Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat (1) | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 What are your favorite merchandising companies? And Why?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

CJHild1
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  12:38:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello! I was just wondering what you favorite merchandising companies are and why?

Thanks!
Celeste

ADMIN NOTE:
If you know any good companies not listed on the Volition.com Companies List, please send their info to Ray or tell the company to contact him.

injeanious Pamela
Star Contributor

Marlton, New Jersey
USA
709 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  4:47:38 PM  Visit injeanious Pamela's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't worked for too many merchandising companies yet but so far I love Premium Retail and CRS Lawrence. Both schedulers respond immediately and seem to really appreciate reliable workers, assignments come by mail well in advance and checks come regularly like clock work. I also prefer being paid per job then per hour.

MSPA Gold certified
#rjw696. Shopping South Jersey and Philadelphia.
Go to Top of Page

JJinNWIN
Contributor

Wheatfield, IN
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  07:47:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorites are CRS Lawrence, Force One Corp and Reliable Recruiters. All three companies have super people to work for, pay promptly, and are easy reporting. What more could a merchandiser ask for?

Jean
Go to Top of Page

RosePast

South Carolina
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2003 :  10:19:01 AM  Send RosePast an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite companies are NIS and Certified Reports. I just love their assignments and they pay on time!!I was just given preferred status with Certified!!How you figure? No complaints here. Love RQA TOO...

Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

Christina Hoppel

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  12:58:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of my favorite companies are already listed, but I'll add a few more! I like CRS Lawrence, Retail Merchandising Services, Force One Corp, Mosaic Sales Solutions, Merchandise Support Inc, National In-Store, and Field Marketing Inc.

Christina
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

CA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  08:26:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My favorite is Gerson. I have been with them for almost 3 yrs. Work 5 local stores for them with a great flat rate.I service 5-6 lines and have occational resets. I work full time in the school system, so merchandising helps me make it on a once a month paycheck from school.

MSPA silver certified!
Breast cancer survivor
Go to Top of Page

NDLinda
Apprentice

Dickinson, ND
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  4:05:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My overall favorite is Force One Corporation! They are always pleasant and eager to help with any situation. I also enjoy doing some special projects for National In-Store and Acosta. I was lucky to find three great companies to get me started off on a positive note! My thanks to them all!!

Linda
ND Merchandiser/Shopper
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  12:44:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been doing merchandising for long, but I have done 2 one time projects for Best Service Company, and I like them a lot. My scheduler was very good, gave updates, responded quickly to my inquiries with a lot of good information, etc. I was even offered an ongoing position!!!

I just got my first check from them, right on schedule as promised. Overall, I would recommend Best to anyone starting out, or to those just looking to get involved in a different company.

Thanks for listening to my opinion!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

Carolina Shores, NC
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  04:06:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need to post a caution on Mosaic Retail. I am still getting
bankruptcy paperwork from the courts for them. They only owe me
a little bit so I did not bother with the paperwork involved
with getting paid (maybe). I recommend Acosta and Crossmark,
they are wonderful to work with and have been keeping me busy.
Both pay on time. I also recommend Forceone, if you can get in.
They are the best to work for. No paperwork involved, pay is
good and on time! If you have a problem they are there to help
you immediately.

Blanche-Ct.
Go to Top of Page

MelWilder

Louisville, KY
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  07:39:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please remember that Mosaic Infoforce is not in bankruptcy and they are great to work for

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CathyPlumb
Contributor

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  08:51:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Correct, Mel! I work for the Infoforce division and they are one of the best companies I have ever worked for!

I would also like to add that I did work for the Mosaic Sales Solutions (formerly TMG) on the X-box project, right smack in the middle of this "reorganiztion". I received my pay right on time and for the exact amount promised. So I personally would not hesitate to work for the Sales Solutions side again. And I would not worry unless I started to see alot of complaints about non-payment from the "oldies" here at Volition. I haven't seen any, have you?

Cathy Plumb

Cathy Plumb
Go to Top of Page

Christina Hoppel

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  1:11:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mosaic (Irving, TX) is an excellent company to work for. I have worked for them regualrly for 4 years and have never had a problem getting paid. As far as the bankruptcy thing goes, it's been business as usual. They haven't been late or short on a payment throughout this ordeal. They compensate well, and are one of the few companies that still pay you for all of your time (training, drive time, mileage, administration etc...) I'm still taking on new projects with them and have no doubt they will continue to be one of my favorite companies!

Christina
Go to Top of Page

Ellie

Welch, WV
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  6:47:56 PM  Send Ellie an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Merchandising Corporation of America rules! I have worked for them for several months and love the work. I have the most wonderful scheduler in the world, Tracey. She is there when I have a question or problem. If not, I leave a message and within minutes, she calls back. The pay is excellent and on time, unless the computers go down, lol. Which did happen recently. But, as usual, Tracey straightened it out. The company cares about the people who work for them. I am glad to be a part of their employees.

Ellie MSPA Silver Certified #8cruhb NARMS Certified Merchandiser and all- around good person. Proudly shopping Southwestern West Virginia and Northwestern Virginia!!
Go to Top of Page

JudieJo

Eatonton, GA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  1:11:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Entertainment Resourses (ERI) absolutely the best company to work for. Wonderful District Manager and Corporate Personnel. Pay is direct deposit and always there when it should be. Wonderful, awesome company.

Judie
Go to Top of Page

RickB

Chico, CA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  11:28:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would have to say Acosta, NIS, Star Merchandising, and Premium Retails Services. I have worked for a quite a few different merchandising companies and have very few complaints. But would like to work for all four of these all the time.

Rick
Northern California
Merchandiser
Go to Top of Page

ScottNY
Star Contributor

NY
USA
686 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  8:11:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm looking to get into merchandising and I'm trying to figure out which companies to apply to. Any recent additions (or subtractions!) for 2005?

MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

CJWuensche

Wichita, Kansas
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  8:58:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Two of the easiest ones Ive found when your just getting into it in my opinon has been Certified and SPAR. I have had great results with both so far and the reps have been nice and the pay is good.

Crystal
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  10:03:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Premium Retail Services, without a doubt.

I've found that with merchandising companies, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince. I'll never work as an employee for a merch company...you might as well sign your life away. As an IC for Premium, I could smile and say, "No, thank you" when they wanted to send me to do a store 90 miles away (no mileage).

Some of the retail companies who hire merchandisers are just as bad. There was one (you'd recognize the brand) who called me on a Friday and told me to be in a city two hours away Monday morning for an all-day meeting. No compensation, no mileage. Unbelievable.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in Indiana
Star Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  1:07:00 PM  Send Cindy in Indiana an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
National In-Store is a good company to work for.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified #hp4ksf

Happily shopping Northern Indiana and Southwestern Michigan since 2000.
Go to Top of Page

Kyna

Titusville, FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  2:13:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great question!
Now, how about some URL's for those favorite companies?
I am just now getting back in to the part time part of the merchandising field. So, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kyna
Positive thinking brings positive results!
Go to Top of Page

ScottNY
Star Contributor

NY
USA
686 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  1:12:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kyna, these companies (and more) are listed at the Volition Merchandising and Demo Companies list.

http://www.volition.com/merchandise.html

MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums