Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  7:22:18 PM  Visit Dee in AZ's Homepage  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally made it through the long application form for this company. It looks like they might be hiring in my area so I am hoping I hear from them. Any feedback on them?

Dee
Ardent Services

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  7:30:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dee,

I went through the long application last summer and never heard from them at the peak of the season. They even posted openings in my area when I had applied. Hopefully they still have my application on file as i will not go through that process again.
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  8:00:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied to them Fall 2002 and didn't hear anything until mid-summer 2003 when I got a general email asking for shoppers interested in shopping a certain park. I responded and got a shop! I had no problems with them. Payment was not an issue since there was none. Tickets were provided instead. The scheduler did seem nervous -- needing a lot of reassurance that I would really complete the shop. I wasn't used to that since I had already established my dependability with most companies I worked for, but I understand it. Amusement park shops sound fun but they are complex, and I suppose this company might experience an even higher flake factor than others. Anyway, don't give up! You may hear from them yet!
Go to Top of Page

ShaunaInOregon
Valued Contributor

Canby, Oregon
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  11:01:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed one shop for them and was paid within a month I believe. I haven't been contacted for another shop since then, but that one shop is the only thing around my area.

Shopping the Portland and surrounding areas.

MSPA Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  12:40:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied in 2000 and have not heard from them yet.

:-)
Go to Top of Page

Mardee

Spokane, WA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  2:06:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped multiple times for Amusement Advantage and have had positive experiences. During my first shop, I was having a problem and called the number provided and left a message. I was almost sure I would not hear back from them since it was a weekend, but my call was returned within just a few minutes and my question was cleared up. I received a kind note another time when I accepted a last minute shop because another shopper had bailed. I would shop for them as often as rotation would allow because I like the location they shop in my area and Amusement Advantage has treated me really nicely.
Mardee in WA
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  10:40:13 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied to this company over a year ago and had not heard a thing. About a week ago, I got an email from them asking me to update my contact information - and there was a password for me to use. (It was a computer generated password, nothing I'd ever picked.) I'm not sure if they accepted me a while back and I somehow missed the email, or if they were just now getting in touch with me for the first time - but I was psyched

I filled out the forms online, and got confirmation, but I can't see a way to search for jobs. Does anyone know how they assign? Is it all by email, or do they have a job board? Thanks.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Debra
Star Contributor

Colorado Springs, CO
USA
629 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  2:14:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed one assignment for them, and it was all done by email. I also got the email to update my information, but my guess is that they do that to keep their database fresh.

Debra

Shopping the Rockies
MSPA Gold Certified #cdgxel
Go to Top of Page

Anni
Star Contributor

PA
USA
726 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  2:26:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They do not post jobs. They will contact you by email if a job is available.
Go to Top of Page

Jen Borgen
Valued Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  8:44:18 PM  Visit Jen Borgen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got one of those emails too. It was on December 9.

_________Silver Certified_________
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJoy

MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  9:32:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got one of those emails the other week too. Sounds like they sent one to just about everyone who has ever applied. I keep hoping that they will email me for an actual job though!

Shopping Southwest Michigan, Northern Indiana areas since 1999. MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Leigh Ann P
Trainee

Phoenix, AZ
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  9:52:10 PM  Send Leigh Ann P an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried to apply last week because I got an email stating that they needed shoppers in my area. But when I went to the site, it said that the application process was down and there was no way to register. It also said to check back on Monday the 13th. As of today, it is still down.

Silverly Shopping the Metro Phoenix Area
8cgzpr
Go to Top of Page

SCarson

Arvada, CO
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  08:57:41 AM  Visit SCarson's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let you know we have finished the database update and are accepting applications again. The new shopper self update is also available. New features coming soon include:
  • MSPA certification updates
  • Shop posting board
  • Check status of shops/payments, etc.
  • Shop request options
We encourage you to check back often for updates. Thanks again for all your hard work!

www.AmusementAdvantage.com

Scot Carson
Amusement Advantage
Mystery Shopping Services
www.amusementadvantage.com
Go to Top of Page

JLBurg

Boston, MA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  11:50:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first assignment with Amusement Advantage and I had a great experience. They recently obtained a new client in my area and I found it on their website. I really liked the fact that you can search for assignments and request them.

I also found everyone who works there to be super nice and very responsive. I had some questions prior to doing the shop and it was nice to be able to call and talk to a real person. After completing the shop, I had some comments about the shop and the form and Scot was very happy to hear my feedback. Of course the most important thing...they said that I would be paid in 14 days via Paypal and I was!!!

Jennifer
MSPA Gold Certified in 2003
Shopping Boston and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  2:20:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a great company to work for. Available assignments are listed on the website and if instructions are needed, the scheduler replies very promptly. The assignments are fun and they pay within the 14 days posted, by paypal. I would definitely take assignments from this company.
Go to Top of Page

CGHenning
Apprentice

Torrance, CA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  8:03:51 PM  Visit CGHenning's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I accepted a job through them...i don't remember all the specifics on this company (i.e. when i applied, when i was contacted, payment lengths, etc) but i know I applied a long time ago...and I think I saw one of the schedulers post jobs either here or somewhere and i requested the assignment and was immediately assigned it. The scheduler was really nice and 'human'. The assignment was somewhat fun but there were a lot of people and areas to evaluate and the reimbursement barely covered everything....but overall it was worth it because otherwise i would have just been sitting home that night doing nothing or i would have been out spending my own money...so can't complain too much.
i have refrained from accepting anymore of their assignments though although i have been tempted as the places sound fun...but i just dont think im up for the mile long reports and different people to assess.
Also...i don't remember how long it took to get paid, but i know it wasn't any longer than most ms companies. i would definitely recommend anyone to at least register with them...especially if they have assignments in your area.

Crystal
Go to Top of Page

LynnieB
Valued Contributor

Seneca, SC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  05:11:51 AM  Send LynnieB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop for them in February and it was great! I had to reschedule because of snow and the scheduler was fantastic. I am looking forward to doing more for this company.
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  7:33:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer,
I saw a posting for them also that I was thinking about applying for. Did you do a "fish" shop? If so, I am wondering if you took your children with you & how it went with them along. My kids are 6 & 8 (boys) and I don't know if I could hold all that information in my head with my kids in tow! I would never go without them though!

I'm in Lynnfield, MA....

Elise

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

JoeMazz

Deptford, NJ
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  02:35:45 AM  Visit JoeMazz's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shop for Amusement Advantage can get very complex, and I feel it would be extremely difficult to accomplish with small children. I invited a 35-year old friend with me to do the Amusement Advantage shop, and even she became impatient when I had to stop every few minutes to take notes. It can also be difficult in a large park to find managers, security, and customer relations to evaluate. Overall, I enjoyed doing the shop and I was commended for my detailed report. They have continued to contact me to perform shops for them.
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  07:34:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am taking a couple of days off next month and would love to do a shop for them but everything is out of my area!
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  09:08:49 AM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for a couple shops in my area. I would loooooove to get them!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums