Page: of 16

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  5:38:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi fellow Minnesotans

I just found this particular thread and it sounds fun! I have been MS'ing 2 years. I am a "young" retired nurse and love doing it. I lived in the Eastern suburbs of Saint Paul but recently moved to Saint Bonifacius to be closer to my grandson (and another coming in 3 weeks!) St. Boni is West of Minnetonka on Hwy 7. I found there is more competion in this area than I had before in St. paul. I wouldn't mind getting into some very light merchandising but sure where to start.

Nice to "meet" you all and Happy MS'ing!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  7:29:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene!
I was just telling my hubby how it kills me not to be able to pick up assignements...It's like money slowly passing by outside my window, and I can't catch it !!
My leg is doing as good as it could, which is great. I will be on the couch for another 3 weeks ( it's been 3 weeks already...) and then I should be able to bear a little weight on it. After that, I should be able to walk with crutches for another 6 weeks, and after that (!) I should be OK to walk without help!!
Some sliding hill it was, I'll tell you !
I am getting a lot of help from my husband who has taken a leave of absence from work. Well, when I say a lot of help, you have to read that he does everything! I really can't do anything and being alone with the kids is out of the question right now. I am an over-worrier, so all I can think about is that if anything goes wrong, I can't help the kids, and I won't have it that way. So, Ted's home. We haven't had this much family time in a while! LOL!
Anyways, thanks for asking. It brightened my evening to know you were thinking about me!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  07:21:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome HawDianne, It is always nice to see more Minnesotans on here. We need to stick together and help each other if possible. I am registered with about 250 Companies but usually only work for about 3-4 so if I see anything in your area will let you know. I do about 150 or more shops for one Company alone so that keeps my busy all month.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  08:16:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene

Thanks for your note. Sounds like you do way more than I do. I probably do maybe 50 a month but I do travel a fair amount of time. If you are ever over my way let me know and we could have a cup of coffee and compare notes! My email is hawdianne@yahoo.com .
have a wondeful day

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  09:35:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Dianne!
Welcome to Volition! I am in Silver Lake, 20 miles west of you on Hwy 7! What a small world. There seems to be quite a few shoppers in the western Twin Cities but the competition is not too cut-throat (in my opinion!). When did you move here? I moved in 2004 from Minneapolis, and have been shopping since November '06, doing it full time since March '07 and loving it!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  10:09:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Servanne

Thanks for the welcome note. We lived and raised our children in the Stillwater/Woodbury areas. Two of our daughters live out of state and we have one in Waconia along with an amazing 3 year old grandson(and another grandbaby due in 3 weeks!) we were making that long trip so often that we decided to move and were very lucky to sell our home quickly. We moved to St. Boni in May and love being close to our daughter. It has been an adjustment as I was not familiar with the Western Burbs at all. I havent been shopping as much due to gas but always try to get a route. I used to do many coffee shops but found more competion in this area for them Basically I love MSing and would always appreciate any hints on new companies or jobs. Now I probably work regularly for about 6 or 7 companies. Hope you're up and around soon. And again I appreciate the note.
have a wonderful day

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  9:33:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi again. Maybe the three of us will have to get together sometime. I will be up in that area Sat. and Sun. but it will be a fast trip as I have over 50 shops to do in those two days. I never know what time I will be where. I will be in Waconia, Winsted,Watertown, Victoria, Norwood and a whole bunch more around there. I hit a lot of the small towns in that area once a month. They are just automatically assign to me each month so do not go on the regular schedules. One of these times when I see I will have some extra time I will get in touch with you two and see what we can arrange. Sometimes I end up staying in Hutchinson for night but this time I don't think I will get quite that far the first day.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  9:35:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is sure fun to have those grandchildren close isn't it. I have one who will be five the 24th of Feb. and one who just turned a year old the 15th of Jan. They live about 45 miles away but do still get to see them quite often.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  07:01:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene

Wow you are quite a shopper. I am assuming these are gas stations because for instance Victoria has not much else. I havent ventured into gas stations yet. They dont really appeal to me. I would love to get together and talk MS. We are kind of homebodies if we are not traveling so let me know. Take care I just heard windchills of - -35 on Sat. night!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  6:57:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I have been thinking about it and my conclusion is that you are doing gas stations, either the dinosaur ones or the big blue M ones. Because the only other business I can think of that those towns have in common are DQs...And really, I could not imagine anybody loving ice cream so much as to make routes of DQ shops !!!
Diane, I always get merchandising offers for Hutchinson from Certified / CRINY and I can never take them because of the kids. Are you signed up with them?
Have fun on your route Darlene and watch out for those mean windchills!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  7:51:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No I am not doing any of the ones you mentioned. I am doing a FF shop but not DQ. My son is the manager of a DQ and I use to be so they will not let me work for them. I am doing a few gas stations on this route but only on Sat. as the Company I do them for only lets me do them on Sat. and not on Sun.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  8:17:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDQuiring
My son is the manager of a DQ [...]

Yum! Do you find yourself eating too many Blizzards !?!

I am so curious, it is gnawing at me no to know what shops those are! But I have hope, I'll find out...

Take care!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  8:38:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually I do not have more then about one Blizzard a year. I use to eat them more but have started having more Moolattes. Those are addicting. I actually limit myself to those also so have only one every couple of months.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  07:16:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good Morning to my new found Mn. friends!

I love checking this thread now in the AM. I am a DQ lover but try to go only once every couple of months.
Servanne I am signed up with Certified but find there jobs do not pay enough unless you could get a route of them I read somewhere that they were going to be part of the MarketForce with Shopnchek.

Darlene I admire you for all the jobs you do. Stay warm and safe.

Have a wonderful weekend

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  08:29:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good morning!

Diane, you could also try the Pat Henry Group. They do resets for medical offices, hardware stores, etc (brochures and bird seeds type of things). Their jobs look simple enough, they pay decent and they offer routes. I have never worked for them but I am signed up and their offers look OK. I can't take them because of the kids though. Who knows, maybe that could work for you!

Darlene, did you leave for your trip yet? The weather is really bad here, with snow blowing around and a lot of wind. Be careful on the road.

Have a good week-end!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  11:38:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I decided to wait until tomorrow and then go. I am not sure if I can do it in one day but if not I am hoping they will give me an extention on some of them. I have never had a problem getting an extention before when the weather was bad. I e-mailed the scheduler yesterday but she must have left for the weekend. I do have her phone number at home but hate to bother her on the weekend. I will just wait and see how far I get tomorrow. The wind hit us about 8:00 this morning so figured it was worse when I go north. It is actually not too bad right now (1:30 PM) but we have a scanner and there are a lot of cars in the ditch. I just don't want to be one of them.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  11:54:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband left to go to work at about 11 am. He was going to take the kids to his parents and then go to work. Well it took him 20 minutes to go from Silver Lake to the Winsted intersection on 7.( that's 8 miles!). After seeing two cars in the ditch, including one State Troper, he turned around...Visibility was close to 0 and the wind was sooooo cold...He'll have to go to work some other day!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  11:39:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I saw on another thread that you have postponed your road trip. Smart move! It was windy and frigid around here. We had blizzard like conditions most of the week-end. Anyways, just wanted to check in and see how things were doing for my fellow Minnesotans!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  12:13:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

It sure was nasty this last weekend. We had dinner plans with friends which we cancelled. By the way I was not registered with the Pat Henry Group so I did that. I do not have any merchandising experience however so dont know if anything will come of that. I have been fairly busy up till now but I am not finding much out there. Oh well our new grandbaby will arrive soon so I will be cutting down for a while so I can help.

HappyDay

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  7:55:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I did get an extention on my run from last weekend. I plan on going on Sat. I sure hope the weather is better this week end. If I go on the weekend they let me start right away in the morning but if I do it during the week I have to wait until 4:00. I would much rather start early and go all day. The main reason is so I can report on school kids and not just the adult workers I guess. My scheduler called me Monday morning and said she had been watching the weather channel and figured she would be hearing from me. She is absolutly the best scheduler I have had from any Company. I have had her for almost two years and she is wonderful to work with.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums