Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  2:31:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If we could meet somewhere up west of the cities the 3rd may just work for me. That is the day I will be heading up towards Alexandria and St. Cloud. I will also be in Waconia and Norwood. I could maybe try to time my schedule so I would be able to meet at noon. Let me know how it goes. Darlene

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  07:34:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be out of town at the Wisconsin Dells on the 3rd.

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  08:56:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lucky you! Have fun!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  1:17:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Back by popular demand - another MN Mystery Shoppers, Merchandisers and Odd Jobs Meeting!!!!
Please join us as we make our way around the twin cities visiting the many Perkins Restaurants - this time our meeting will be held at
The Hopkins Perkins
Which just to confuse you is located in Minnetonka!
The address is
11300 Highway 7
Minnetonka MN 55305
952-933-5220
Let's meet on Saturday August 2nd at 2 pm!! Please feel free to come a little later if you can't make it right at 2 pm.

If you haven't attended a meeting before - we are a friendly group and while most of us have met as mystery shoppers everyone is certainly welcome - you don't have to be a current shopper, merchandiser or odd job worker - and when it comes right down to it you don't even have to live in MN - WI is welcome too!

Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  6:38:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lisa, for arranging this and sending it out. Unfortunately I won't make it this time. My parents are coming on Saturday and then we're headed back with them to Wisconsin for a few days. Sarah, have a good time in the Dells. I hope everyone else can make it!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  05:15:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I invited our WI neighbors to the meeting by posting Lisa's invite word for word over there. Maybe some will join us? That'd be fun, wouldn't it?

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  05:53:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats great Servanne! We have a couple of WI people, but we can alway use some more.
I am so sad for those of you that can't make it, but never fear we'll have more!!
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  8:53:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I am trying to arrange my schedule so that I can get there. I have 24 shops to do Sat.and 21 are before I get to that location. I am not sure what time I will arrive. The last 8 are right on Lake Street coming that direction. Sure am looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang. If somehow I see it is going to be late doing the Lake St. ones first I may be able to fit them in after we meet. If you want to send me an e-mail with your cell number I will let you know the status of my shops as I get close.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  9:02:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No problem. We usually end up talking for a few hours. But I so look forward to seeing all of you - and Servanne, is there any way you could call me your *mon chou*? Just for the fun of it.
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  9:15:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, you must have been on here at the same time I was. I did not expect an answer back so soon. Servanne, Are you going to be able to be there. That would be great. I am really looking forward to meeting eveyone.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  9:43:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you guys can deal with my little monsters for a couple of hours, I am planning on going! I'll bring coloring books, toys, etc, but may have to leave early regardless. You know how it goes...
I'll see you there mes choux! (That's plural for mon chou!)

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2008 :  10:19:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did DayCare for over 25 years so there is not too much I can't handle with kids. Also had 22 Foster Kids in and out of our home. I am very much at home with kids. We must all be up late. Just finished my last reports that had to be in by midnight. Decided it was time to check in on the Forums. Was very busy this month but m not doing much next month. Just have 68 shops lined up for next week. I am then taking the rest of the month off.
I have to teach a kids craft class at the County Fair from the 13th to the 17th. Then I am leaving for Springfield, MO to help my Mom pack up and get ready to move. I will be bringing her home with me for a couple of days and then she will fly out of Mpls. on the 1st of Sept. My Sister-in-Law is coming from Seattle to fly with her.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  10:31:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
See you all tomorrow!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  05:13:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am very excited and of course Servanne, bring the kids. Sorry, I can't bring mine - I have to much to do before and after to drag them around.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  4:16:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get there about 3:20 but did not find you. I asked the hostess and she did not know. I saw two ladies go out the door and followed them out to the parking lot and asked them if they were Lisa and Servanne. They looked at me like I was some kind of a idiot. I told them I was meeting someone there and did not know what they looked like. I am so sorry I missed you guys.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  4:20:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know what bothers me about that is I told the hostess that I was meeting some people and that my name was Lisa. That's why I sat near the front. But the service was pretty bad, so that doesn't surprise me.
Sorry for that happening. Next time we'll try to meet closer to you, so you don't have such a long drive!!! I'm really bummed out.
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  4:36:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really did not go out of my way so that part was fine. My last stop was only 3 miles from there on West Lake St. My next one was in Jordan so I would have gone right past there anyway. It was really the perfect location. The hostess just stood there when I asked her and walked around in circles. I did have Servannes cell number and tried to call that a couple of times but did not get an answer. The hostess even asked me if I wanted to use their phone. I should have told her yes that I wanted to call her and ask if you were there.
I forgot until I was almost home that I did have the telephone number for Perkins and could have called and had them page you. Why do I always think of something like that when it is too late.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  12:31:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope the meeting was beneficial for those of you who could make it. I'm at my parents in Milwaukee right now and just catching up while my oldest has some "quiet time" and the youngest takes a nap. Another thunderstorm is coming through right now - I'm hoping tomorrow is better as the kids and I are spending the day at the WI State Fair. I didn't get any shops set up in WI, but that's OK too. August is looking pretty slim right now, but I thought that at the beginning of July and it ended up being a pretty good month. Have a good week!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  12:09:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am so bummed we missed you Darlene. The worst part is that we did not leave until past 4 pm. So you must have been there when we were. The service was really bad.
We were near the door, and I was wearing a dress with blue, red and black dots and my husband was there with the girls too. I bet you saw us and thought there was no way it was us.
I got your messages when I got home. You actually called my home phone.
When we were paying, which, oh boy, was something else , the girl asked us "Are you mystery shoppers?" and we said yes, so she asked what we did and I told her we were just there to judge them personally and give them bad grades so they'd get fired. She looked at me with a bit of incredulity in her eyes and gave a nervous chuckle...With the kind of service we had, she would have had a nice long talk with her manager had we been on a shop!
It was just Lisa and I there, but we had a great time. The girls were getting a bit impatient, so we had to leave after about two hours. I could have stayed there and talked to Lisa for four more hours, honestly! Lisa, you really do have the best stories! I am really glad I was able to make it.
I sure hope more and more of us can make it next time so we'll have even more laughs and funny shop stories to share.

Kudos to Lisa for organizing and taking care of the shopping group. You're awesome!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  8:55:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well how is everyone? I've been super busy. A lot of stuff going on right now. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.
I have shops to write, but I'm falling asleep at the computer so might have to do them tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums