Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  11:49:37 AM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if I'm not seeing shops because my last one was kind of a bust or if there just aren't any shops.
Has anyone seen any shops in the last few weeks?

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  1:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I haven't seen anything with them in a while either. I've been checking at least once a week.
Go to Top of Page

SCarson

Arvada, CO
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  1:37:58 PM  Visit SCarson's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year! To clarify the posts above, we certainly do have available assignments listed currently on our website, although not in all areas. You can always search our site by mileage to see all open assignments. Most assignments are released in the afternoon on the Friday closest to the 20th of each month for the following month. We strongly suggest checking our website often on the Friday closest to the 20th each month and then checking back every day during the week following that Friday to see if you were scheduled for any assignments that you requested.

Thanks for the comments and interest.

Scot Carson
Amusement Advantage
Mystery Shopping Services
www.amusementadvantage.com
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Cassada
Valued Contributor

Rio Grande, NJ
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  2:04:35 PM  Send Jennifer Cassada an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Scot, for clearing everything up.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  6:01:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry Scot, I didn't mean for it to sound like you didn't have anything anywhere - just not near me. Sorry about that!!
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  7:15:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shops have been posted in my area in the same frequency for the last 6 months, less the seasonal summer shops.

I did a shop for AA last September. It was a long shop (a four hour cruise) evaluating many areas of the client's service and took about two hours to enter it. Payment, including the $5 bonus, did cover all out of pocket expenses for two people and about $3 more, so don't expect to make lots of money on these types of shops. The shop itself was fun and well worth it for me.

I was accepted for the shop on the first attempt and the scheduler was nice. Payment arrived about 25 days after the shop by check. I enjoyed working for AA and look forward to doing so again.

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  04:06:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband still talks about some of the shops we've done for them.

I try every summer to come up with something fun for us to do - but right now summer seems like such a long time.

But yes, the work is interesting and the pay is very fair. And it doesn't always seem like work!

David, a four hour cruise (or even a half hour cruise) sounds like fun. And you are right - you don't expect to make a lot of money on these types of shops - its more the experience then anything else.
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  8:39:55 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI there,

Since Amusement Advantage went under their new shopping format, I haven't been able to see any shops on their forum. I realize that their site says that ALL available assignments will show...

When I accessed the site it was within hours of hundreds of new positions being posting. Am I to believe that within a few hours that all these positions were approved and assigned?

I've emailed the scheduler twice but have not heard a word back. I did a shop for them in January and thought that they were please with my report, so I don't think I have been shut out for some reason.

I've updated my information three times in three days, and I don't seen any assignments within 2000 miles of my home.

Anyone have any help for me here?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  08:00:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i knw the shops went super quick around here. They are posted on the Friday closest to the 20th, so if you're first looking now, then maybe that's why they're gone.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  11:04:06 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I realize that these shops go quickly, but I haven't seen a posting for a 2000-mile radius of my home ZIP code for two months. I've been checking every day or two for two months and have never seen a posting... not one...

Thanks, for the input ...

Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  1:57:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ms. Baker,

There are two available today in Indiana. I looked just now.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2009 :  5:44:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They email me monthly as there is an amusement park within 4 miles of me. I can never do it, as I don't have a kid to bring along, and it's usually in the evening. They pay well, wish I could find a youngin and do it.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  09:39:53 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

As I stated... for the past 2-3 months, absolute no shops have come up within 2000 miles on my search.

No one replied to my three responses for help, and I have asked that my record be pulled from their files which has been done.

I hope no one else has to experience "separation anxiety" by being told again and again that their are jobs available, but cannot be seen on their site, and no one cares enough to respond to three emails.

Well.... this is no longer my loss. I did a good job for them on the one assignment I did report. Writing good reports and getting recommendations is not a prerequisite for a job here.

Thanks again... I'm moving on to greener pastures.
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  3:47:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Irene, I have 5 and would be happy to send you one or two. Do you have a preference for shape or size or would you like me to just pick them at random?

Meli
Go to Top of Page

ErinHayden
Valued Contributor

Visalia, California
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  01:34:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have current info on this company? I applied, and see tons of jobs available, one specifically at a location I regularly go to with my son, and one at an aquarium I've been meaning to take him to. Just wondering if it's all as good as it looks.

Erin
MSPA Silver Certified - Covering the great state of California since 2004
Have laptop, camera, and military base access - will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1852 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  4:24:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It depends. Is this a venue that you would normally visit? I love this company - excellent editors that provide constructive feedback, responsive schedulers, bonuses for quickly completed reports, and an accounting department that pays quickly. However, I have four teens and younger nieces/nephews in the area. With the exception of one of the venues, we consistently spend more than I make. We have a great time of it, though!

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

ErinHayden
Valued Contributor

Visalia, California
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  11:09:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Julie_WA_Writer

It depends. Is this a venue that you would normally visit? I love this company - excellent editors that provide constructive feedback, responsive schedulers, bonuses for quickly completed reports, and an accounting department that pays quickly. However, I have four teens and younger nieces/nephews in the area. With the exception of one of the venues, we consistently spend more than I make. We have a great time of it, though!

Yeah, as I said there is one location I regularly go to, and one I've been meaning to go to. Thanks for the input.

Erin
MSPA Silver Certified - Covering the great state of California since 2004
Have laptop, camera, and military base access - will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Les1989

Northern CA & NV, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  11:33:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done the aquarium visit and there is a lot of narrative on many employee interactions. The fee can seem good but you must spend a lot of it on food and a ticket. It also takes some planning to be sure and catch the show times for required animal demonstrations that you must include in the report. The company paid very promptly and included a nice bonus and fast reporting fee. The scheduler left nice feedback for me, too and was easy to work with on this job. I suspect all the amusement jobs are fairly detailed and involve lots of narrative.

MSPA Gold
MSPA & IMSC Video Certified
Nevada Registered
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  09:34:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinHayden

Just wondering if it's all as good as it looks.

I would not recommend the skating shops. The narrative took me at least 3-4 hours to complete, and this was on TOP of the fact that I worked on it for 2+ hours DURING the shop (on my smartphone). Being asked to come up with 6 complete sentences about a brief interaction with an employee, and not repeat anything that has already been said (in the yes/no section and the OTHER requests for a complete sentence about something they said) is nearly impossible.

I stayed up until 1am working on the narrative, then worked on it again from 8-10am and still didn't meet the 10am deadline. I think I would rather just pay $35-40 for the facility and not have to face that when I get home!

The aquarium shop you mentioned is not as bad, but still takes a few hours (and I am a very fast typist).
Go to Top of Page

SCarson

Arvada, CO
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  10:30:59 AM  Visit SCarson's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

It's great to see such constructive comments about our company and our assignments. I would just like to clarify the previous comments regarding our skating assignments. Our typical skating assignment provides a payment of $25-$30 above reimbursement which we feel fairly compensates shoppers at a rate of approximately $8-$10 per hour to complete the report. The assignment mentioned here also included a $10 Bonus (Extra Pay) so the final pay will be more like $35-40 after all expenses. We do honor the $5 Early Return Bonus as long as the shops are submitted by 10am the day after the visit to the facility (with some leeway). In this case since it was submitted at 10:20am Rene will receive the $5 bonus as well.

We don't normally provide an allowance for time spent at the facility since you are receiving the entertainment or amusement value of the attraction while you are at the facility and the costs of this entertainment are already covered by the reimbursement. This also helps to ensure that our shoppers are representative of the true customer base of the facility and helps avoid using shoppers who would never go to such a facility as their comments are likely to have a bias that can negatively impact the objectivity of the report.

We typically ask for at least half as many sentences of narrative in relation to the number of questions in each section. In many cases where the section is longer it will contain questions about not only the employee in that area, but also physical conditions, etc. for that area. Once you provide a couple of sentences on the area and a few more on the employee that usually meets the minimum number or sentences requested. As long as the narrative explanation tells the story of the area, your interaction with employees and provides detailed explanations for the answers in that section, that is sufficient. Our editors do NOT count sentences.

Feel free to contact us directly with any additional questions or concerns and thanks again for your interest and feedback.

Scot Carson
Amusement Advantage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums