Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Kymmer

Savage, MN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  1:59:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are they any other Minnesota shoppers out there that might want to network?

Nancy-Minnesota

MN
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  8:07:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Kymmer- I am a Minnesota mystery shopper and would love to get to know you.
Nancy-Minnesota
Go to Top of Page

.Nicole
Inactive

Burnsville, MN
USA
144 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2004 :  8:47:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is so weird. I am about to be relocating to Minnosota. I will be relocating next month to the Bloomington area. I would love to know other shoppers in the area. I am moving away from all family and friends and I would love to have someone to chat with. Here there are a few of us that talk all the time. If anyone is out there that would like to be my friend when I get to town I would appreciate it!

Shopping Minnesota
Gold Certified lmfgsr
Go to Top of Page

Jessica Hanson

MN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  04:37:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello there!

It is nice to hear from another MN shopper! I live about 4 hours away from you (on the Iron Range). Feel free to reply back or send an e-mail.
Go to Top of Page

Kymmer

Savage, MN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  05:59:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You guys are all so friendly. Makes me wonder why I've lurked so long. I'm in Savage (Nicole, that's less than 10 miles south of Bloomington) Jessica, I have a friend up in Chisolm (Northwest Employee) Hi Nancy and Sandy too. It would be a blast to get to know all of you.
-kim
Go to Top of Page

Mariellen53
Valued Contributor

Le Sueur, MN
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  3:26:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kymmer, I'm about an hour south of Bloomington, in the Mankato area. I was wondering where all the MN shoppers were Kinda figured most of y'all were up in the cities, seems that's where most of the shops are. Good to see you here.

Silver Certified #moxkg0
Go to Top of Page

Nancy-Minnesota

MN
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  12:12:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
2! Nice to see fellow Minnesota shoppers. I am in Central Minnesota by St. Cloud and travel ALL of MInnesota- from Mankato- Savage-Bloomington to the Iron Range and everywhere in between.
Go to Top of Page

PennyKandy

Coon Rapids, MN
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  2:14:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, I live in Coon Rapids, a northern suburb (about 20 minutes north of Bloomington) I am surprised to see that most of the replies have been from outstate, rather than in the cities. I assumed from the competition I have that there would be lots more in the cities.
Go to Top of Page

ABryn

Minneapolis, MN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  3:29:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello All! Well, so far it looks like I'm the only MALE shopper in the area (where are you other male shoppers?). I just want to introduce myself: I live in St. Anthony, which is on the other side of town from all of you others who've conversed here so far (except for Penny in Coon Rapids). Although I will shop the entire Greater Twin City area, I tend to concentrate on Minneapolis and its northeastern suburbs (sorry, Penny) and St. Paul and its northwestern suburbs. (And I'll go ANYWHERE if the $$$ make sense!)

I've been shopping for 2 years now, having retired at age 59 and with the time and energy to shop full time. I am basically a lurker on this forum but I will say my piece when I just can't hold back anymore. Just to brag a little, I believe I am one of just a few Gold Certified shoppers in Minnesota at this time (#a2695e), having driven all the way to Chicago last year for the gold certification workshop conducted on 7/19/2003. I'm sure there will be many more of us "golds" when a workshop is offered closer to the Twin Cities. If any of you are at all hesistant about the "worthwhileness" of becoming gold certified, I urge you to reconsider and do whatever you can to become certified. You will not regret it.

Wow! I've said more words in this post to all of you than I have said to my wife in all of last year! (Just kidding--after 38 years of marriage, my wife continues to be the most wonderful person in my life. I could not get along without her, and that includes my shopping assignments).

Greetings to all of you native Minnesota shoppers; welcome to those of you who have moved or will be moving to our state.

Andy Bryn
Go to Top of Page

Cyndy Riegle
Apprentice

Prior Lake, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  4:28:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kymmer, I've been shopping since 11/02 and would be happy to find others that I could get together with and talk. I live right in Prior Lake, just 4 miles south of you. I'm silver certified (jnv6fo), and am interested in becoming gold. I'm watching for a workshop in Minneapolis, hopefully this summer. And Andy, I know another two guys that do this shopping stuff, one of them lives with me. We have much more fun that way.
Go to Top of Page

Kate

Minneapolis, MN
USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  6:59:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I think I've already met a couple of you. And Andy, both Penny and I are Gold Certified-went down to St. Louis together last September. I'm in Burnsville-Apple Valley. We found out at St. Louis that there's at least one more Gold shopper somewhere in Inver Grove Heights. Good to know there's a fellow around, as I've received calls wondering if I had an 'eligible' male to do a shop. Be glad to hand over referrals to you.

There's a whole group of us that correspond together, some of us having met in January at a training session. If you'd like to be included in the loop, please feel free to email me and I'll get your names on our list. We make referrals to one another, sometimes do restaurant shops together, recommend each other for jobs if we can't or don't want to take. Part of the group meets for coffee or lunches once in a while, although I haven't yet been able to do so. It's a friendly group.

Rather than feeling competitive, it seems to work well for referrals since people don't like same kinds of shops, have schedule conflicts, no mate/friend for a dinner shop, etc.

Kate
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily Shopping Mpls-StP
Go to Top of Page

.Nicole
Inactive

Burnsville, MN
USA
144 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  7:12:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone again! This is so weird, everything is falling into place. Again, I am relocating to Minnisota next month and I must know some of you already because I was at the Gold conference in St Louis. Please email me because I am interested in finding a network of people in MY NEW HOME!

Shopping Minnesota
Gold Certified lmfgsr
Go to Top of Page

Kymmer

Savage, MN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  06:09:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can't believe how close most of us are. Hope we all get a Gold certification in the "cities" this year. I told MSPA is they wanted suggestions, I vote for Minneapolis!
-kim
Go to Top of Page

RoseChris
Apprentice

Woodbury, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  07:52:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

This is my first post, though I have been shopping and lurking since July 2003. I am located in Woodbury and shop Oakdale, Maplewood, Cottage Grove, Stillwater, Hastings and sometimes even wander over to Hudson. I am so happy to meet some fellow Minnesotans! I'm looking forward to chatting with others who understand how fun and addicting this business really is.

And as for going for the Gold... I saw somewhere on this board that Gold is coming to Minneapolis on August 14th. I wrote it down at the time but since then I have done multiple searches and have been unable to track down where I found this information. The MSPA board has locations posted only through July 31, so I am (not so patiently) waiting for them to post the locations for August.

Have a good day all!
Go to Top of Page

Kymmer

Savage, MN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  2:17:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guess we'll have to just keep hoping. I'd love to go to Orlando but...
Go to Top of Page

Mariellen53
Valued Contributor

Le Sueur, MN
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  3:00:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WooHoo, I hope they do Minneapolis for the Gold!! That's one I can drive to and from with no problem. Guess I'll have to start saving big time so I can pay for it. Will be nice to meet some of the shoppers whose posts I've read, and meet schedulers too. I can hardly wait.

Silver Certified #moxkg0
Go to Top of Page

ABryn

Minneapolis, MN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  11:19:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HEY! I just registered for the July National Conference in Orlando. Anyone else going?
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaJ
Apprentice

Faribault, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  8:42:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi
It's nice to see other shoppers from MN. I am relatively new at this and am pleased to see all of the support offered on this board. I live in Faribault (south of the cities on 35) and shop throughout SE MN. Nice to meet you all!
Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Apprentice

Richfield, MN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2004 :  10:59:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all you Minnesota shoppers!

I just found this subject and decided to come out of the closet; as a Mystery Shopper that is. My name is Jay Bowlby, am 43 years old, live in Richfield which is ten minutes from downtown Minneapolis. I have been a Mystery Shopper since 4/04 and have enjoyed the many challenges that it presents at times. I have travelled all over the state, including Wisconsin and Iowa: If the money is right, I will go anywhere. I would be very interested in hearing from any in Minnesota who are willing to share information, experience, stories, or just to swap war wounds.

Sincerely,

Jay Bowlby
twobowlbys@aol.com

Sincerely,
Jay Bowlby
Go to Top of Page

Mike Austin
Apprentice

Dodge Center, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  12:29:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wake up Minnesota, winter's over! From the looks of the dates on this forum there have not been any recent posts. I am a relatively new shopper located near Rochester. I am interested in networking with other shoppers so we can see how we can help each other out. I just hope someone out there sees this and responds. Hope to hear from all of you soon!

Mike in Dodge Center

Mike
Go to Top of Page

DebbieZ
Apprentice

MN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  4:07:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone. I'm also a shopper in the Twin Cities. I've also noticed that there haven't been many new postings to this thread. Is anyone out there???!!

Debbie - shopping Dakota Co.

Debbie - shopping MN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums