Page: of 16

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  09:10:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie! Welcome!
You are closer to Saint Cloud than the Twin Cities I think, so there are a few less opportunities for you. My kids are almost 6 and almost 2 and I take them almost everywhere I go! I guess I have been lucky to find shops where they are OK to accompany me. It took me a while to get to this kind of intensive shopping therapy!!! I've been doing it since November 06 and this is my full time job. And I love it!!

Darlene, how did the reporting go? I have a ton to do today myself. I had a fine dining last night, and as I do not drive, I had both allowed drinks...I never drink, so that really got me tired!! Anyways, I thought the reporting would be better left for today! ( all 6 of them )

Dianne, have fun in San Diego! It wouldn't mind a bit of sun and warm weather around here...Hey, at least the snow is melting!

I am seeing the surgeon tomorrow and have no idea what will be said. I am hoping for a green light for walking, driving, etc but part of me thinks my knee is not up to par yet. It's weird because my leg feels OK, but my knee is really bothering me. Oh well, we'll see tomorrow. Patience is not my thing, I hate not knowing!!!
Maybe if I report my shops, I won't think about it. Hmmm...I'll try that!

Have a good week Ladies!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  9:33:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I got all of my reports done from the weekend last night. Now I went to the cities and did 15 more today so have to start on those reports. Tomorrow I have 15 more but those are going to be easy reporting ones. No narrative just simple three or four questions on most of them. I have a big variety of shops for tomorrow. One fast food for breakfast, One pizza buffet at noon, 8 gas stations,and 5 grocery stores. Today were all the same FF.

Servanne, You will have to let us know how you come out at the Dr. tomorrow. We pray everything will go well. It has to be hard with two little ones and not being able to get around like you need to.

Better go. Want to get all my receipts scanned in yet tonight and attached.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  11:45:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon !

Well I went to the Dr on Wed and thought I would let you guys know what transpired from the visit...

I am stuck with the walking boot for another 6 weeks. It seems I did mess up my knee cap quite badly, hence the pain. However, my leg is healing fine and over the next 6 weeks, I should gradually start walking without the crutches, and then without the boot.
YEAH! The end is nigh...Finally! To think this all happened on January 16th...

Boy, this winter had gone by fast since I barely went outside for about one month!!!! But what's up with the snow?!?! It's still falling down pretty hard around here. How is it for you Darlene?
Are you in sunny San Diego yet Dianne? I'm not jealous....

On the brighter side, I'm all set for some fine dining and luxury hotel for the week-end. It will be steaks and jacuzzi all week-end long! LOL! The kids, well mostly Zoe, are pretty excited about the hotel. It's Downtown Mpls, and Ted works Downtown so she loves going there with him, he tells her all sorts of stories, it's always a lot of fun. I'll try to do a couple of restaurants in the Skyway too. And then I have a luxury apartment for Monday downtown also. All things that I could certainly not afford!!! MS is awesome!

Hey Dianne, are you ready for the Hwy 7 closure? I guess it won't affect you that much as long as you're on the "good" side of 92...For me, what a pain!!!!
(FYI Darlene, Hwy 7 will be closed from St Boni to Silver Lake starting April 14th going through the whole summer and fall...Not sure it will bother you much, but I know you come this way at least once a month, so you might want to plan for an alternate route!)

Have a great week-end, mine will be busy (I guess those great shops do have reports attached to them... ).

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  12:17:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be doing shops all day Sat. in Minneapolis and the southern suburbs. I think I have about 19 to do starting early in the morning. I sure hope the weather is better by that time. I am not sure yet if we will be staying for night. I am hoping to get them all done Sat.

We did not get much snow. Most of it came in the form of rain so that was nice. We actually had green grass this morning.

I sure hope your leg gets better. That has really been a long haul for you.

I do usually go on Hwy 7 from Hutchinson to the Winsted turn off. Then I get back on at the Watertown corner and take 7 again to where I turn off to Victoria. Thanks for letting me know. I will have to reaarange my route a little. I will probably be able to go to Winsted and Watertown in between Delano and Cokato. A little extra driving but I guess it will work out. Then back to Litchfield and down to Hutchinson. I can go from there to Glencoe and pick up Norwood, Waconia and then over to Victoria. Somehow it will work out. I am getting to know a lot of the county roads in that area so will find my way across. I have done the same route for about three years now.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  2:59:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals from sunny San Diego!

I am here and the weather is unseasonably warm here for April at 80 today. Don't mean to rub it in. I talked to hubby so am up on the Mn. weather! We took mom to lunch today outside by the ocean and tonight my sister is having a "fake" purse party so am excited for that! I am a purse nut!
Servanne glad there is light at the end of the tunnel for you and your leg. I was aware of 7 closing but I never really go that way. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.
Darlene.. sounds like you are busy as ever. Wish I was home on Sat as you will be so close to my house.

I hope the weather is better soon for Mn. Meanwhile I am lucky enough to be here till next Thurs. Take care!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  09:01:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dianne, Did you get home yet? At least we are having half way decent weather the last couple of days. Today is cloudy but not so cold.
I only have one shop today and four tomorrow. It is really slow this month. I could probably be busier but I am trying to get ready to go to Springfield,MO next week. It looks like we will be leaving on Wed. Will be coming back on the 29th. My son is going with me now. Husband has to work. They are very busy right now with school trips and Proms so he does not want to ask off. They are short of drivers so that would really put them in a pinch.

Servanne, How are you doing? Are you busy this month? I have not even been opening my e-mails for shops because I don't want to know what I am missing. Just deleting them. Darlene

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  09:21:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene, you're funny! When I could not shop, I would still open the e-mails and it would eat at me all day! I did the same thing when I was in France but then I found work there, so that calmed me down bit!

I have been fairly busy, but I must say that these days, I don't shop as much as I'd like.
I am doing better though. I drove to a shop in Hutchinson yesterday. First time in over 3 months I drive the car... Well, it's like riding a bike: you never forget!

I have a few telephone/web jobs this month too, so I make a little bit of money from home. That's always nice, but it sure doesn't pay much!

They have delayed the closing of Hwy 7 due to the snow last week. It will last that much longer at the end of the season though... But it's supposed to be a nice road afterwards, so we'll see if it was worth it.

Dianne, how is San Diego? We got up in the upper 60s here yesterday. It was nice but very windy, so that ruined the trip to the park! But the kids were happy all the same.
Darlene, I hope you have a good time in Springfield. Your family will be glad to see you.

Have a good week Gals!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  09:36:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals

I am flying home later today. The weather was hot beginning of trip and normal gorgeous San Diego weather the rest. I talked to hubby yesterday and he remarked about the winds too!...always something.

Servanne.. hope you still keep healing..what a long haul for you!

Darlene have fun on your trip also. I have a few shops the next couple of weeks but a little sparse (even for me) My sister here that is a shopper too has also been complaining about the lack of shops this month so it must be all over.

I dont get home till midnight but guess where I will be heading in the am!! I have really missed those kids and am sure Baylor has grown.

Both of you have a wonderful and warm?? weekend

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  10:24:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Ladies!

Dianne, I hope the trip back home was good and not too tiring. I guess I don't know what it's like to only fly for a few hours. When I get on a plane, I'm on it for 12 hours!! LOL!!
I bet you found Baylor to have changed a lot and Mason to be a better big brother every day.

Darlene, are you ready for your trip yet? It's exciting to go see your family. We're thinking about maybe going to France this summer, unles my parents come over here in the fall. We'll see. That whole broken leg business has set us back financially quite a bit... I'd better get into power shopping mode!

Well, I am so tired my muscles are shaking. I'd better go to bed. I drove to Saint Cloud today but Ted had to drive back. I am not used to wearing a shoe anymore, and it hurt under my foot! My leg felt fine though, so that's a good sign!

Have a great week-end Girls, we'll talk soon!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  8:21:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne - Hope you had a good (and profitable) trip to this neck of the woods! I also hope your foot and leg gets better! My husband is a pastor and had a funeral yesterday, so fortunately I didn't have any shops last week, as funeral weeks are pretty hectic. Don't have a lot coming up either, I need to get some stuff lined up for May. Hope you all have a good week!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  8:37:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
May looks pretty bare to me right now...I have nothing planned so far!! I need to start working on it I guess!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  9:30:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi you three, I am still trying to wrap up all my shops for April by Tuesday so I can take the rest of the week off. I hope to leave for Springfield,MO on Wed.
Julie I know what you mean by funeral weeks. I am a PK.
I had a busy day yesterday and was not able to do any shops so ended up having to do 7 today that had to be done only on weekends. They were suppose to be done between 12-4. I was able to do them in about 3 hours so was not too bad. The towns were about 40 miles apart except for 3 in Mankato so did a lot of extra driving in between.

My Sister-in-laws from the cities came and met us yesterday morning and we were planning to go through some old pictures of my mother-in-laws so she could tell us who the people were and what was on the pictures. My MIL is 97 years old but still very sharp so wanted her to be able to mark the pictures while she was able to still remember them. Then in the afternoon my husbands uncle had his 98th birthday party. Last night my oldest son (age 32) played in a wheelchair basketball game in Windom to represent the businessmen in town so we had to go watch that. They had a grill out tailgate party before the game so went there first. That was kind of fun.

We were just going out the door to leave for Windom and our neighbor lady was just coming home. As soon as she heard where we were going she decided she was going to go with us so it ended up a fun night. It seems like I am always so busy I don't get very many nights anymore just to have a good time.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  06:52:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Gals!

Welcome Julie..I guess I had missed your earlier post. This board is really fun and I always look forward to "chatting"

I got home safely from San Diego. I had gotten a great price on my fare. It sounds like fare bargains are less and less. By the way, Servanne, the longest flight I have been on is Hawaii for 8 hours.. I cant quite imagine 12!

Darlene, sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend. I had some shops on Sat but a quiet Sunday. Today I am meeting some friends in Woodbury for lunch and have some shops on the way.

Baylor certainly looked bigger after 10 days. He is 16 # already. My dtr. is going back to work next weeke and we will have him Wed. and Fri from 7-1. I am excited and glad we can help now that we live so close.

Guess I brought the nice weather back! It is gorgeous this am. Have a wonderful week and a safe trip, Darlene!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  06:48:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
'Morning!

So Darlene, are you there yet? Today is Wednesday, so I thought you should leaving right about now. You're gonna miss the snow on Friday, lucky you... Have a good trip!

Dianne, when I go home, the flights usually are either 2-3 hours on US territory and 9 hours over the ocean, 6 hours to Iceland and then 5 hours to France, or just a full 12-13 hours from Mpls to Paris (but that's way more expensive!! ) But that's only the flight time, so you have to add the idle time on the ground, the layovers and then the 4 hours drive to and from my parents' place... So all in all it's been taking us about 24 hours from the time we leave our house (oh yeah, there goes an extra 1 hour of travel each way!) to the time we get to my parents' house. Last time I did it by myself with a 1 yr old and a 5 yr old. Fun times... But it's all worth it in the end, of course!

OK Ladies, gotta plan the next big thing (I have 4 routes to organize and coordinate !!!), so you have an excellent week. Darlene, travel safe. Dianne, take care of those babies until Mom returns from work. And Julie, let us know a little bit about yourself!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  8:50:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I arrived in Springfield,MO about 6:00 last night. We should have been here sooner but ran into a lot of construction. We will be going home a different road. We came down on 65 but will take the interstates going back.
It is HOT here. Will be glad to get home to cooler weather. I spent most of today taking Mom to get groceries and setting up appointments with lawyers to go over their will and other legal stuff. Everyone we needed to see was out of the office today and tomorrow so have to try to get the appointments for Monday. I sure hope we can because I hope to leave for home Tuesday. 6 days in Motel is long enough.
When we got to town we stopped and picked up KFC and took it to Mom and Dads to eat. We were so tired we did not stay there very long last night. Came back to the Motel and crashed.
Tomorrow we are going down to Branson and then Lamberts for lunch. That is the resturuant where they throw the rolls. That is one place we always go when we are here. It is a really fun place to eat.
Well, have to go and get some rest so will write more later.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  3:53:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene - you may get what you wished for with "cooler weather" when you come back! Right now, the northern part of the state is under a winter weather advisory. Rain turning to snow, yuk. St. Cloud is on the edge of the winter advisory, so we'll probably get slush (double yuk). I want spring back!!! OK, I'm done whining now. Did one shop today at the mall and ran some errands with the kids. The shop was kid-friendly (my favorite), but involved a lot of pictures. This was my first shop for the company so I'm hoping it all goes OK. That will probably wrap up my April, I need to find some stuff for May. I should also try to sign up for more companies (I'm with about 30 right now) to expand the opportunities. I find myself being picky lately and not accepting what I consider low pay. Not sure if it's just me or if I'm learning to factor work involved vs. pay to make it worth my time. Anyway, Darlene, I hope you can get all the appointments you need lined up and that you have a safe return trip. Everyone, have a good weekend!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  09:00:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals
Well the sun is out this am but its only 38! Some spring... Darlene are you still roasting in Mo??? Crazy weather..I am ready for nice weather like all of you!

This week I start watching Baylor for two days. Chris went back to work Thurs but her husband stayed home..so we will start this week. Mason is so used to our full attention we will see how that goes!

I am only shopping one day this week am am disgusted like everyone else with the gas prices. I am actually going to talk to a gal tomorrow about a merchandiding opportunity. Will see if that pans out.

Well Julie hope the weather clears up in St. Cloud too. Servanne how are you doing with hwy 7 closed? Darlene have a safe trip back and everyone have a great week!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  06:43:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I am back home. We got home last night. My husband and one son met us in Worthington and also are foster daughter and the kids. It was fun to see the grandkids again. I had not seen them since February. They were begging to come home with me but I was too tired after driving all day. I should be use to the driving but it was different when I am not stopping in every town.
I spoke too soon. The day we got there was warm but after that we had rain and cool weather almost every day. Even a couple good old fashion thunder storms.
How are you three doing for May shops. I do not have much of anything yet. I sure hope it gets better by tonight. Not much has been released of the ones I normally do yet.
I will probably have to check out some of the other Companies if they aren't released by tonight. I want to get busy again. I do have one to do today. I also did one shop in Springfield while I was there.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  12:59:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Darlene! I have hardly anything set up for May yet. I did accept a theatre check for Saturday. I like doing them, but I'm glad this is Saturday only so it won't tie up the whole weekend. Other than that, the one recurring monthly job I have is it for May so far. I'm probably limiting myself because I don't shop much outside the St. Cloud area, which obviously doesn't have as much as the Cities, but I'm also trying to weigh pay vs. gas too. Hope everyone is having a good week!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  3:05:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My May shops finally came today. I have 108 scheduled now up through the 11th of May. Nothing after that but it will probably change. There are several (about 18) that I am not suppose to do because of rotation but if they are not picked up by the 11th I get them assigned to me. They have not been picked up in the past 3 years so I usually plan on them each month also.
I did one today that was scheduled before I left so am finished now with my April shops. I try to do all my shops the first two weeks of the month and only do bonused shops the next week.
It works out good for me that way. I also get to relax a little after the first two weeks. Not bad if I get a months salary and only have to work two or three days a week for a couple weeks.
Well, better go and get caught up on everything that did not get done the last week while I was gone. For some reason the housework wasnot done while I was gone. Husband was in Denver driving for a bus tour the same days I was gone. He left the same day I did and got home the night before I did. Oldest son was only one here and he goes to work at 8:30 AM and works until 10:00 or 10:30 PM so really was no one around the house much while I was gone. I don't know where all the laundry and dishes came from but they had really piled up.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums