Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  08:51:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, Are you back to doing some shops? I went down Hwy 7 yesterday. That road was pretty good but Hwy 55 from Glenwood to Paynesville last night was really bad. We met three snow plows between Glenwood and Belgrade. Big drifts across the road and it was dark so never knew when they would be coming. I had 36 shops to do but only got 31 done. I will have to go back this week one night. Two of them in Willmar were closed when I got there. I was there by 8:30 so could not believe they were closed. FF too so don't know what was going on.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  09:13:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Boy, that does not sound like much fun to have to come back this way for just a few shops!
Yes, I am back shopping...I just couldn't take it anymore!!!! I have been taking it really easy this month and only took a few shops for my favorite schedulers. A new (to me) company called me up last Monday to see if I wanted to do a string of $30.00 shops, so I took them because other MSers talk highly about them on here. They were easy shops, long but easy reporting and all in all well worth the pay. Ted drives me around, so that's nice. I have been hunting for web and phone shops and have quite a few scheduled as well. They do not pay well, but it's extra money without leaving the house!
Ted has started shopping too, to supplement the income. He can only go to work two nights a week these days as we need someone to watch the kids overnight. We are going toward Marshall and a bit past on Tuesday and then toward Worthington on Thursday. Maybe I'll see you when you're in Willmar!! We could meet up at the FF place !LOL!
Will the MSC pay you for the closed locations, since you were there during business hours or do you have to go back?
Well, good luck. It's bound to warm up eventually, so let's think positive.
Winter is almost over....Argh...who am I kidding?!?! It's MN!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  12:32:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Diane, has your new grand-baby arrived to the world yet? When's the due date? This is such an exciting time! But those last few days can seem like weeks if not months...Good luck to the Mama!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  1:22:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, It looks like I will be going to Willmar on Tuesday. When are you going? I am not sure what time but they have to be done after 4:00. I could probably cancel them since they should have been open according to the signs on the door but I have to go to Benson, Morris and Appleton anyway. I am also going to combine it with another trip so will actually have about 12 shops to do. If you go to Worthington you are very close to us. That is where my grandchildren live. I will be in Worthington on either Wed. or Thursday doing shops.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  1:47:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,

Boy it sure feels balmy outside! I am a native Minnesotan so I know spring is not here but we can always hope.
Servanne, thanks for asking about the baby. No he/she is not here. My daughter is having a CSection Tues 2/26 in Waconia. She had a lot of problems last time so opted for another this time. I have a few shops tomorrow and then i have cleared my calendar for a couple of weeks. That is what is so nice about all this! I am glad you are back shopping.
Darlene you continue to amaze me with all your shopping and miles that you drive. I sure hope the three of us can meet sometime to compare notes and just have fun discussing MSing!
I wish both of you a wonderful week.

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  4:21:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I sure wish the weather here was balmy. It was nice yesterday until I got back as far as Glenwood. We have 40 mile an hour winds today and hundreds of cars in the ditch. It is really nasty. What a difference a 100 miles makes. It sounds like tomorrow and Tuesday are not suppose to be good either. I have to go to a funeral in Windom tomorrow so am not doing any shopping tomorrow. I am sure I will have reports to finish though. I am not getting them done very fast today for some reason. Just can't get motivated.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  07:16:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well the balmy weather here was quickly over and replaced by the weather you were telling me about last weekend, Darlene!
I saw you post on another forum that Gap does the electronic store. I used to love them but havent seen any here for a long time. Do they still do them in your area??? Just wondering.
I am done with my shops now for a couple weeks and just waiting for baby next week.
Have a wonderful week (you too Servanne!)

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  08:51:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What did you think of that bus accident. We were in Benson doing a shop and the guy in front of me in line got a phone call. It was his brother from Cottonwood. His kids were suppose to be on that bus but he had an appointment in town so had picked them up from school. We were going from there to Granite Falls and then Marshall so had to detour and take Hwy 59. My husband drives tour bus for SW Tours out of Jackson and Marshall so we kept getting calls from other drivers wondering if the school bus was one of theirs. We did not find out for sure until we got to Marshall that it was not one of their buses. SW Tours owns the school buses for Marshall.
We kept running into some kind of lousy weather yesterday also but it was mostly just the wind blowing the snow around. Not a lot of snow coming down.
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  08:56:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I forgot to answer your questions about GAP. You know, I am not sure now. It has been awhile since I have done any of them. Maybe they don't do R anymore. I did a lot of them the beginning of 2007 but have not done much for Gap since. I do a few FF for them but only when they call me with a big bonus. (usually I don't do them for less then $30.00 up to Highest bonus was $55.00)

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  4:43:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went to the FF place in Montevideo once for $85 !!!! Now that was one good hamburger!!!!

I have not done much for GAP in a while either. I don't really have alone time to do the shops and they absolutely refuse to have kids or anybody on shops, so I pass...

The Cottonwood incident is terrible. It broke my heart for the dear children. My baby is in Kindergarden, and some of these kiddos were the same age she is. It has to be the most devastating thing for parents to go through. I am not sure I would be strong enough to keep going. I'll keep them in my thoughts for a long while. We are going that way either tommorrow or next Monday, Ted has a string of bank shops in Worthington/Windom/Lakefield. It'll be sad.

Weather wise, well, it's nicer to look at with the nice blue skies, but really, is it reasonnable to still have 20 below 0 at the end of February?!?! Ladies, I'll tell you what: I did not move here for the weather...Brrrr....

Darlene, I left the Marshall area right around 1 pm yesterday. I know what you mean about the blowing snow. It made it hard to see the road at times. I bet we passed each other on the road without knowing it if you had to be there for dinner!

Dianne, please do let us know when the little bundle of joy arrives! And take good care of the exhausted Mama and proud sibling, they'll need you! ( and Dad too!!)

Take care and have a great end of the week!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  08:43:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did all three of those Banks a couple of months ago. Watch out when you get to Lakefield. It is a lot of the same employees that are in Windom. They go back and forth several times a day. I ran into one the last time I was there so I don't go back anymore. I did not know what to do when I saw her so I just asked her if she could activate my ATM card for me so I could pick my own pin number. I then called my scheduler when I got home. I am going out today also and will be ending up in Worthington to do my last shop and drop off a birthday present for my granddaughter who turns 5 on Sunday. Tomorrow I head towards Rochester and that corner of the state. This will be the third time this month for that area. The other two times I went North from Rochester along the river but this time I go east and south.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  08:50:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son just asked me if you are on crutches. He said he say someone in Wal Mart while we were in Willmar that day. I did not see the lady but he said she looked about your age and had crutches. We were in Wal Mart from 2:30 until about 4:00. I had to do my shop at 4:00 in Wal Mart but needed to do some shopping first.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  09:05:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes I am on crutches , but I was not in Willmar yesterday. I am going tomorrow though.
I have done all of those banks in MN before, but never ran into the same employees. The instructions now state that some employees go from branch to branch, probably thanks to you! The rotation on those is 540 days, so Ted is doing them. Have you done the ones in the Cities? You probably could get a nice bonus for them given the drive. He is doing those at a very nice fee, enough to warrant going there just for the banks. Ted is also thinking about picking up Mabel and Caledonia next week. I have a shop in Hastings, so that would kinda go with those. We'll see. We go down along the river every year during the fall, it is so pretty. Last year I got some gas stations, restaurants and hotels. Nothing too complicated, but we ended making money on the trip! Thank goodness for the laptop !
I am so glad to see I am not the only shopper who drives an insane amount of miles!!! Funny thing is, I would not do it if it wasn't worth it! So Darlene, what's the furthest you ever been? For me, I have driven well into NE, IA, north western ND, south western SD and all over MN of course. And sometimes all in one trip! Come to think of it, I have only done one shop in WI!
Well, I have to get ready and get on the road. I am getting my kiddos back from a sleepover at a friend's house, so no shopping today!
Have a good day!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  11:24:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never done any shops in Wisconsin. I do go right to the border but that is as far East as I go. I have been as far north as Crosby. To the South I cover a lot of Iowa. Missouri Valley is as far South as I have gone. Usually I stay within a 200 mile radius of home. I do go into SD but usually stay along I-29 as far North as Milbanks. I don't very often go South of Sioux Falls. We are only 90 miles from Sioux Falls so I do a lot of shops over there if I can get a route together. When I go out for a full day I usually don't do less then 20-25 shops for the day to make it pay. We are so close to the borders of all three states so it works out good.

It was Tuesday we were in Willmar. Monday I stayed home to do reports from the weekend. I also had to go to a funeral Monday.

I am probably the reason for the warning on the Windom and Lakefield Banks. I do bank at the one in Windom and will be stopping there on my way to Pipestone today. I usually start at the one the furtest away from home and work my way back. That way if I run out of time and some are closed I can go back the next day if necessary.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  7:56:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, I went to Caladonia yesterday. If you go next week watch the trees. We saw about eight eagles nests with eagles sitting on them. Talk about beautiful. Some of them were quite close to the road. That is really a pretty part of the state.

I have a feeling you probably put on as many miles in a month as I do. It sounds like you cover a bigger area.

Dianne. we will be thinking about you this week. It is an exciting time when the grandchildren come. We just had a birthday party for my 5 year old granddaughter today in Worthington at the AmericInn. It was really fun. We had a lady come from Sioux Falls and she does Princess Parties. They made their own bubble bath and lotion. Then we had a swimming party for the little girls at the AmericInn. The kids had so much fun. It was like a four hour party so I did leave after 3 hours. That was long enough for me. I had reports to do so used that for an excuse to leave early.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  07:43:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, Darlene thanks for thinking of me. We are soanxious. Think it might be more stressful when you actually know the date. I did not want to schedule any shops for fear I would have to cancel them! My oldest daughter who lives in Oregon bougth a sweatshirt for the 3 year old with a guitar (his favorite thing) on the front and it says big brothers rock! Should be a fun week. Ill report on the baby later in the week. Have a great week. You too Servanne

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  5:56:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Baby should be here by now! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  6:09:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I'll be sure to watch for the eagles in the trees. I have never been that far south I don't think. I went along 16, which is dubbed the Historic Bluff County Highway righteously! It was gorgeous. I have a couple of hotel shops down this way too, so we are making a family road trip out of it. There is no school on Friday due to the end of the trimester, so that's nice.

The banks in your area went fine and we went by Mountain Lake twice. We all waved Hi in the car, but I'm pretty sure you didn't notice.. LOL!!!

I do cover quite some territory. I love driving around, and so does Ted. Our vacations always consist of road trips! Might as well make money doing what we love. We took a trip once that took us all over the Midwest (MN, IA, NE, SD, ND, MT). Over 3600 miles! Well worth it though...It was I think 50 shops in 3 days and they were not close together either! LOL!

This job has taken quite a toll on my car. I put on average 3000 miles per month on it. That is if I actually do not have a broken leg.

Have a good rest of the week!
Diane we want to know all the details about your new grand baby!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  7:40:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry I didn't wave back. I probably was not at home anyways. I really had a full schedule the last three weeks. This week I am taking it easier. Just did two burger shops today but they were $50.00 burgers. Didn't even taste good. Tomorrow two more $50.00 burgers. I do have a lot of phone shops scheduled this week. About 4-5 a day for the rest of the week. They don't pay a lot but I can stay home and do them. Usually leave the last week of the month for bonused shops only.
I usually drive about 3000 miles a month also. Did you by any chance do a shop in Willmar today. I got a call on it and when I checked it did not pay for me to go. I checked later and someone had taken it. It was the one where you have to look for 6 people in a department store.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  7:48:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't even bother with this company besides the bonused gas shops. I do not think the 6 people shops are worth the money they offer for it, even with a bonus. I was in Willmar when they had already bonused it, but I figured the aggravation and headache were not worth the measly fee. There must be another shopper in the area then!
I would have to agree that $50 burgers do not even taste better than the regular ones! And they make more than your wallet get fat!!!
I am seeing the surgeon tomorrow, hopefully good news...I gotta get off the computer and relax before bed, or I won't be able to sleep!
Have a good one!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums