MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  10:09:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have seen them but cannot remember off hand which Company it is. I will try to check my Companies I don't shop much and try to find out.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  03:22:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Boy do I feel like a dummy! I had NO idea that there was a MN thread going on here!! Much to my surprise I see all my MN Shopping Group friends! I'm delighted.
Well I was thinking about another meeting for July. I've noticed that weekends seem to work better for everyone, so I'm thinking about a Sunday afternoon again. I just need to find a place. We did the midway last time, Edina before that, maybe should try the north metro this time?
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  10:00:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, glad to see you found us. I was wondering the other day why you had not joined us. Welcome. I do not have any Sundays off this month. I have over 200 shops scheduled this month and most of them are for the weekends. If I do them on the weekend I can start early in the morning but the weekdays I cannot start until 4:00. I can do so many more in a day if I get going early.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  04:10:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks!! I still feel silly for not knowing you all were here! Anyhow - I'm thinking of asking the others in our group to join us here. That way we all can communicate without me having to send out emails to everyone - which I do not mind doing at all - I just hate to fill up everyone's in box!
Maybe a Saturday mid morning would work for everyone? I work almost every weekend as well and yes, I too can get more stuff done if I can get out of the house early, and of course if I'm alone.

Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  05:39:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls
Welcome Lisa!! I love reading this and feeling like I know everyone!
I think it would be a great idea to invite others to this board..its always nice to share and learn! If you do send out emails please include me. As for getting together, I think summer is just busier for most people but I would try to make a meeting if I was free.

Julie..hope your pregnancy is going well. Sounds like my other two buddies (Darlene and Servanne) have been or will be busy traveling. I was busy when my sister was here from San Diego for 3 weeks but now things are quieter. I still watch the kids two days and love it...Baylor is 4 months and 22#!!
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  08:07:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawDianne
Baylor is 4 months and 22#!!

Man, my kids are tiny... Adele is 24 months and 25 pounds...! And Zoe is 6 yrs-old and just passed the 40 pounds mark! We just went to the doctor for their annual check-up! They are doing great though, growing just fine and no issues at all, so we're happy parents!

LISA! Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...It's not like I've told you about this thread a million times.... It'll be fun to have you around here though. You always have the best stories! I'm for a meeting and like the others will be glad to try and make it on a week-end, but can't promise anything. And of course, the girls will have to come with me, so if anybody is allergic to kids, you got to let me know now!

I have been BUSY! Went to dinner last night, dropped $220...Thank goodness that was a shop! Only $20 came out of our pockets. Man, that was good food...I don't think I need to eat at all today, my stomach still hurts!
I've been running left and right and doing tons of shops.

Well, crazy me is planning yet another road trip. The first one went so well, we decided we should shoot for another one before summer is over and Zoe goes back to school. We're thinking about going South this time. I've never been directly south of MN( well, besides northern IA!). Which is weird because I've been West, East and North. Go figure!
Zoe actually begged us last night to please go on another road trip! Kid is as messed up as her parents! She does not know yet we're trying to go again. It should be awesome if it happens!

Well, that report is not going to write itself, so I have to run.

Lisa, it is soooo nice to see you here! Darlene, roads around here are messed up. Now Hwy 12 is down to one lane from Mpls to Delano. And a lot of the side roads we take to bypass Hwy 7 are undergoing construction as well...Argh! Dianne, it looks like the grandkids are growing well and enjoying the good life with Grandma, just like they should! Julie, I know you told us before, but when are you due? And where is Amanda? Are you still shopping the northern suburbs? I'll be going your way next week! SarahAnn, maybe we'll meet at the next meeting!

OK Girls, have a good one!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:18:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a shop scheduled in Delano and had to skip it. The shop was right where the bridge was out. I drove around in every direction and could not find a way to get there. I wasted about 30 minutes looking for a road. Isn't summer fun with all the road construction? My Scheduler was really nice about it.
To get to Wisnsted I have been taking 2 out of Silver Lake and then another road (don't remember the #) to Winsted. Then from Watertown I can take 25 down to Waconia. That is the only place I can cross 7. Is has been working OK so far. I just had to learn what is open and what is not. I did not know about 12 so thanks. I usually don't go eat of Delano on 12 but do go west and pick up shops between Delano and Litchfield.
Lisa, Next month I will be gone and also part of September. That is why I am pushing it so hard this month. My mother is moving to Seattle. Aug. 18th I plan to go down and help her get rid of all her furniture and pack. If it all goes according to plan I will be driving her car to Seattle. That way she can fly and not have to make the long road trip.
Dianne, Nice to hear from you. It has been awhile.
Servanne, will you be getting as far south as Branson? That should be a fun trip. That is very close to where I will be in Aug. I will have to get your my cell number and we could maybe hook up. There is a lot to do in that area. The one place you would have to go is Lamberts Cafe. Your kids as well as the adults would LOVE it.
I was wondering also what happened to Amanda. She is maybe just having a busy summer.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  8:07:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will defer to the rest of you as to the best time for a meeting. While the drive isn't as far for me as it is for Darlene, it still is a drive. I'm glad I can stay connected through the forum. I also do much less shopping than the rest of you - I'm hoping as the kids get older I can pick up more. Thanks for asking about the pregnancy. I have a dr. appointment tomorrow, but so far everything is going well. I've been a little more tired again, I guess my body's reminding me that I am in my third trimester now. I'm due Sept. 27, so will probably take the last part of Sept. and at least all of October "off." I'm getting anxious to work on bedrooms - we have to convert 1 guest room to a nursery, and move my youngest son from crib to bed, and we're planning on getting bunk beds for the boys so they have more room in their room. Darlene - I hope things go well with moving your mom. Everyone, take care and have a good weekend.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  04:28:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Honestly Servanne - I had NO idea this thread was here!!! Julie, hope you are feeling better. I was sick with both my kids the entire time. I would take plastic bags with me while on shops. And then all the tripping I did. I mean I'm not the most graceful person anyways, but I'd trip and fall all the time. Rolled halfway down a hill during a new house shop.

Yesterday did a shop in Lakeville and in the middle of it everyone had to go down to the basement. Had coffee, cookies and just hung out with the staff. They handled it well. So that will be interesting to write up.

Once I was doing a fitness center and the lights went out and the guy doing the tour sort of grabbed me. I think the dark scared him.

Servanne, I was just going to ask you, what stories, but I guess I do tell a lot of them!

Okay - a meeting - let's just plan it for the last week in July - like the 26th! Does that work for everyone or someone?

Julie, don't try to do too much shopping with the kids. It might drive you crazy. I mean look at me!!!!! I was really pretty sane until the kids came along.

Speaking of which, they are waking up - gotta go.
Lisa :)

Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  10:03:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, so far it looks like the 26th might work. But who knows, it's almost two weeks out!!!
Still busy here, still shopping like crazy and still loving it.
We are planning a second route, going toward KS, CO, OK, NM, TX and IA this time. About 120 shops. We'll see how it works out.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  4:45:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would love to meet the 26th. It would have to be a breakfast date for me because I am going to a wedding that day. Could we meet at 9 or 10 am? Would the Roseville Perkins be considered the north metro?

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  08:17:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Breakfast would be quite hard for me. Unless you guys want to come over to Silver Lake!!! I'll have to play it by ear if you want to do breakfast. I have no issues with lunch or dinner.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  04:12:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay - sorry for the delay everyone. But I'm going to still plan for the 26th and see who all can make it. I'll send out an email to everyone today, with a time and place (which I haven't figured out yet - I should just get a Twin Cities map, put it on the wall and throw a dart and just go where that may be).
But I will update this thread AND send out an email today!!!
Can't wait to see everyone.
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  7:32:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not get an e-mail but I do know the 26th I will not be able to make it. I have a long IA run. I have to go to Mason City and Charles City plus a lot of other towns in between. One of these days I sure hope it will work. I am really anxious to meet all of you in person.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  04:11:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didm't get an e-mail either, but I think I could actually make a lunch after all. The wedding doesn't start until 2. Yippee!!!! I look forward to hopefully meeting you guys.

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  08:02:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone - you didn't get an email because sadly to say I didn't get time to write it up. I do apologize. When I started this group I didn't have kids and let me tell you life was a lot different. Now I am thinking about next Saturday - the 3rd and I promise that I will get an email out this weekend!!
By the way if anyone would be interested in helping me out - with the email list and planning our events - PLEASE, please let me know. I could really use the help with the organizing!!!
So let me know and again I am SO sorry if anyone had plans that I messed up.
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  08:12:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone

I too would love to meet everyone but next weekend does not work for me. My grandson is being baptised and there is out of town company coming for the weekend.
The summer seems to be extra busy for everyone. Have a great weekend everybody!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  1:39:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Right now, the 3rd is looking good for me (although we're anticipating another funeral so by next week it could be different). But it would be fun to meet everyone!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  2:16:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The third might work, but it is PolaCzesky days around here that week-end. It's our local rock'n'roll festival, with lots of fun stuff. If you want to come out, e-mail me, I'll gladly give you details and directions!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums