Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

KAnderson

MN
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  08:40:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hi!

I'm in St. Paul, and have been shopping for 8 months. I just shop for spending money for an upcoming trip we're going on. (Costa Rica in Sept!)

I've only been shopping areas I already go to. Lots of St. Paul, with occasional forays to the north or south burbs to see my sister or brother.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

BBluhm

Austin, MN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  10:53:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am Becky and I am in Austin. That is south of the cities, and just south of Dodge Center. I do shops in Austin, Albert Lea, Owatonna and Rochester. I have been back into this for about 1 1/2 years, after being gone for almost 5 years. I use to do it when it was not on the computer at all, everything was by mail and paper.

Becky Bluhm
Go to Top of Page

Cassandra
Apprentice

Farmington, MN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  4:42:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hello I am a new MN shopper. I looked into this and merchandising quite some years ago. Now I am trying to sign up and do this full time. I live in Farmington not too far from you other MN shoppers. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cassandra
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  11:07:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I am a shopper in Saint Paul. I am veru interested in meeting up with others who share our unique line of work. Could anyone meet in Saint Paul?

Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Debbie in Minnesota
Apprentice

Rochester, MN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  11:48:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm relatively new to mystery shopping and have lived in Minnesota for about 5 years now. I was pleasantly surprised to find this discussion. I would also love to meet some other shoppers in my area (Rochester).

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  9:27:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in St. Cloud and do very little mystery shopping, but do merchandising in this town and Monticello and a little in Princeton and Little Falls.

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  11:46:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow Minnesotans! I am in Silver Lake, west of the Cities on 7.
I shop the Twin Cities, Mankato, Saint Cloud ( don't worry RebeccaS, I won't take your jobs!)and the occasional trip Up North .
I have been doing this since november 2006, and just decided last night to quit my other job ( which I did this morning...) to shop full time...Am I addicted, or what?!?!
I find it to be a great way to stay at home witht the kids, and they can tag along on the job! How many people can do that? MS is just awesome!

What brought you guys to Mystery Shopping ? For me, it was when I worked at Perkins, and we got shopped all the time!!! I would have never known about it otherwise!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  2:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do very little mystery shopping anymore. Most don't pay well enough for all the info you need to gather and of course if you have to buy things and then return............
I like certain shops and keep to those with a few food shops from time to time.

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

.Terry Ann
Inactive

Mound, MN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  9:31:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello. I am willing to network. I am just west of the Cities. I'm pretty busy, so I don't mystery shop a lot these days (I like spas and fine dining when I do). I'm also a merchandising supervisor for a company that puts books and magazines into home improvement stores, as well as some other accounts (currently we just work with books and magazines in those as well)

I've also recently discovered demoing, and currently have an interview with a company that does promotions at the Minneapolis Convention Center (trade shows), State Fair, and other events as well.

I'm aware of many different sites to find jobs, and am a VERY firm believer in APPROPRIATE referrals from mystery shoppers/merchandisers as well as other merchandising supervisors. (I only advertise about 5% of my openings). Incidentally, I currently don't have any, but that can always change.

I don't know about others, but I really appreciate the opportunity to have a flexible schedule and not be working 9 to 5. That's why I do what I do.

oh -- before I forget -- there is a Gold Certification program coming up on April 14, 2007 in Minneapolis. Go to mysteryshop.org for more info. I am gold certified (from the very first conference in nashville in 2003 -- there was only one other minnesotan there, who wound up working for me as a merchandiser as things turned out.

-Terry
Gold Certified Mystery Shopper / Merchandising Supervisor
located about 30 minutes West of Minneapolis.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  09:46:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Terry Ann! We're almost neighbors! Well, almost... I am about 10 miles east of Hutchinson on 7. Will you go to the gold workshop in Mpls? I am still wondering wether I'll go or not.
I am just like you, love the flexible schedule. I try to get jobs where kids are OK to bring with, this way I don't have any daycare charges .
I recently picked up MSing as a full time money maker, and it's been working great for me! This is probably the best job I've ever had, given the hours, the type of work and the travelling involved ( well, at least for me, since for a decent amount, I'll go anywhere...yep, all the way to the Dakotas, Iowa and Wisconsin if need be!!!!).
I can't really do merchandising or demo right now, since my kiddos are too little to go to school... but who knows, when they go to school full days, I'll have more "alone" time ! Only have to wait about 3 more years!!!!

Can you explain to me the networking concept? I really don't understand what it involves. Thank you!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

Nicole in MN
Contributor

Rice, MN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  09:43:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I'm relatively new... I've only completed 5 shops so far. I have a full-time job but I like to do mystery shopping on the side for fun and a little extra money. I currently live in Rice, MN, and soon I'm moving to Royalton. Most of my shops will be completed in St. Cloud. I work in St. Cloud but I'm an at-home Medical Transcriptionist. I see there are a few of you from St. Cloud!

Nicole Schlenvogt
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarionMN
Trainee

Minneapolis, Minnesota
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  9:15:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone--I'm mostly a merchandiser now, after trying the MS side for a while. I'm in Minneapolis, although my assignments have taken me as far west as Fargo, as far north as Roseau, as far south as Luverne, and into Wisconsin sometimes.

I'd love to see a meet and greet sometime. If most folks are toward the west, we could do it out that way. Is anyone else interested?

Working the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  11:14:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! My name is Darlene and I live in SW Minnesota. I have been MSing for about two years. I just wondered how many of the original posters on here are still shopping. I do not usually do any shops in the cities and every month I see so many on some of my e-mails. Maybe they are just not in the areas that are covered. It looks like there are a lot of shoppers in the area of the cities. I know if I go to the Mpls. area and I want to shop while I am there I sure never have problems finding shops.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  07:10:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene!
I'm still around! I have been doing this for just over one year now and I still love it! There are a lot of shops in the cities, but also a lot of shoppers. The competition is pretty fierce, but I have no problem finding jobs as you mentioned. Just have to be patient.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  6:50:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard if there is a Gold Conference anywhere close to the Mpls. or St. Paul area scheduled anytime soon. I would love to go to one. I have been Silver for about two years and am really considering going Gold. All of the Conferences I hear about are always so far away and I am not sure if it is worth a long trip for it.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

D Amundson
Apprentice

Monticello, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  12:11:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, my name is Dan located in the NW Suburbs. Been MS'ing on and off for 2 years, but have recently been going hard at it for a couple of months!...Would like to chat with more MS'er out there.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  1:11:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Dan! Welcome to Volition!
You'll find your daily chat fix here as there are a few prolific contributors to talk to!! So when you say you've been going hard at it, how many shops are you talking? An insane amount of shops or an incredibly insane amount of shops? I have been going hard at it for 14 months now, and this is my full time gig...I quit my regular job back in March '07 and have been lovin' every minute of my time ever since!
Hope to hear from you (and other Minnesotaans as well!!) soon!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Jamie1980
Apprentice

Janesville, MN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  11:11:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am from Janesville, MN. If you know where it is I feel sorry for you. Anyways.....

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  4:51:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Jamie, I do know where Janesville is. I go through there at least twice a month to do shops. I do a lot of shops every month in Owatonna and Faribault and further East. I go all the way to Redwing and then South along the river. I will be going that way again tomorrow for the third time in the last week and a half. I usually plan a full day when I go that far. I will leave home at 8:30 or 9:00 AM and get home about 12-13 hours later.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  4:54:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, How is your leg doing? How much longer will you be laid up. Sure hope things are going well. It has to be hard when you have young children to take care of.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums