Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

S Wollenberg
Contributor

Texas
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  9:34:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have been checking this company's job board for quite some time. And nothing has ever come up in my huge state.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Jo
Trainee

St. Louis, Missouri
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  07:12:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for this company last Sat. and loved every minute of it. I used the idea someone gave in an earlier post to use one cell phone to call my partners and left messages with the timing and descriptions. It worked great. We were there 8 long hours, but had a blast. The 4 ticket reiumbursments added up to 160.00 worth. And the purchases required were one meal, soda and an item from a gift shop. My scheduler said it could be as small as a pencil. But I figure I was not going to get out of there without having to buy a "prize " for my kids anyway so it worked out. Just my worth.

Bonnie Jo
Go to Top of Page

.Sandy C
Inactive

NM
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  08:01:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have completed one shop for this company. Payment is not due yet, so I cannot comment on that. I'd gladly take another assignment if it was offered.

I bought a DVR on our way. I stated what time it was when we entered, and then just said things like "I guess this is the ticket counter", "My turn", etc so I'd know what happened when. I mentioned each employee by name to my husband and then on the attractions he and the kids participated in but I didn't, I just asked them how it was as they finished. Then I just plugged it into my computer and have the whole thing on an MP3 file.

At one point, one of the employees got nasty with another employee when I asked her a question (instead of handling my problem, she was trying to make it someone else's fault). I haven't heard back yet, but if they decide to contest my report, I can just play back the whole 4 hours for them.

I just had to remember what I was supposed to evaluate and could enjoy the entire experience without worrying that I would forget someone's name or what time what happened.

The reimbursement would've easily covered 2 people, though we took 4 (2 adults, 2 kids). The whole day cost us about $25 over the reimbursement and it was really worth it.

Update: Day 14 (since their site says receipts and report received) but no paypal payment yet

Update: Day 15 Payment received!

NEW UPDATE: In addition to paying me today, I received an apologetic email with an explanation for the "delay" from Chris Carson this afternoon.

Sandy
MSPA Silver Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

Molly Brown
Star Contributor

HI
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  07:25:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never gotten an assignment yet...but I have applied. The ones I saw gave 2 tickets or gave enough to reinburse the 2 tickets, food items, and gift purchase.

I recently saw some open assignments to an amusement park and was going to apply...then I saw that they were having a Katrina Relief day and would accept any donation for admission this Friday...so yeah...I'm going there on donation day instead =) I won't get reinbursed for the food or gift...but I know I'll have alot more fun, no stress, and I can donate whatever I feel like to get in =)

If you do the assignment, you might get a few extra dollars back if you opt for some cheap food and gifts...but all in all... I see it as if you were getting paid $xx and then deciding to spend $xx for a day at the park...along with a few extra hours at home writing the report.

I guess it depends on the person. I actually don't mind these or the restaurant ones. The reinbursement is good and you only have to drive to one place. Although there's rarely any take home money, you get to eat or go places you normally wouldn't want to spend so much money on....well..that's my thoughts =)

Go to Top of Page

MaryJacke
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  5:09:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for this company recently? Any comments pro or con?

I noticed their website hasn't been updated this year. Are they still in business?
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  6:13:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Over the summer I did a shop in Boston. It paid enough for 4 people. They paid quickly too.

I also did a ski resort shop in NY 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed the day skiing. I don't think I will get the return tickets before the ski season ends in March.

I think this is a great company to work for, the shops are fun.
Go to Top of Page

SCarson

Arvada, CO
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  6:14:33 PM  Visit SCarson's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amusement Advantage is certainly still in business and partnering with many new amusement facilities every month. Please let me know where on the company website (www.amusementadvantage.com) you found something that states there have been no updates this year so it can be corrected. We have hundreds of assignments monthly and work with new shoppers all the time. Assignments are posted on the Friday closest to the 20th each month. Shoppers must register to view all open assignments. Our clients are adding many new shops for this spring and summer now so request early, request often and be persistant.

Thanks for your interest and have fun!

Scot Carson
Amusement Advantage
Mystery Shopping Services
www.amusementadvantage.com
Go to Top of Page

RuthHallows
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  08:51:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed several assignments for Amusement Advantage. The forms are detailed and straight forward. The staff is easy to contact and has always been helpful with my questions. I find their reimbursement/pay amounts are generous. I have always been paid on time.

I am looking forward to new spring and summer assignments.

MSPA Gold Certified
Serving Mesa, Tempe, and Gilbert, AZ
Shopping Since 2001
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  09:41:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Assignment Details always state that the report should take 3 to 4 hours to complete. Is that accurate? Or, would they prefer you spent that long on the write up? It seems like a terribly long time to be sitting in front of a single report.
Go to Top of Page

KelliL
Valued Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  10:52:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is fantastic, and pays in a timely manner. The reports are comprehensive and long, but I have not had to spend 3-4 hours on any of them. Most of the report sections give a 5-6 sentence limit, so concise, detailed writing is important. Try one, and you will see the reports are not that bad. Plus the sites are usually fun for you and your family.

Happily shopping in North Orange County.
Go to Top of Page

RuthHallows
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  12:43:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry,

I spent about three and one-half hours on my first report for Amusement advantage. It was my third mystery shop ever.

That said I can finish the same report in about 45 minutes, including time for spell checking and editing grammar.

Hope this helps.

MSPA Gold Certified
Serving Mesa, Tempe, and Gilbert, AZ
Shopping Since 2001
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  1:40:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company, but they only have one venue in my area. Their schedulers are always available, and helpful. They pay right away, and there's no weasling out of it for some imagined error. I also found their payment generous. It was enough to cover FOUR admissions plus all the required purchases. If you get the chance to shop for them, jump on it!

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Donna V
Contributor

Hannibal, MO
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  9:10:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read the directions to expect to spend 4 hours in the park completing the assignement. I think you need that amount of time (min.) to gather all the information they are requesting.

I do have one of these shops for the summer scheduled, not telling the kids just yet!

Donna
silver certified
Hannibal, MO
Quincy, IL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Bessie N.

Pennsylvania
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  1:50:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a terrific company. I have never had payment problems. They pay within two weeks. They pay a $5 bonus for shops submitted on time. They have interesting shops at very nice parks. I have never had to pay out of my pocket to shop for them at theme parks/amusement centers.

Bessie N.
Go to Top of Page

Kris_Lawrence
Apprentice

Dunbar, WV
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  5:44:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first shop with them yesterday. It really wasn't in my area, it was 4 hours from where I live, but they accepted me for it anyways. My husband and I love taking one weekend a month and going some place new to do shops.
Go to Top of Page

Erik K
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  3:38:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done a few shops for them but found the forms easy to fill out and payment was prompt (received payment in an average of 22 days). Instructions are well written and feedback is also provided after you complete the shop.
Go to Top of Page

.ChristinaHall
Inactive

Louisville, KY
USA
2126 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  1:52:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think this is a great company.
Scot rectified a situation I had found myself in (a scheduled shop I had not confirmed being assigned to me, and some tickets I never received being requested back)
Now usually, with ms, even if what happened is not your fault, you're pretty much considered black-balled for all intents and purposes.
Scot wrote me a nice letter assuring me that wasn't the case, and letting me know I would receive future offers. I receive offers about every week now, and just attempted to accept a bonus offer, but was too late.
He put me on as a back-up though, which was fine with me, and told me I would receive $10. for my trouble if they didn't use me. I was not aware of the $10. until he told me. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
A++!!

~Christina

Christina Hall
silver certified zqst3x
Go to Top of Page

Edwina

Owings Mills, MD
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  7:39:08 PM  Send Edwina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm signed up with this company. They have several assignments in my area and the pay appears to be pretty decent. I hesitate to take any assignments because of all the requirments. For instance, one shop requires you to spend 6 hours at the facility. And they say in the notes that you will be required to fill out several forms with 10-12 sentences of narritive in multiple sections. It says you should expect to spend 3-4 hours doing the report. So if I'm spending 6 hours at the facility and 4 hours filling out the report, the shop isn't worth it.

Does anybody know if the reports really are that extensive? They have a long list of April assignments available, so if anybody can respond soon, that would be great.

Thanks.

Edwina
Silver Certified
Happily Shopping in Maryland
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  7:56:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Edwina, I've only done one shop for them, however I didn't find the paperwork very time consuming. If you've been shopping for a while I don't think you'd have any trouble with it. Just keep good notes and keep them after the shop. I did get a call after I had been paid for some follow up info.
Hope that helps.
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  8:07:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Depending on the shop, it takes me between 30 minutes to 2 hours to report. Without knowing what type of assignment you are thinking about picking up, it's hard to asnwer your question. The pay has always been worth it to me.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums