk on water. That said sometimes we are the world's biggest skinflints. Several years ago we were in the drug store sometime near or on Valentine's day and while I picked up a few things he looked at cards. When he left the cards I went back and picked out one for him. Before we paid one of us mentioned the high price of cards. I told him to show me the one he was getting for me and before it was over we traded the unsigned and still unpaid for cards there in the store. It was a beautiful card and was $8.00. I told him that I loved him and the card was beautiful and since I had seen it and knew how he felt why couldn't I put it back and he leave with his money intact. He looked at his card, smiled, leaned over and kissed me and we both put the cards back. Every year since then, we go to the store together, pick out the cards we would give each other if we were to spend the money exchange a kiss there on the card aisle and leave and buy each other a rose bush for the rose garden. I wouldn't trade that kiss for all the cards in a Hallmark factory.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  03:13:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its my first Valentine's day as a Newlywed. I wrapped my Husband's present and laid it out for today. I made him a plate of cookies yesterday. When I got up I found a card that made me cry. He picks out much better cards then I do. He gave me roses last night. Also this AM along with the card waiting by the computer were some Hershey bars. We will go out to a nice lunch today.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  04:13:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh how sweet Sandra!

Well - after 9 years my husband knows me too well! For my birthday (the 13th) and for Valentine's day I received a large space heater for my office!! Yippee! Maybe not as romantic as I would have gotten 9 years ago - but I'm trilled.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  06:48:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellen, your story made me go "Awwwww...." and then tear up a little...This is very romantic, if you ask me!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  08:47:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For all you younger ones, some advice from an older one....love your mates, be nice to one another, keep romanic alive and enjoy your day.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3049 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  09:03:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My daughter and I wrapped gifts for my husband yesterday while he was at work, then hid them. I heard him up in the night (about 2am) wrapping something--you can't miss the sound of the tape dispenser. About 3am I got up and pulled his gift out of the cupboard and dug out our daughter's stuff. This morning she was the first up and I discovered she had added home-made cards to the piles on the table.

I was just as thrilled with the card as I was with the rose in the bud vase and the nightie. But I realize the honeymoon must be over. Last year it was a sexy satin baby doll. This year it is a flannel cotton night shirt! It is absolutely perfect for me. Guess the romance shifts as we get to know each other better!

This evening we plan to go out for dinner--all 3 of us since Chris' mom watched Olivia last weekend while we went dancing.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  09:40:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
we go to the store together, pick out the cards we would give each other if we were to spend the money exchange a kiss there on the card aisle and leave and buy each other a rose bush for the rose garden. I wouldn't trade that kiss for all the cards in a Hallmark factory.

Cute story, Ellen...not good for Hallmark, tho!
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3049 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  06:29:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think we will be paying the bill to wall up the sewage pipe in our kitchen wall (leads from the upstairs bath) of our new home. Don't think that leave much for expensive dinners or pretty new lingerie. However, if I can pawn off the child on another responsible human being and find someone to take my mother-in-law somewhere fun, maybe we can make use of an old cute set of lingerie and eat an inexpensive meal at home!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums