Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  7:06:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, next time call! The worst that could happen is that I would not answer the phone! Actually, on Friday, I was in Mpls, shopping (what else!), so I missed your wave. But I could have met you for breakfast on Saturday morning. I'll be near you again on Tuesday though, going to Windom, Jackson and Fairmont. I'll wave!
Elmo was great fun. The girls loved it! Adele, who is 2, was super excited and danced the whole show! Zoe, who is 6, was more reserved in her appreciation of the show but loved it nonetheless!

So did you guys meet up at all this month yet? I've been working my butt off and have not yet had a day off this month (yes, I worked after Elmo! ) looks like it may be quieter next week. We'll see!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  7:28:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you work Sat.? The roads were lousy. I-94 from St. Cloud to Alexandria we saw two serious accidents and about 15-20 cars in the ditch. Also a Fed-Ex truck in the medium which looked like a accordian it was so twisted up. It was a semi pulling two trailers. I ended up doing the shops that were in a straight line to go home and will have to make up 5 of them this week. We were knocking down 2-3 foot snow banks once we got south of Willmar on 71. I was not expecting that kind of roads at all. Thought it sounded like the weather would be good but that wind was terrible. If you have time I will be around on Tuesday I could meet you for a short break in Windom.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  7:36:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went up to Willmar on Saturday. Then we stopped to see the 9:30 PM movie in Willmar and hit the road again at 11:30 PM or so, going to Alexandria, via Belgrade. We turned around when we hit 94 and back to Saint Cloud, and home via 15 and Hutchinson. The roads were not too bad going that way, but the wind was terrible. You gotta love MN! And then you get the schedulers who do not understand that you can't do a job 120 miles away because the roads are too dangerous!!!
On a similar note, I got a call yesterday to do 3 jobs in Lamar, Colorado. I told her I lived in MN and was way too far. I had done it before on my summer road trip, so she said "I can bonus that!" I said OK, $1000 per shop and I'll jump in the car! She was puzzled, and said, but that's three thousand dollars you're asking for. I told her "You know, I'm not going half way down the country, on icy/snowy roads, for less than that!" I did not get the job...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:39:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amazing. I thought she would jump right up and give you the jobs in CO. I don't understand some of these schedulers. I have mostly good ones but there is always one or two that do not understand anything it seems like. You could always take that $3000.00 and go on a skiing trip. If I could line up some really good Southern shops right now I would head to Texas. I would love to be down by South Padre right now.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  06:12:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDQuiring

Amazing. I thought she would jump right up and give you the jobs in CO.

And you know, Lamar is in the "flat" part of the state, on our side of the Rockies, so I definitely would have gone, too! It's not like I would have had to cross the mountains in the dead of winter! When we went through CO this summer, it took us a full 6 days, as we were meandering and going through the mountains, etc. It's a pretty state, but I think I like our great plains better. I'm more of a Wyoming-Montana-Dakotas type! The again, I am scared of heights, so the mountains are not my favorite thing!

I am going for another mini-road trip today. And then after that, I have nothing planned for two full days! It's going to be like a vacation!!!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  07:20:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Have you all seen Applebees shopped in MN? After searching the archives, I figured out which two MS companies shop them, but I don't see mn. Am I missing something?

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  07:54:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also,

When are we going to have another meet up? It would be fun to connect.

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  08:48:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, Are you listening?

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  05:13:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like to be part of the next meetup too!

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  8:19:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I met Dianne while I was on my route yesterday for lunch. We had such a nice visit. It was really fun to meet someone who shares the same interests.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  06:46:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All
As Darlene said it was so much fun to meet. I admire her for all her organization and dedication! It was just so much fun chatting. Hope all my Mn. friends have a wonderful week and Happy Valentines Day!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  5:29:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi MN (and WI!) shoppers,
One of my very favorite video shopping companies is looking for new shoppers in the Minneapolis area. If you are interested, shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you more details! (and no, I am not getting paid for this! LOL!)

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  6:27:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are any of the MN or WI shoppers going to be around the cities area on Sat? If so would you want to meet? I will be at the Perkins in Minnetonka about 3:00. If you come I will let the hostess know that we are having a meeting of Independent Contractors. If you will be able to come please do. It would be fun to meet some of you.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  05:38:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDQuiring

Lisa, Are you listening?

OOOPS - I haven't been listening!! I'm so sorry! I've had a lot going on around here - including my husband's family - two members being ill and dealing with nursing homes, etc.

Darlene, for YEARS and YEARS I have asked if someone else could just help with these meetings - so that I'm not scheduling everything - so I will be glad to send you the info - if you are okay with it and as of right now I am available on Saturday too.

I will say that that area did not bring a lot of shoppers and wonder if you'd consider in the cities a bit more - Bloomington area maybe, but if not that is fine!!!! Better then fine!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  06:51:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It really would not matter where we meet. I just thought that would be an easy place to find. You and I or whoever would like to set up another meeting can decide on the next time. I think between us we could get something going every month. I will e-mail you again as soon as I can. Thanks

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  06:54:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have sent e-mails out to all of the ones that I have names for so if anyone else would like to meet tomorrow Sat the 21st p[lease let me know. I know it is short notice and I probably do not have everyones names. It will be at the Minnetonka Perkins at 3:00. Please e-mail if you have any questions. We will be at a tables hopefully close the door under the name Indenpendent Contractors and I will buy a balloon that says Welcome on it to set on the tables. The address is:
The address is
Perkins
11300 Highway 7
Minnetonka MN 55305
952-933-5220

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  09:47:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, isn't that where we met?
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  10:04:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes it is!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  10:14:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If the shoppers end up forming a conference in Las Vegas, would anyone else want to go as the MN/WI contingency? I have a timeshare there....

Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  06:35:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am 99% sure that I will be going, but I think I am going there with my entire family. It will be fun to meet up over there though!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums