Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  04:53:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for the next meeting. I'll see if I can bring my mom this time. I went on Saturday, but the hostess didn't know what I was looking for, so I stood in the entry like a fool and left after a few minutes :(

There's a lot going on in my life so I haven't been able to do much of what I want, let alone the things I NEED to do. I'm getting married in November, this time with a "traditional" ceremony. My mom's going crazy trying to get things organized, she's an angel. My future hubby has a few job offers in Dallas, we'll see what comes out of those.

Wouldn't it be heaven if things at the fair get shopped? They might, but I haven't seen anything...yet. Is anybody going to the fair this year? One day away!!

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  05:44:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wait! You were also there on Saturday the 2nd? Wow - now I'm really mad because I not only told the people working there that I was there, what my name was and how I'd be meeting people that I didn't know or know me, but I had a sign too!!!

Okay, next time I'll do balloons!!

We are going to the fair on the 24th. My husband works for Frito Lay and we are doing a company thing, which should be fun.

I tried to find out if they were shopping out there too. I'm honestly not a big fair person, but I use to work for the Star Trib out there - years ago and that was a lot of fun.

Amanada, I'm so bummed out that you didn't find us.
Go to Top of Page

RonD
Contributor

Maple Grove, MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  11:42:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the invite to the forum and to participate. I look forward to the dialog with the group. Let me know when/where if we all meet together again.
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  07:05:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi to all my Mn. friends

I guess we have all been busy with summer as the postings have been few....where did the summer go???
I am still watching my two gorgeous grandkids 2 days a week and loving every minute
I shop 1-2 days and still love that too! In between we have had company this summer and recently got back from Vegas. We are going to portland,Or. to see our oldest daughter and her husband the end of Sept. This past week I had the "root canal from hell" but I finally feel better.
I am sorry I missed the meeting and it was even close to me! Maybe the next one will work out. Lisa, thanks for organizing it.
Welcome to the forum, Ron! Servanne and Darlene are you guys "slowing down " or still on your crazy schedules!!
Everone have a great first week of Sept!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  07:56:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys!

Indeed, the summer has been BUSY!!!

I took the entire family on two MS road trips. The first one was 5600 miles, the second one 7800 miles. We went to SD, NE, WY, MT in June and IA, KS, CO, NM, OK, TX and MO in August. Just got back last Tuesday. It was a blast. We got to spend a lot of family time together and we made it so that we had lots of fun stops on the way for the kids, such as Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower, a dinosaur museum, the UFO museum in Roswell, Route 66, caves, canyons, parks, swimming pools almost every day, camping and many more things I can't think of right now. We saw some of the mos beautiful scenery our country has to offer. We went through some incredible storms, too.

Anyways, today we're going to the State Fair and tomorrow is Back to School. We met Zoe's teacher last week and I am very happy. She seems really good and obviously adores children! It's gonna be a great year!

And to answer your question Dianne, I am hoping to be slowing down at least in September, but it doesn't look good so far...I have already a lot of jobs lined up, but they are flexible with the days and I have all month to do them. Plus they're some of my favorites, so it should be OK!

I hope everyone is enjoying the end of the summer and I'm sure we'll talk more once the cold weather settles in!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  8:58:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Summer did just fly by! My MS schedule has slowed down a lot - I'm hoping to schedule a few things for the next couple weeks, and then will be "off" for a while. 4 weeks to go until baby, so my focus has been on getting everything ready. Have a good week!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  9:13:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, good luck to you with the baby!!! Both my kids were 3.5 weeks early (my son was actually due on my daughter's birthday, but came early), so it could happen any day for you! Hope your labor goes well - I was lucky with that too - about 45 minutes with my daughter and less time with my son. Great, easy labors - horrible pregnancies. Bedrest the entire time.

Yes, the summer has been crazy and I'm sad that it seems almost over - however wasn't it 90'F today?

I've been working like crazy lately - too much in fact. But once the snow and the ice get here I'll be taking some more time off.

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm thinking about another meeting in a couple weeks and will keep you all posted.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  08:26:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I am finally home and trying to catch up. I was down in Missouri helping my Mother get everything sold and packed up to move. We had a bunch of stuff we were going to send in the mail but after sending 3 boxes which cost almost $197.00 decided anything that would not go in her car and suitcases would be given away. The day we left we donated a lot of boxes to the Auxiliary where she lived for their weekly garage sales. I am not really doing a heavy schedule this month. We are hoping to get our house sided and new windows if the carpenter can come. We also had someone come to measure the roof and give us an estimate on that and while measuring the roof fell through the ceiling. The ceiling and insulation where he fell through was laying on top of my desk when I got home. He did come and cover the hole in the roof so the squirrels and rain would not get in until he got back. What a great home coming. We decided that will probably be our first priority now. I have all the siding and windows ready whenever he can come and do that also.
Lisa, let me know when you are having the next meeting. I may need a break about that time.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  09:04:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, any news yet? I think it must be getting close. Everyone must still be really busy. I am slower now towards the end of the month.
We use to be one of the most active groups on here but it has sure slowed down this summer. Must mean everyone is still busy.
Lisa, Anymore meetings planned?
Servanne, All the long trips done now? I don't think I would be able to do that and still get all my reports done on time. Wow, what a schedule.
Dianne, How are those grandkids doing?

Amanda How are the wedding plans coming? Not too much longer now. Are we all invited. Ha!Ha!

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  9:12:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for asking Darlene. No baby yet. Tomorrow is my due date and I have C-section scheduled for Monday morning. Tomorrow my MIL is coming to help with the boys while I am in the hospital, and my parents will come next weekend to help out too. Only did 1 job in September and don't plan on doing anything until probably November. Darlene, is your mother all settled into her new place? Hope everyone else is doing well. I'll try to remember to post baby news after I get home.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  5:24:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Just wanted to update you that our little girl arrived safely on Sep. 29. She was 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19 in. long. She is now one week old and doing very well. She seems to think the middle of the night is a good time to have a 3-4 hour fussy period, but we're hoping she'll get that worked out soon. Hope all of you are doing well - guessing everyone is very busy.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  5:55:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congratulations. This is the news we have been waiting to hear. I am so glad she is healthy. Did you have two boys before? I was trying to remember what you had said.
How is everyone else doing. Are your schedules slowing down now?

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  03:48:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, I'm so happy to hear that she's healthy and happy! Yes, both my kids felt that 1 am was a great time to get up. Still sometimes feel that way. My daughter woke up at 12:30 am a few nights ago and woke me up to say she was done with the night and wanted to get up. Maybe when they are teenagers we'll get some sleep.

So, what did you name her?
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  05:18:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Julie! Glad to hear eerything is OK. Are you boys happy and proud? Zoe was just so happy when her sister was born! How old are your older children? Zoe is about four years older than Adele, and the age difference worked out great for our family. Well, I have to get her ready for school! Have a good one. Don't forget to sleep when she naps! (I know, easier said than done, but household chores can wait!)

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  07:50:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, it has been almost a month since anyone has been on here. Is everyone that busy? I know I have been busy but not just with shops. We are getting our house resided and all new doors and windows so any spare time I have has been working with that.

How is that baby doing Julie?
Servanne is highway 7 open yet by you? I have a couple shops I have not done for awhile just because of the detour. Does anyone know if Delano is still all under construction?

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  08:00:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hwy 7 is still closed and Delano is still under construction, with 12 blocked throughout.
I have been doing your shop in Winsted!
It's been busy around here, with shops and other "life events". Nothing too bad, but enough to keep us busy!!
A couple companies just cancelled two big routes on me. I wonder if the economy is finally ctaching up with our industry.

I wish everyone well, I have to run though. I've got a few shops to do yet this morning! (they did nto all get cancelled!!!)

Have a good day everybody!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  09:10:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been doing the Winsted and Watertwon simply because of the construction. It was adding over an hour on my day and did not feel it was worth it. I now go right from Hutchinson to Glencoe and save a lot of time. Delano was is so hard to get to with 12 down so will just wait on that one also.
Dianne, how are you doing? Have not heard anything from you for a long time either.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  06:38:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals
Boy, Nov. already! In answer to your question about the economy Servanne, I have had things cancelled also. When i think back on the year I can think of 4 or 5 different clients that I used to shop that arent shopped now.
I pretty much still just go out 1 or 2 days a week. Baylor is 9 months now and so much fun (except for yesterday as mom is not producing enough milk so she is trying to supplement with some formula..Baylor said no way no how!)
I am going to visit my family in San Diego 12/2 for 10 days. My mom is turning 87. Then we are going on a 10 day Caribbean cruise in Jan. I will not be doing much shopping in Dec. and Jan.
I went to Delano a few weeks back and promised myself never again until the construction is done.
Hope your baby is fine Julie..they grow so fast! Hope everyone else is well and stay warm!! Thaks for thinking of me Darlene!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  04:47:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, congratulations on the baby! I bet she's getting big, it's amazing how fast they grow up.

Economy is really bad...One of my favorite companies canceled four restaurant shops on me. There went the Friday dinners, LOL. My hubby got laid of more than a month ago and can't find work. His old boss can't find a job either, and he's at the top of the chain.

I am getting married on Saturday, I mean having the ceremony I couldn't have before but can afford now. Then I'm taking a week off work to see some friends in the Boston area. This road trip should be interesting to say the least. I tried to take a few shops along the way, but they seem non-extant. I normally don't shop during the holiday season, but it seems like shops are dwindling down for the season, or am I wrong?

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  12:32:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the congratulations! The baby is doing well - she's 7 weeks old and sleeps 5-6 hours a night. Big brothers are very proud of her and doing OK too. I did a few shops this month, but I'm not sure when I'll get into it again. With three kids under 5, it's been a little difficult and I haven't had the courage to take all of them too many places by myself (haven't even attempted taking them grocery shopping yet). I know many of you can relate! Amanda - hope Saturday is a great day for you and goes well, and enjoy your trip to Boston.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums