Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  7:15:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? We are doing what we do every year. Thanksgiving we always take any of our Foster kids that are around out for a buffet at noon. I think there will be about 12-15 of us tomorrow. Should be a fun day. My Mother-in-law goes along (She is 97 years old) and she loves seeing all of the foster grandkids and they are always so excited to see her.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  7:45:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, that sounds wonderful!
We are going to Ted's parents. But I do some of the cooking as my Mother in Law does not like green bean casseroles and I love them! So I make my own! LOL! It's always a fun time at their place. There should be about 10 of us, maybe 12. We'll sit around drinking coffee and watching football until we can't take it anymore. I like family reunions.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  4:10:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone. It seems like are communication is getting further apart. Everyone is really busy I guess. Maybe after Christmas things will slow down.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

RonD
Contributor

Maple Grove, MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  5:23:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Let's hope things don't slow down too much. I work in retail and with the state of the economy, many companies are either eliminating their mystery shop program or drastically reducing it.
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  6:25:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't want my shopping to slow down either just the rest of the things going on in life. I noticed that Dec. was a lot slower then last year. Last year I had a very good Dec. with bonused shops. Very little of that this year. The bonused shops I got this year were actually at the beginning of Dec. instead of the end. Go figure. We will just wait and see what the new year brings now. I am sure this will be one of the first programs some of these Companies will cut because of the expense.

We are remodeling our house and so when I am not on the road I have messes to put up with. I think I am going to ask the carpenter to wait until spring so I can open windows and doors and keep the dust outside a little more. We just did siding and doors and windows and now need to finish up inside where the windows were replaced. I do not want him in the house sawing and making a mess more then I already have.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  6:39:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi MN Shoppers!! Sorry I've been gone so much! I have an on going auditing job on the weekends now (still an IC with the company, so who knows how long it will last, but I am trying to make the most of it).

I was thinking of planning a meeting in Jan - maybe the third weekend. We had an excellent turn out last time we all met in Edina and wondering if we should try it again.

Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  6:45:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We're going to see Elmo at the Target Center that week-end. Otherwise, Edina would have worked for me.
Well, not that I would have been invited anyway...

It's been busy around here. We're hosting Christmas dinner this year, so I'm a bit stressed out. Other than that, I have no shops planned until Saturday. First day off of the month will be tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all of you guys!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  7:25:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The third weekend of the month sounds good to me. If I know it before I set my schedule for the month I can plan a weekend in that direction. It would really be fun to meet everyone in person. The Edina location is good for me as I usually go right past there at least once each month.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  01:22:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Edina works for me also. Just might be a time issue for me. Don't want to be too tired after working all night.

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

M Schipper

St Louis Park, Minnesota
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:47:24 PM  Visit M Schipper's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just found this forum. Have been shopping for over 10 years. Can I join the group?
Mary

Mary
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  5:05:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Of course! We are trilled to have you!! If you don't mind sending me your email, then I can put you on our list and send you info about the meetings.

Where in MN do you live? We have people from Hibbing all the way to Rochester in our group!!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  8:41:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary!
Glad you found Volition! We're a friendly bunch, and you will find a lot of good info here. Even though a veteran shopper like you might be dispensing advice more than receiving it, which would be awesome! It'll be fun to meet you at one of the meetings Lisa so kindly organizes. Are you near the Cities?

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  10:56:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mary. It is great having you on here. Welcome to the MN group. Let us know a little about yourself.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  11:50:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi to my Mn. Buddies!

Welcome Mary!!
I have been busy like the rest of you but have not done any MS'ing since Nov. I was in San Diego in Dec for my moms 87th BD and then when I got back Christmas was nearly here!
I would love to meet everone also but will be on a Caribbean criuse that weekend...maybe the next one.
Seems like the emails have been a bit down and my sister is a MS'er in Ca. and she has noticed it too. Then it always seems a bit slow in Jan too. I can think of at least 5 or 6 places that I used to shop for and they aren't shopped anymore. We will just ahve to see what 2009 brings!
I am still busy with My gorgeous grandkids and love every minute!
Happy New Year to everyone!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  1:27:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year! Hope everyone's holidays went well. Ours did (other than the 7 hour return trip from WI with a 4 yo, 2 yo, and 3 month old in the car - 2 yo kept saying "Mommy, I'm stuck" - "you're supposed to be stuck, you're in a car seat!") Anyway, is there a meeting set for January? Don't know if I can make it, but depending on location I'll try. I haven't been on here much am getting caught up. Thanks

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

M Schipper

St Louis Park, Minnesota
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  11:44:37 AM  Visit M Schipper's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone doing Best Buy. What do you think?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  08:04:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What do we think about what?

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

M Schipper

St Louis Park, Minnesota
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  1:30:13 PM  Visit M Schipper's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by M Schipper

Anyone doing Best Buy. What do you think?

If anyone has done this what do you think about the process and the reporting. Do you like it or not.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  6:11:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IMO Best Buy shops are OK, not great. I just wish I could get in and out of the store faster - it usually takes almost an hour. The few I've done the reports are a little detailed but I can move through it OK. Don't know how much more to say without violating ICA.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  7:00:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servnne, How was Elmo? I went through Silver Lake Friday night and waved at you. Did you catch it. Also went though St. Boni, Dianne and Cold Springs. Julie. I stayed overnight in Hutchinson and almost called you Servanne to see if you wanted to meet for supper but it was about 9:00 PM before I stopped to eat.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums