Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: Service Performance Group (SPG)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christine1970
Apprentice

MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  3:13:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes..the newbie needs some help . I just accepted an assignment from SPG and it is a reimbursement shop only. I was so excited to be offered something that wasn't a FF shop that I jumped on it without researching the company first. Has anyone done work for them? I did a search (here on Volition) and didn't come up with any results.

Thanks in advance and have a great evening.

Cath
Star Contributor

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  4:21:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can only help you a little here. I did one shop for them several months ago. They paid as they promised. No problems. Good luck with the shop. (I was a newbie once, too!)

MSPA "Go To Shopper" 2006
MSPA Gold Certified, July 2003.
MSPA Gold Certified Shoppers Panel, Washington, DC, November 7, 2003.
Specializing in hotels, resorts and restaurants since 2002.
Go to Top of Page

KellyIL
Valued Contributor

Joliet, IL
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  8:34:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed four shops for SPG, and recently accepted another. I received payment on three of the shops right on schedule. The other shop was reimbursement for the service only, using a store gift card. I had a problem completing this shop due to weather issues (those of you who work for SPG know the shop I'm talking about), but Wendy was helpful and understanding. She allowed me to complete the shop as soon as weather conditions allowed.

Two thumbs up!

Happily shopping Joliet, Naperville, and Orland Park, Illinois and surrounding areas.
MSPA Gold Certified: 7jjf7w
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  10:54:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one shop for them last November. The instructions were clear and the form was straightforward. They paid on time, although they do take longer to pay than some other companies I've worked for (shop was done 11/15 and I was paid 1/30/04). Still, that's not a terrible amount of time and I wouldn't hesitate to do more shops for them if offered in the future. Good luck!

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SherryShopper
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
490 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  12:13:06 PM  Visit SherryShopper's Homepage  Send SherryShopper an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done one assignment for this company. I did not encounter any problems at all, which is a good thing. I received a check for my shop payment 47 days after I completed my shop. Good luck!

~*~ Sherry ~*~
sfox@yourwebness.com
MSPA Gold Certified #bzxeut
Shopping:
Orlando, FL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Sandy O
Contributor

FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  12:21:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them on 9/11 and one on 9/18 and was paid for both on 11/8. Easy shop, paid when they said they would.

Sandy O
Happily shopping in sunny, southwest FL
MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

GeorgeInMD

Baltimore, MD
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  05:44:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done several projects for them. I would definitely rate them in the A+ Company category. Their instructions are straightforward and their communication great. They have always paid me on time. I would not hesitate to take another job offer from them.

It's nice to be important but more important to be nice!
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  7:04:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check for a shop and had a question about the payment. I clicked on the SASSIE help link for that shop. The scheduler, Wendy, responded in about ten minutes and told me what she just did to get the issue resolved. In response to my thanking her for her incredibly speedy response, she said I was just lucky because she just got online today. To me, it did not matter. Even though she happened to be online when I sent my message, she did not have to respond immediately. I was impressed.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Kathie50

Waunakee, WI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  7:41:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done many Shops for SPG. Wendy is great,and the Company rates "2 thumbs up" from me,too.
Go to Top of Page

TensyAR
Trainee

Sunrise, FL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  06:14:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi
I have worked for them before. Never had a problem. They paid as promised. Good luck.

Tensy Rothman
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Sherry D
Valued Contributor

Seattle, WA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  6:57:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am wondering if there are any current problems. I just received an email offering shops at several of their locations. I have seen some similar ones being offered repeatedly (they are grocery shops for a health food grocery.) I did a shop back in October, and was paid two months later, but one I did in August was not paid until the end of January, which is twice as long as it should have been--at least that is what their web site states is how I was paid. When I got the first payment, I assumed it was for the first job I did. (I was a relatively new shopper, and did not realize I needed to keep track of whether or not I had been paid.)

I am not in a position to wait that long (4 months) for payment, or to have any payment issues, since I am now living on Social Security plus a few shops two or three days a week.

Any recent feedback on their payment history?
Go to Top of Page

Kathie50

Waunakee, WI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2005 :  8:06:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I,too, give this Company and Wendy a "two thumbs up". I have done many Shops for them, and everything went fine.
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  7:55:02 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an e-mail for the "internet benchmarking" project - I hesitate to give my personal access information out to someone, and wonder if this is worth the fee, or if this can be trusted.

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

.ChristinaHall
Inactive

Louisville, KY
USA
2126 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  5:04:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since I am not with this company I don't know what you are talking about. I did a google search under several different variations of the question you posted, but I was unable to find anything pertaining to it. (at least nothing I could nail down as pertaining to it at this time) I know it is out there, but, apparently I do not have enough info (or haven't played with what I do have long enough) to make the connections.

If there is any thing else you can mention without breaking any codes, I'd be happy (and interested myself) to look into it.

Good luck,

Christina

Christina Hall
silver certified zqst3x
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  7:41:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Any recent feedback on their payment history?
Sherry, I got a check from them last week. They went past the 45 days for payment like two months. I do believe they pay on time. When I called them about the payment, they answered quickly and efficiently.
Go to Top of Page

JunePrice

AK
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  8:11:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynnPerley

I received an e-mail for the "internet benchmarking" project - I hesitate to give my personal access information out to someone, and wonder if this is worth the fee, or if this can be trusted.
Did you persue this and, if so, what was the result? I just got an email from them in regards to apparantly the same project. And, like you, I'm way past wary of giving out my access info to anyone.

June
Go to Top of Page

PaulaBarron

San Antonio, TX
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  8:31:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello JPRICE,
I received the same email about the "Internet Benchmarking Project" this evening. Just like you, I don't feel comfortable giving out such personal information. I tried to search the Volition Forum but I couldn't find anything else. Maybe someone will come along and post their experience soon and let us know if the fee that's been offered is really worth it.

I did view the website on the company that will conduct the testing and they appear to be legit. I also googled the company and found a few blogs and articles about them. Again, the company seems to be legit and they are in the business of summarizes details of all your online accounts and presenting them in one easy format but it's the thought of given out my personal account information that continues to bother me.

Paula
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  06:57:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like Service Performance Group and have enjoyed the two assignments I performed for them. I would gladly work for them in the future.

I, too, received the e-mail message asking if I'd like to participate in the study requiring me to provide internet access information. I even wondered if this was a legitimate message from SPG since the reply e-mail address was from an AOL account. I was concerned about providing my personal information and discussed it with my hubby. He was dead set against it.

I'm happy to see others were concerned. Makes me feel like I made the right decision.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

CindyB1230
Trainee

West Warwick, RI
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  2:22:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received it and emailed the scheduler back asking how much personal info was needed. I will post if I hear anything back, and request that others do the same. Thanks.

Cindy B
Go to Top of Page

CindyB1230
Trainee

West Warwick, RI
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  09:04:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I heard back from the scheduler and the company that the shop is being conducted for. The only info they need is the last four of the social on the account (in my case it is the local electric co.) and the last few digits of the account number. The idea is to set up an online account for payment, with the company monitoring your account and making small payments to see how they are handled. I am (gulp) going to try it! I am very dilligent at monitoring all my accounts so I will keep a close eye on them. I remember how apprehesive I was when I first applied to MS companies on line giving out my ss # and address, etc. Have never had any problems so I think it will be ok. Will report back.

Cindy B
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  10:10:12 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are doing another "special" project and I am doing two of them, this will be the second time I worked for them and so far all communication has been great.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums