Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  02:38:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Julie.

I'm 21. I've been on my own for about a year, and it's really hard asking my parents for the car so I can complete the 25+ shops I have to complete within the next month (that I've scheduled so far). I took my car to the body shop and it's expensive to repair. Where are the body shop "shops" when you need them? Haha.. I found one but what I have isn't collision damage, obviously.

I received a message from one of the ladies about a group, but I deleted it thinking it was spam. Any idea what I'm thinking of?

MSPA Gold certified
I shop the greater Charlotte area.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  07:47:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda,
Will you insurance cover the damage? If you have insurance coverage, they should pay for the repairs. At least the windshield should be free.

You are referring to Lisa Van De Steeg. She is wonderful. She organizes get-togethers for shoppers in MN to meet. She is not a spammer. Her group is made of people who merchandise, shop and do odd jobs as independent contractors. She does not ask for money or anything like that. Actually, she does not ask for anything in return! She contacts the new shoppers she notices on the board to let them know about the group.
I have personally never made it to a meeting, but I have had known Lisa for a while now. Darlene and Dianne also know about her. Julie, I don't know if you have ever met Lisa. Anyways, it's not spam!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  11:00:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a $500 deductible that I'm splitting with my parents ONLY because the windshield isn't free and I'm paying for it. I need a new hood, driver side doors, and trunk door. :( Estimate came to about $5200.. I didn't know a 2006 Focus was worth that much. Oh well.

How do I contact Lisa Van De Steeg?

MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  05:48:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll PM you her e-mail.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

Amanda MN

Charlotte, NC
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  04:54:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information, hopefully I'll make it to the next meeting!

My car came back from the shop yesterday. Insurance called it a loss, but repaired it anyway. I don't think there's anything that's not new on my car. Now I have my car back, I'm looking forward to doing more shops. My car doesn't use as much gas as the parents' minivan. Joy!

MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  05:28:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! Everyone must be really busy. No one seems to have been around for awhile. I am wrapping up my shops for the month Sat. I only took about 4 days this month. I need a break. There are always those bonus shops though that come up. I have already done several of those this month. I have another one scheduled for today. I had a call yesterday. I kept upping the fee until I got it about 8 times the normal fee. I did not tell him I was already going to that town today. I just have to leave a little earlier. It is about 180 miles round trip so I got my gas paid for anyway.
Servanne, Have you been to Yellowstone yet. Let us know about your trip.
Is anyone going to the meeting Lisa arranged. I am not sure yet if it is going to work. I would love to get to at least one meeting sometime. It would be fun to meet everyone.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  12:04:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone - Darlene, you're right, everyone must be really busy. We just got back from a long weekend in Wisconsin last night, visiting my parents. Now we're home until Sunday, then to Mankato for 5 days for my husband's convention. I have a few shops to do later this week and that's it for June, which is OK because we're so busy with other things. It was actually nice over the weekend to not check e-mail! Servanne, are you back from Yellowstone? Hope it was a fun vacation. I won't be at Thursday's meeting, hope to make it to one in the future, hope those of you who go enjoy it.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  12:22:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, I am leaving this coming Thursday, the 12th, which is also my daughter Zoe's 6th birthday.
It's a bit stressful around here as I have to prepare for two weeks on the road, get ready for the 96 shops I have planned so far for the trip and report on the 11 shops I still have outstanding from the past couple of days.
But it'll be done!

Can't procrastinate too much though, so I'd better go or I'll be here all day!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  3:31:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I want to the mystery shopping meeting last Thursday. It was only myself and Lisa. LOL! We had a fun time chatting about our experiences in the mystery shopping world. I look forward to meeting the rest of you at another meeting.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Wenthold - Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  8:26:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SarahAnn, I am so glad to have you join us on this forum. We are a small group but look forward to meeting all of the other Gopher State people.
I was wondering how that meeting went. That is too bad there was such a poor turn out. It is a three hour drive for me and this is just a bad time of the month for me to get away. The first two or two and a half weeks of the month are my busiest.
Now we will have to try to get Lisa to join us on here a little more often.
Servanne, Have you left for the west yet. I sure hope you have a good trip.
Dianne, How are you doing? Are you still babysitting some days.
Julie, How are you feeling? We haven't heard from you for awhile.
Amanda, Did you get your car back to do your shops yet?

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

HawDianne
Contributor

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  06:22:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi to all of you!

Boy our little group has grown..thats great! You can tell it is summer as far as our posts here go..everyone is busy.

My sister is visiting from San Diego(she is a shopper there) so we have been having a great time and I think she brought this gorgeous weather with her. Next week we are going up to Nisswa for a few days as we went up there as kids and she has not been back. We are looking forward to the fun shopping there (not the kind you make $$ at..the kind you spend!)

I am watching my adorable grandkids two days a week and loving it. The baby is 3 months and really starting to coo and talk

Well I hope all my Mn. MS friends are having a great summer. Have a good week!

Dianne
Silver cerified
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  8:57:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies - Just trying to catch up on everything. We got back from Mankato this afternoon. My husband's conference actually goes until tomorrow, but he was called back early for a funeral, which is tomorrow morning. It was a little stressful this morning as I had scheduled a shop in Mankato, went as soon as the timeframe allowed, but it took longer than I expected, and then rush 2+ hours home so my husband could meet with the family. But fortunately it all worked out. I don't have any more shops for the rest of the month and plan to keep it that way. We have a busy weekend with several birthday celebrations, and then cleaning the house to get ready for visitors again. Darlene, thanks for asking about me - other than being busy I'm feeling pretty good, and the baby seems to be doing well. Dianne, enjoy your visit with your sister, and I hope everyone else has a good rest of the week and weekend.

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  4:56:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope we have another meeting in July. I am excited to meet the rest of you.

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  9:45:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, Are you back yet? How did your trip go. How do you do your reports while you are gone that long. Do you have a scanner for your receipts? I have my laptop and a scanner but have not figured out how to use that scanner. I have no problem with the one at home but my laptop scanner is another story.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  9:55:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, Where is everyone? Have not heard from anyone for a long time. Are you back Servanne? I will be heading up your way again on Sat. Everyone must be really busy. I have a very full month. I think this is probably the most shops I have scheduled in one month by this time of the month for a long time. I have shops scheduled already for the last two weeks of the month even. It sounds worse then it is. I only have shops scheduled for 8 days this month but about 20-30 each day.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  10:32:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I got back last Thursday but have been so busy since, it's a shame!
I have had a lot of last minute June shops to do for some of my fav schedulers and then my regular July shops started right away. I have not even had time to do the laundry from the trip yet, I've been so busy!

Darlene, you were asking about how I report while on the road. Well I have a laptop and I had an aircard for internet access this time around, so even though we camped a lot, I was able to enter my reports the next day until we hit the very remote areas where there were a lot of shops. I still had about 40 reports left to do when we got home out of the 96 I did. As for the receipts, I just take a digital photo of them and upload them that way. I've never had an issue doing it this way.
I would have to say that it takes quite some organization skills to keep everything neat and clean, but that did not bother me. It's the third time I do a 4-states route, so I'm getting used to it.
We had a great trip otherwise, we went to wonderful places like Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, Devil's Tower and Glacier National Park. And of course more of the Rocky Mountains in Montana than I ever want to see again! We also traveled every road in Wyoming that was on that map (I'm not kidding!!). It was simply awesome!

We just can't wait to hit the road again and are seriously looking at available shops going toward Tennessee and Kansas and the Carolinas for August.
I know, it's nuts!

I hope everyone is doing well, but judging by the sparse comments on here, we're all crazy busy this summer! Yeah, more for everybody!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  07:08:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are heading the same direction about the 30th of August. I have to drive my Mom's car out to Seattle for her. She is going to be flying but wants her car when she gets out there. We will be going to the Black Hills and Yellowstone for sure but not sure what else. When we get ready to come home we will rent a car so will not be stopping much. She told me to take our time when we go out. I have been that way but it has been several years. My son's have never been West of Sioux Falls and my husband has only been that way in either the bus or a truck so has done no sightseeing.
I will be going to Springfield,MO the 18th of August to help Mom get rid of everything and then will take her to Kansas City to fly from there. I think someone from either Alaska or Seattle is going to meet us in Kansas City to fly with her.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  9:22:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Servanne, glad you got back and had a good trip. I don't think I could do so many shops on a trip like that. I'm finding more shops than usual for early July. Hoping to get in contact with one company this weekend, which will be hard due to the holiday. I applied for a shop and said I could do it this Saturday, the shop was assigned to me with a Saturday due date, but has to be done between Monday - Friday. So I e-mailed the scheduler and got the automated response that the office is closed for the holiday and they'll get back to me on Monday. I'm going to try calling tomorrow morning before we leave for relatives and again on Saturday in the hopes that a live person is there. I don't want to do the shop and not get paid for doing it on the wrong day, but I don't know what else to do if I can't get a live person.

Darlene, it's a little way off but I hope you enjoy your trip west. Will you be spending much time in Seattle? I spent 3 weeks doing job training there a few years ago and loved it. I've only driven that way twice - once when I moved from WI to Oregon and then moving from OR to MN. On the way out, I was on my honeymoon and we stopped in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, but on the move back we didn't have time. We're hoping to get out that way again sometime with our kids.
Have a good holiday and a good weekend!

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  3:25:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I was in 2nd grade we lived in Longview, Washington. After we left there and came back to MN we went back once a year until I graduated. My gradparents were still living out there at that time. I have not been back since and that was 45 years ago. My fathers family all lives in Washington and OR. so am really looking forward to seeing all of them again.
My brother just moved to Seattle and now with Mom being out there we hope to make the once a year trip again. My niece has 2 year old twins and she also lives in Seattle and I have not seen the boys so am really looking forward to that. She does send lots of pictures though by e-mail.
I don't think I will be doing many shops on the way out or back. We plan to make this a real vacation instead of a working one.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn

Saint Paul, Minnesota
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  11:58:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have you guys seen Applebees shopped lately in the Twin Cities?

Thanks,
Sarah

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums