Page: of 16

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  3:59:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy Wednesday Gals!

Glad you got back safely Darlene even though your house sounds like it needs a little help! Sounds like you are lined up with shops for May. I have 30 scheduled for the first two weeks and thats enough for me. The third week we are going up to Two Harbors for a little get away....where do the months go??
I had both boys today..they were good Baylor took his bottles fine (not quite the same as mommy).. I guess I know why you have yourr kids when you are young...I am pooped tonight as I also took Mason to the park..grandpa helped too but we are both tired.
As Mason was going home he said, "Grandma can I have a sleepover this weekend?".. of course I said yes!
Hope you find some more shops, Julie and how are you Servanne?
Have a great rest of the week

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  12:48:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! Has everyone got their May schedules all filled in. I have about 120 shops to do by May 13th now. I don't plan to pick up anymore at this time.

I got home from Springfield,MO on Tuesday and my Dad had a stroke on Wed. night. We are waiting now to see if I have to go back down. The Doctor told Mom yesterday that he has a blood clot on his heart so they are trying to dissolve it with blood thinners. If he does go home soon I may have to go back down for a few days to help Mom or see about putting him in a rest home for awhile. She wants to take him home but time will tell, I guess.
Well, better go but just curious if everyone else was able to get there schedule filled.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  12:57:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene

So sorry to hear about your dad. It is so hard when you are away. I will pray for him!

I have the first two weeks as busy as I want seeing we are doing daycare 2 days a week and then will be gone up North for a week. I have about 40 for May so far. I decided to try gas station audit with pics. Have never done them.. we will see if I like them.

Mason is coming tonite for what he calls a "sleepover and snackover" as grandma has the best snacks.

Have a good weekend...take care and keep us posted on your dad

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  8:13:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What a terrible day Wednesday was.
Darlene, I understand your pain about being so far away. My Dad had a heart attack on Wednesday morning, which would have been middle of the night here for us. He's in the hospital of course. Turns out it's a side effect of his 2002 heart attack. They tried to operate on him on Thursday but the operation was unsuccessful. They were trying to remove excess scar tissue around his heart from the last heart attack as it is causing his heart to race up to 190 bpm and then back down to 30 bpm up to 14 times a day, each time being potentially fatal. I don't fully understand it all, but I know it is serious. He will undergo open heart surgery again on Monday, and this time they will install a permanent defibrillator in his heart. I hope this works. I was torn and wanted to go there but decided against it, as it would only make him wonder how bad the situation really is if I make the trip. And then if everything goes well on Monday, he won't be able to lift anything for a couple of months, so having the girls there and not being able to hold them would be sheer torture for him. So I'll wait and plan a trip later in the summer time.
Darlene, let us know how your Dad is doing. How old is he? My Dad is 63, it's awfully young to be having all these problems.

Take care.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  8:46:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note. Dad passed away Monday morning so I am back in Springfield. It looks like a will be staying here for at least a couple or weeks. We don't want to leave Mom alone right away when the rest of the family leaves.
Servanne, How is your Dad doing? Hope you have better news then I did. He would have been 85 tomorrow. He died two days before his birthday.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  9:05:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Be sure that you and your loved ones are in our thoughts during this difficult time. Take good care of your Mom as this has to be so hard for her.

My Dad's second surgery was a complete success. He now has a machine in his heart to stimulate it if it goes too slow. He has made an amazing recovery, nothing short of a miracle. He should be out of the hospital by tomorrow.

Darlene, let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  05:36:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good Morning

Darlene... I also send my sympathy and prayers. Dads are so special..I lost mine 10 years ago. Your mom will surely need you now. Take care and just focus on mom and yourself!

Servanne.. Glad your news was good..what a relief especially when you are so far away..
All is good here. The babysitting is going well. I hae getting up at 6:30 but otherwise I am happy to do it and I get much more than I give!

Take Care!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  12:50:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene - I'm sorry about your father, and you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Servanne - I'm glad your dad is doing better and hope is recovery continues to go well.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  06:14:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals

Darlene, I was wondering how things were going and if you are home. I lost my dad in 1997 and remember how tough it was. Hope your mom is ok.

Servanne.. Is your dad still doing great. I can only imagine how hard it is so far away.

Well seems as though it will be sunny for a few days..I am happy about that. We are going up to Two Harbors on Sun. for a little get away so am looking forward to that. I am managing to keep busy with shops but my inbox has been a little scarce.

Have a sunny week... Hi to you Julie, too.

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  8:20:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I am still in Missouri with my Mother. We have spent the last couple days getting all the things done that we had to change into Mom's name. Dad had everything so well organized before he got sick that the lawyer told us not to even probate the will as everything would just automatic go right to Mom. He even had put my brothers and myself on almost everything as benificiaries if something were to happen to Mom and we will probably not even have to ever worry about probating anything. He sure made it easy. He even had my brothers on the car title along with Mom.
We spent the last two evenings doing thank you cards and are all caught up with them.
I am hoping to head home either Friday or Sat. I still have a list of things to do so will see how far I can get on that.
I still have all of my May shops to do yet so need to get started on them by Monday.
Servanne, How is your father doing. Are you still planning to go over to see them this year?
I hope you have a good trip Dianne.
Hello Julie. Hope everything is going well for you.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  9:48:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,

My Dad is doing amazingly well. He told me he hasn't felt this good in a long time. The two machines they put in his heart are really helping him a lot. He does not feel as fatigued as he once did and he also feels more confident knowing there is a back-up for his heart if something were to happen. He got home on Wednesday last week and the operation was the previous Monday, 2 days before. that to me is incredible. BTW, the machine he has was made by Medtronic, right here in MN! What a coincidence!
I am still planning on going back this summer. At least that is the plan for now. We would probably go there in August.

Darlene, what a relief that your Dad was such a considerate, organized person. It must have taken away a lot of the stress for you and your siblings, as well of course as for your Mom. I think it's wonderful your Dad thought about every aspect of his finances the way he did. What a great person! (and he was great in many other ways also, I am certain) I hope your Mom is doing OK. Do you have family members out in MO near her? Like Dianne said, these are very difficult times especially when you are far. I know it does not make much of a difference, but we are thinking about you and your family.

If there is anything at all we can do from here, let us know.

My schedule is pretty booked until about the 20th. After that, it looks a bit more quiet. Which is good, because I have been running like a chicken with no head. That, plus all of the school functions and gymnastics before the end of the year, it's been busy around here! I need some rest!

Darlene, let us know when you're back on MN ground. Dianne, enjoy Two Harbors. I love it up there. I am a Grand Marais fan myself, and love going through Gooseberry Falls too. It's so beautiful up there. Julie, I hope everything is fine with you too.

Well, I'm off to bed. Everybody, take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  07:22:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Darlene, did you make it home this week-end? How are you and your Mom doing?

Things are pretty busy around here. Seems like a lot of shopppers are flaking on their assignments and I am picking up a lot of other people's slack! I am so tired, it's not even funny.

But hey, I have a vacation coming up, so it's all good! We're taking the girls to Yellowstone in a couple of weeks. Of course, I already have two hotels, six appartment shops and more gas stations than I care to keep track of...LOL! Some vacation, I'll tell you!

I'll check in later, have a good week.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  11:31:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies!
It's been a little while since I posted so I thought I'd check in. Darlene, I hope you and your mom are doing OK. Are you home yet? Servanne, good luck keeping up with everything and then take time to have some fun on vacation too! Things are going well here although my boys have been driving me nuts today. Thank goodness for nap time! We're expecting #3 in September and I had my ultrasound last week, and everything looked good. My May filled up better than I thought it would. I've got a few things set up for early June and probably won't set up much more. We have 1 trip to WI planned in early June, also have relatives coming at the beginning and end of the month, and accompanying my husband to his major annual convention in Mankato. So not much time for shopping (although I'm debating if I want to pick some jobs up when he's at convention - it might be interesting to shop a new area, but I just have to make sure I can upload the receipts and have Internet access). Hope everyone has a good week.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  1:51:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals

We had a great time in Two Harbors..It was 60 and sunny everyday..Went to Gooseberry Falls and did some shopping too. There were no crowds and we are back now when everyone else is going up North this weekend!!
No big plans for the weekend. I havent got my plants yet so will probably do that. I have two "shopping days" next week and then in June my "San Diego Mystery Shopping sister" is coming to visit. We always have fun.
Hope things are going ok for you Darlene and your mom too. Its a tough time for all. Hope your dad is still doing weell, Servanne. Congrats Julie on the new baby!!!
Everyone have a happy and safe weekend!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  6:38:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sorry I am so slow in responding on this thread. Hi everyone. I got home last Friday and started doing my shops on Sat. and have been busy every day since. I had 107 shops to get done by the 25th. I finally e-mailed my scheduler and asked if I would be able to do two of the routes next week as I needed time in between to get reports done. They were very understanding and spaced them out a little more for me. I at least have one day now between shops to do reports.

I will be up in your area's tomorrow. Is HWY 7 closed now? I am trying to work my schedule around it. I will be in Cold Springs also Julie. I have one shop there. Do you know most of the people in Cold Springs. I have a couple very old friends there. One of them was my teacher in country school 55 years ago in Sauk Centre.
Better go and get reports done. I have three left of the 29 shops I did yesterday.
My Mom is doing quite well. We are really trying to get her closer to either myself or my brother. I sure hope we can before Winter.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  8:48:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene - welcome back! Wow- 107 shops by the 25! That sounds insane. It's great that the schedulers were understanding and you have some more time. Good luck getting all the reports done. As to your Cold Spring question, I don't know that many people in town. We've only lived here for 3 years. My husband is the pastor of one of the smaller churches in town, and so most of the people I know are from church. Hope your stop here goes well! I have relatives coming tomorrow for one night, and then Sunday we'll go down to Litchfield for one night - my husband's grandparents live there and we go often in the summer and get together with other relatives too. I hope you all have a good weekend!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  04:54:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now that's funny! I'll have Julie 20 miles to the west, Dianne 20 miles to the East, Darlene right in my home town...and I won't be here!
Darlene, Hwy 7 is indeed closed and it's a real pain. If you're coming from Watertown, you can take 20 to Winsted, that turns into 5 in McLeod county and take a left on 2, you'll hook back up with 7 right in Silver Lake. If you're coming from Victoria, keep on going on 5 and you'll have to take a right at 2 in Glencoe, and you'll get back on 7 in...Silver Lake! It's all about by passing 7 to get here!

I am glad to hear that your Mom is doing well. My Dad has returned to the hospital for some minor adjustment in the way the pacemaker is set. It was going too fast for his "normal" rate, so they had to slow it down. He was having problems with severe edema and what not. But that's resolved and he is back home.

We are getting ready for our trip. Well kinda...! I work better at the last minute. Or is it because I don't work enough unil the last minute? Hmmm...

Have a great week-end and drive safe.

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  11:24:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is everyone OK with the storms that came through parts of the state Sunday afternoon?

Five miles away seemed far enough from the storm, until it got extremely quiet and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I immediately got into the car and did my best to turn the car around without driving it into the ditch. It starts raining and I tell my husband to "hold on." Good thing I did since I slammed on the brakes and pulled into this wayside rest that just "happened" to be there. About a quarter mile down the road it looked like SNOW was falling. It started to hail quarter-inch stones, and then a deafening sound was heard. I thought it was a tornado, but it was the sound of tree branches breaking due to the hail. Then these five-inch hailstones pounded my car, breaking the front window in three places. My husband got out of the car (!!) I soon followed because the last thing I wanted was a hailstone to smack my head when it fell to the ground at...however fast, LOL.

Now I know why storm chasers wear hardhats. My hands are a bit hurt and it fees like I broke my wrists and hand, other than that, my husband and I are OK.

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  5:45:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That will be a story you will tell your kids and grandkids!!
Glad you and your husband are doing OK though.
We were in Hugo, Forest Lake and Coon Rapids about one hour before the storm, for shops. As we were leaving the area, we were just commenting on how mean the sky looked.
How is everybody else? Darlene, were you in the area?

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  8:58:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda - glad you're OK! Servanne - glad you missed it and are OK too. We had a quick storm move through Sunday morning and that was it here.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums