Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  11:06:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you mean... if my memory is correct, the last time that I did that shop it was at a $50 pay rate with no other reimbursement, and my expenses were $43.75 (entrance & skates for 3 people, required snack purchase, & some tokens). That nets $6.25, which works out to about $1.50/hr just for the reporting time (not including time onsite or travel time).

I could see that intense of a report on, say -- a major amusement park -- but that many pages for a small rink and 2 hours on site seems like a lot. If the report were streamlined or pared back a bit (which I think it could be without losing content), I think a lot more shoppers would be interested. Or at least I would be.

I'm not trying to be nasty here. I just thought I should let other shoppers know ahead of time what they're getting in to, which as I understand it is the point of the feedback request threads.
Go to Top of Page

SCarson

Arvada, CO
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  11:56:05 PM  Visit SCarson's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rene,

Thanks again for your candor. Forums such as this are a great tool to share information from multiple sources. Our records show that your most recently completed shop from this past Friday, November 26th included regular pay of $55, $10 Extra Pay and a $5 Early Return Bonus, totaling $70. The receipts submitted show that $10 was spent on admission and skate rental. Assuming no more than $20 was spent on food and games, the pay after expenses would be $40. Please note that on this and most assignments we only ask that you bring one guest with you to the facility so expenses for a 3rd person were never intended to be covered as the assignment description and instructions explain. Again this meets our standard of $8-10 per hour for reporting time and we don't usually compensate for travel time or time at the facility due to the nature of our assignments.

I understand your concerns with the report, but would hope that you could understand that in this case and most cases the length and content of the report is largely determined by the client. Questions that you may feel are redundant are sometimes put in place to validate results. The 2 hour time limit is a client requirement to be sure that you have time to enjoy the facility in addition to meeting the observation, interaction and transaction requirements of the assignment.

We always strive to be as clear and fair as possible in communicating the expectations and requirements of our assignments. If you feel we have failed to do so in this case, please accept our apologies. We will revisit the assignment posting description and instructions to be sure they are completely accurate.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have further questions or concerns about this assignment.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Scot Carson
Amusement Advantage
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  12:23:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Scot, I have to voice a concern of my own about the fact that you apparently looked up who Rene was and the details of her shop, then posted the date she shopped on, the amount of the bonuses, and how much the receipt she submitted was for. I understand you wanting to defend the shop, but don't understand the posting of such specific information.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  05:44:10 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Meli, I would think that is so the facts were presented from both sides. I appreciate companies taking the time to do this and post it so we can make an informed decision. Especially when it is done as respectfully as Scot did it.

He stated the facts only, showed concern for her issues and offered to revisit their own guidelines to clarify them so other shoppers would be clear on the requirements. I would like to see other companies follow this method regarding shoppers' concerns.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

TimothyCA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  09:40:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As the shopper was the first to introduce the amount of their personal shop payment, it seems only fair the MSC has the right to correct or amplify on those details.

Scot provided a very clear and complete explanation for the structure of these shops. This would be valuable to anyone deciding if these shops were a good match.

I have not shopped for this MSC, so my opinion is solely based on what I have read in this forum topic.

Timothy
MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  10:28:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done two shops for Amusement Advantage, an aquarium and an amusement park. The reports were both long, but fairly straightforward. I did sometimes find it a bit difficult to not repeat something written previously when giving the summary.

I have found the people at the company to communicate well and work with me. The pay amount was a bit low for the aquarium since it is required to take a guest and the reimbursement is not high. The reimbursement for the amusement park was much better and I feel fairly compensated for my work. The turnaround time on payment is quick. I have a water park shop coming up and am excited about it.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  12:31:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandie, AA's aquarium reimbursement is MUCH better than the other company that does them. But, yes, the amusement parks are better. I think "long, but straightforward" is a good description.

Love this company.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  12:54:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen another company that does Aquarium shops. Can you say who it is?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

EricNY
Contributor

Long Island, NY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  08:37:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Recently got an email from this company offering some shops that I used to do for a different company. Was hoping that they would show up again, but this company doesn't have any feedback posted since July 2011. Has anyone worked with them recently who could recommend signing up with them? Thanks!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified and shopping NY/NJ
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  12:20:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric, I can confirm that they are excellent to work with. Note the "with" because that's pretty much how it is. One nice thing is that you can call them during your shop if something comes up, and they'll actually answer. If you do your best to complete the shop, and something is awry (for instance, not enough food venues open), they will work with you. Also, they offer a bonus for reporting quickly. I don't always get those , but it's a nice incentive. Occasionally I have gotten less than a perfect score, but the deductions are explained when that happens.

Go to Top of Page

KarenKachelmeyer

Martinsville, IN
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  07:50:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am unable to log onto their application this morning :(

There are three types of people in the world, those that can count, and those that can't.
Go to Top of Page

SCarson

Arvada, CO
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  2:17:25 PM  Visit SCarson's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Can you please confirm that you are going to www.amusementadvantage.com? What type of error are you getting? There have been no issues with our site today.

Scot Carson
Amusement Advantage
Mystery Shopping Services
www.amusementadvantage.com
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  6:58:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone on here do the 10/9 Focus Group Assignment based in NYC? I noticed they had difficulty recruiting people. It is now over a month later and I have not received full payment. We were supposed to be paid $60. My scheduler arranged for me to receive an additional $20 for mileage since I lived more than 30 miles away. After several emails I was paid $20 today. Still waiting for the $60 I'm still owed. I had referred a couple of people for this assignment and am glad they could not participate as this is pretty embarrassing to have someone you referred not be paid when promised. Typically focus groups are paid the same day on site. I've certainly learned my lesson and will pass on any others they offer.

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Jen Slyter

Reno, NV
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2015 :  10:59:39 PM  Visit Jen Slyter's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Andrea,

We cannot apologize enough for the delay in processing the rest of your payment. It is embarrassing for us as well, as we have never had an issue like this. We believe it's the way the shops were initially set up, as we had to do something creative in our system due to there being no report to send to the client for this project (all on-site feedback for a focus group), which is what normally triggers payment after editing.

We don't understand why you would have only received the partial payment but not the regular pay that we scheduled to send the following week. We are definitely looking into it and the owner of the company has given his assurance that he will send the rest of the payment on Friday even if he has to manually process each and every payment separately.

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you, along with any of the other shoppers associated with this project, and truly hope that this will not completely turn you away from working with our company. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, and I do believe we should have a resolution very soon.

Jen Slyter
Scheduling Manager
Amusement Advantage, Inc.
Jen@amusementadvantage.com
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  1:42:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was finally paid today for the 10/9 focus group. They also added an extra $10 for the inconvenience. Apparently there was a system glitch that caused a few other shoppers to experience the same delay because there is no report to submit for the focus group because it was a special assignment. Glad it was resolved.

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  10:17:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can I get some feedback about length/time of reports? I saw the description and AA estimate about length of time to complete report. I saw one shop I might like, but saw 2-3 hour report time.

In the end, I think I would rather spend $100 not have to spend 3 hours on a report.

Can anyone comment on how detailed/lengthy the reports are and if the AA estimate on time is realistic?

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  7:53:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

Can I get some feedback about length/time of reports? I saw the description and AA estimate about length of time to complete report. I saw one shop I might like, but saw 2-3 hour report time.

In the end, I think I would rather spend $100 not have to spend 3 hours on a report.

Can anyone comment on how detailed/lengthy the reports are and if the AA estimate on time is realistic?

It depends on how quickly you write. For me, they take longer than listed, but I am slow on narrative and compulsively rewrite. If you are a stream-of-consciousness writer where it rolls off your tongue, it's probably a more accurate time allowance. It's a great company, but you definitely work for your money.

Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  9:14:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. I don't mind some effort, but I don't want to ruin my experience either.

Micah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums