Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  9:32:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, Let us know how your Dr. appointment comes out. Hopefully you can at least go to a walking cast.

Dianne, We are waiting to hear about the new grandchild.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  07:15:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls

We are blessed with another grandson! I have three daughters so am loving these boys! He was 9# 3 oz so very large for my small daughter. Mom and baby are fine. This grandma is having a little trouble with the different name they chose but I guess I didnt get a vote! It Is Baylor Logan. Oh well perhaps the name will grow on me. The other ones name is Mason and I didnt like that either. Oh well he is healthy and that is the main thing. I talked to her this am and he nursed like crazy all night. We will be heading up to the hospital soon.
Thanks for thinking of us..Hope your Dr. appt goes well, Servanne

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  8:45:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Dianne, I just have two sons and several foster kids (22) so that is how I got my daughters. My foster kids are the ones having kids so it is great having all those foster grandkids around. I have one foster daughter that basically wanted me to raise her kids so that is the reason I first got into MSing so I had a reason to tell her the kids are her responsibility now as I am too busy. I will help out once in awhile but we had the oldest one living with us basically the first three years and decided that was enough. I was getting too old to be chasing after a toddler. It is fun now when we just take them once in awhile. Every year on Christmas day we take all of the foster kids that are around out for dinner. That gets to be a pretty wild time.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  08:14:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, Christmas at your house sounds like a lot of fun!

The doctor's appointment went as well as expected. I have the OK to gradually start putting weight on my leg, to the point where I should be pretty much walking in 6 weeks when I return.
Now for the weird parts: first of all, a nerve got cut in my knee during surgery, so I have no sensation left on a 4 square inch stretch on my right knee. Second, my muscles have atrophied so much, I can not lift my leg when I want to!!! So I tell my body to work hard and lift that leg, and nothing happens...That was soooo frightening for a minute. But then I realized I have to exercise my muscles, 'cause they've become lazy!!!

Dianne, your grand baby's name will grow on you, and soon you'll see that there is no better name for him. Remember: names are chosen by the parents according to what they like, dislike, etc. It's a reflection of their personality and that will shine through the baby very soon. A name is what makes you unique. He is probably the cutest little thing right now. Kids are awesome!

Hope everything is good for you two. Have a great week-end, I'm off the south eastern MN on a MS road trip!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  1:07:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a hard time with my two granddaughters names at first and now I really think they are cute names. The first one was Samara Tegan and the next one was Kiana Jewel. I had never heard either one before. Now Samara's name I have seen a lot. Still no other Kiana's. Names just kind of grow on you I guess.

Servanne, hope you get all of the use of the leg back real soon. I have never broken a bone so I guess I'm lucky there.

How is your March schedule coming. I have quite a few lined up already but most of my schedule is not out yet. Should be out today or tomorrow.

My husband has an eye exam tomorrow in Mankato (one of my shops) and then I ploan to do a couple others in Mankato while I am there. Also one in St. Peter if time allows. That one needs to be done by 2:00 but I have until the middle of March to get it done.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  8:08:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My girls are Zoe Madeleine and Adele Joliette.
Kinda different I guess, though they are all old french names. I've not met another Adele here, but a few Zoe's. Actually, a lot of people have named their pets Zoe...That always confuses my Zoe when we're at the dog park and someone says "Zoe, you bad girl!!!" LOL!

Gotta go to bed, the roads are really bad down here (Rochester) tonight. I'd better be wide awake when Ted is driving tomorrow if I want to be an efficient back seat driver!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  10:11:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband called me about 8:00 PM and said the roads are really bad and visibility was terrible. He had to take the wrestling team from Windom to the cities for a tounament tonight and they got there about an hour and a half late. They got to I-35 just as the traffic was bad and it took them over two hours to go the distance it normally takes 45 minutes.

Be careful tomorrow in the Caledonia area. The roads there are bad to start with. 25 and 35 mile and hour curves and very narrow. Especially Hwy 16. 44 is a little better but not much.

I will be in Rochester again on Tuesday or Wednesday. 19 shops to do between Winona and Rochester.

We also have a foster granddaughter named Zoe. I don't get to see her too often. They come home only about once a year.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  09:02:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, How was the trip? Isn't that beautiful country? I just love it down there.

Dianne, Have you got to babysit yet? Are you back to a regular routine or still helping with the baby?

I have 105 shops lined up for the next week so will be really running. I plan to do them all in 4 days. I will be doing an overnighter next week end. Will probably be in the cities for the night on Sat. I am hoping to get that far anyways. Have to do 28 on Sat. to lay over in Mpls. Should be able to if I start about 8:00 Sat. morning. Most of them are all close together.I have nine to do in Mpls. Sunday morning and then can start towards home. Then have 11 to do between there and home. All of them are in about 6 towns so should not take too long.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  09:36:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

Wow Darlene I dont know how you do it. I seem to have more trouble getting jobs out this way. When i lived in the Woodbury area I was much busier. However I am not willing to drive as far as you and then husband and I do several trips a year. My mom and sisters are in san Diego and I also go there several times a year too. I had some easy easy well paying online shops this weekend that I wisah I had taken more of. Then on Thurs I have about 5 or 6 and Friday I have a lunch one at a nice restaurant.
Are you gold certified? I wonder if that helps. I see they have the DVD now. I might try that and see if it increases my job offers. I have not tried gas stations yet and I know there are a tom of them out there.
I have not babysat but have been over there alot. He is soooo good and such a cuddly one.
Have a safe week with all your travels.
Servanne you have a great week too!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  11:00:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not Gold certified. I really can't see where it would help much for me. I think the ones it helps most are the ones that live where they have a lot of shoppers trying to get the same jobs. I am Silver but I did not see any increase in my offers when I went Silver either. I am signed up with over 100 Companies but do most of my shopping with about 4. The majority is one Company. Only use the rest when trying to fill out a schedule. There are a lot of shops available in Minnesota but I do have to travel to do them. I usually put on close to 2500-3000 miles a month. Do not usually work the last week of the month though. I leave that for highly bonused shops only. All of the shops this week are for one Company except 4.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  1:58:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ladies, I have been BUSY!!!!

This month-end was pretty insane. The trip went very well. We had a good time at the hotels and the areas we went to were simoply beautiful. I love going there but had never been during the winter. It was incredible. I could swear I saw a wolf in the woods too, but my hubby tells me it's not possible that far south... Oh well, I'll keep on dreaming!

I had a ton of shops to enter on Friday night (well, only 10 but they were banks and restaurants), and then I picked up 19 more for the week-end... I had 25 shops on Monday too... So, yes, I've been working myself silly!
But it's all worth it. I'll tell you what though: only with this job could I been making this much money with a broken leg!

To answer your question Dianne, I am Gold Certified. It made a difference for me, but then again I do 75% of my shopping in the Cities, where the competition is a little more fierce. But I love to drive. And we have a house in Minneapolis if I don't feel like driving home (Ted works in Mpls and we have a house there where he normally stays during the week, well when I am not crippled that is!).

Darlene, have fun on your trip. Which way are you going?
Dianne, have you gotten used to Baylor's name? I'm sure it doesn't even bother you anymore! He must be so cute. It's too bad we can't post pictures here!

Have a good week!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  2:17:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Servanne

Sounds like you were busy but also had fun. Thats the main thing. I am getting use to Baylor's name and dont even think about it. he is such a good baby. Tomorrow I am going with my daughter to take him to the MD... his first outing.
I may just try the Gold DVD It cant hurt and I like you do nearly all of my shops in the cities and I have found more competition out here than I had in the Eastern burbs. I have about 5 or 6 shops Thurs and will be glad to get back in the swing of things.
I will show you baby pics if we ever can manage to get together.
Have a great week and you too Darlene with your busy route.

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  11:35:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My busy week started today. We left early this morning and got home about 1:00 AM. Started in Mankato and then went to Redwing and followed the river as far as Winona. Did 8 shops between those two cities. Then headed to Rochester and did 12 more. Ran out of time when we left Rochester because everything was closed so just drove 2 1/2 hours home. Tomorrow I head start in Worthington and then into SD and go along I 94 to Brookings and do several and then back into MN and finish in Slayton. I only have 11 to do tomorrow.

I am taking Thursday and Friday off to do reports and then Sat. and Sun. will be up your direction. Start in Redwood Falls and go up to Alexandria and follow the interstate to St. Cloud then wander around between Hutchinson and go North, South and East of there. Then hope to get to the cities by evening. I have 12 to do in Mpls and Lakeville on Sunday morning and then head out 35W to Northfied, Owatonna, Fairbault and then head back towards home. I have 61 total to do in those two days. I am hoping I can get them all done. Most of them are quite close together so that helps.

We saw a lot of Eagles in Redwing today at Colville Park. (Probably close to 50 at a time) They were close enough that we really got some nice pictures. Also got a good picture of an eagles nest with some babies along the river by Winona. I just love going that direction. I have to go back that way next week. I think I could live there if given the chance. Just love it all times of the year.

I really should be working on reports but am too tired tonight. I kept making too many typing mistakes. I guess I will get up early tomorrow and do them. It is 1:30 AM now so I think I will go to bed.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  3:47:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

We had to take Baylor's other grandma (she lives in Iowa) to catch her bus in Hutchinson today. I have not been West of St. Boni so I thought of you Servanne as we went through Silver Lake! Boy there is sure not much along the way! Darlene do you live further west or west and south? Took Baylor to the MD and he is up to his birth weight and doing great.
I am anxious to get back to some shopping tomorrow.

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  4:09:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dianne, there sure is not much along the way indeed!!! Saint Boni is pretty much the end of the civilized world!!!
Glad to hear eveything is going well for Baylor. How's Mason? A bit jealous I would think. It was pretty hard for Zoe when Adele was born, and she was 4 already.

Darlene, I hate it when I am too tired to enter my reports. It's just that much more work for the next day.
Sounds like you are keeping busy these days... I hope for you those are simple reports. I can do that many gas stations or fast foods or web/phone calls shops in a day, but I have a hard time handling anything more than 15 long narrative shops. And then again, that's the exception!

I agree that the South East is beautiful. My best eagle encounter while MSing has been in the Blackduck area, Up North. I was doing a gas station audit in the middle of the woods, and there it was, across the road standing by the ditch, looking at me the whole 20 minutes I was there! I had never seen a "real" bald eagle before (you know, besides at the zoo and such) and boy was I impressed!

Personally, I could see myself living in South Dakota, around the Black Hills. So gorgeous over there. I could forget about MSing though!!

I picked up some of my favorite shops for one of my favorite schedulers today. There are 27 of them and I have until May 10th to do them. I think I can handle that! I am getting to a point where I have a few regular jobs I do every month that I can really count on. That's nice. It makes up about one third of my income, easily. Takes some of the uncertainty of the job away!

I will forward you both an e-mail I received from a fellow MN MSer. She has a meet-up group for MN. I've never been there, but if you'd like to go, I'll go too! Or we can get our own get-together going closer to home...

I am watching the girls by myself tonight. First time since the accident. I'm sure it'll be fine, as I am feeling a lot better. I still can't walk, but I should be fine. Ted will be home from work around 4:30 am, so it's not too bad.
I guess I'd better go then and actually watch them! Have a good evening!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  7:29:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dianne, We live down in the Southwestern part of the state. We are only 20 miles from the Iowa border and 70 from the SD. We are about 100 miles South and West from you. I am leaving Friday night to do a three day route. I had planned to wait until Sat. but my son is going along and he would rather leave early and get home earlier Sunday which is fine with me. We will probably stay in Alexandria or Sauk Centre Friday night and then in the cities Sat. We will be going through St.B and Silver Lake both on Sat. sometime. Not sure what time yet.
Most of my shops are the same ones I do every month. I just heard from a scheduler I had not worked with for over a year asking if I would consider a route for them every month now. I would have to do it later in the month because of my regular runs the first two weeks. They are all Banks but not the same ones you did Servanne. Just drive-thru teller and inside teller. No platform shops. I just go in once a month to each one and make a deposit which I do every month even when not shopping. Now I will just get paid for it. There are 12 of them within 30 miles from home. I have 123 shops for one Company this month and they have to be done by the 16th. She just added 20 more on my schedule today. They are ones I do every month that are suppose to be rotation but they have noone else to do them so I end up doing them after the first week every month when noone else has picked them up. I do not usually look for anything else except my regulars as they keep me busy enough each month. I do like the idea of knowing each month where I will be going and when. Once in awhile I will take something else at the end of the month if it is bonused enough.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  06:26:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey girls!

Just checking in. I wanted to let you know all is well here and hope the same goes for you.
I've been BUSY though!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  07:06:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

I am fine and loving this warmer weather. Yesterday I was gone all day. I went to meet some friends for breakfast in Woodbury and then I have an aunt in assisted living in West St. Paul so I saw her too. Then I had many (well many for me about 12) shops in between there and home. It was such a sunny day and today it is supposed to be 40! I will probably go to Waconia to see the kids today. On Wed. we always take Mason for the day. Thurs. I have alot of shops too...... and on and on life goes. Havent even thought about Easter yet!
I hope both of you have a great week

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  9:10:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This month has been the busiest month I have had in three years. I cannot believe all I have done. Easter weekend we are heading North to Brainerd. We leave Friday and will come back Sunday. I have shops lined up for Friday and Sat. and Sunday will just have a fun no shop day.

I have 20 shops lined up for tomorrow. 15 are audits at Grocery Stores and then 4 Banks just teller only through the drive-thru and one Roast Beef Shop. Oh! I almost forgot I just had 6 Gas Stations added to that run. My scheduler just called about an hour ago to see if I could do them. They are all reveal shops but only take a couple minutes each. No pictures just a signature of the person on duty. Pretty easy ones. 3 minute reports.

Are you both planning on going to the cities on the 30th. I was not sure if I would be able to but it looks like I may. We were thinking of going to Missouri to see my parents that week but my brother was just there and he called and said I could probably wait a month. He was there for 6 days so took care of everything this month.

Just finished my reports from the weekend so am thinking about calling it a night. Maybe I can get to bed before midnight for once. I think it will be the first time this month. I have been doing reports almost every night until 1:30 or 2:00 AM. I think I am getting too old for this kind of schedule.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  08:18:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I've been pretty busy here too. Not anything close to what you've been doing Darlene, but given my situation, I did OK for myself this month so far. Except that I have virtually nothing for the rest of the month! I counted 6 assignments so far...But that's quite alright, because Ted started working again so I can't work Wed-Fri. Zoe got pretty sick too. She's had a high fever for a few days now. The doctor said that despite the vaccine a lot of kids in our area were getting the flu. So that's probably what she has. She is miserable. Thankfully one of my shops yesterday was a pharmacy, so I picked up some fever reducers!

We are going to have an Easter brunch with our frineds on Sudnay and really look forward to that. I just hope Zoe will be feeling better!
I am trying to talk Ted into taking me to Mpls on the 30th. I am not sure it will work though, I guess he has some plans of some sort. It sounded pretty vague, so I'm thinking he just doesn't want to drive! We'll see!

Well I'd better work and enter those reports from yesterday. I like not having shops the day after a a long day, this way I don't have to rush to finish it all up that night.

Have a good time on your trip Darlene.

Happy Easter to both of you! Winter is almost over!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums