Page: of 5

AnnInChicago
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2004 :  10:11:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi
I did several shops in Jan. and have not been paid. The orginal email said I would be paid on Feb. 20. I contacted them in Feb. and they said that is when processing begins. It is now March 22 and nothing. Anyone have any feeback on them? How long does it take to push the paypal send money button?

Rachael Collinsworth
Star Contributor

Winchester, Kentucky
USA
403 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  04:06:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had one experience with them and it was a bad one. There was a round of digital photo shops that many of us weren't getting paid for. I made some posts here about not being paid and received a very nasty call from them. In addition, because I was "badmouthing her client" the scheduling company also deactivated me with a few none too kind words of their own.
In the end, they go on my short list of "Never Again [in a hundred million years]".

Rachael Collinsworth
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping much of Central KY
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  04:10:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done different types of assignments for Cirrus Marketing and the only problem I've ever had was an assignment for a digital photo project. The problem was mine, not theirs -- as I used the wrong resolution. I went back and redid the shop. Once I submitted the correct pictures, I got paid with no problem.

I'm not negating other shoppers' experiences with Cirrus Marketing. But, I can honestly say that as long as I did my part correctly and submitted the necessary invoices, I got paid on time. In fact, Cirrus Marketing even gave me a bonus for my efforts on one shop -- even when I could not complete the assignment. (The problem was on the client's end, not mine.)

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Melissa G

Sacramento, CA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  04:49:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done apts for Cirrus and have one still pending from Jan to be paid. They always take forever to pay but I have always been paid. It usually has been 2 months on average. Since it is only apt shops I do for them I am not out any of my own pocket money but in 3 years I have always been paid by them.

Melissa Gardner
MSPA silver certified shopping for 6 years all over the Sacramento region
Go to Top of Page

DiannaPhillips
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  07:06:07 AM  Visit DiannaPhillips's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a digital shop for Cirrus last fall. I was paid within the time frame I was told. No problem. DI
Go to Top of Page

ElaineHN
Star Contributor

Georgia
USA
462 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  07:58:07 AM  Visit ElaineHN's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them last July and was paid last September ... it wasn't super quick but it seems like a reasonable turn around time considering that there are other companies who use Sassie who pay during the second month after the month in which you submit a shop. (Such as a shop I did on 1/5/04 was not paid till 3/18/04. It's a long time to wait for payment, but it's my choice whether or not to shop for the company, right? )

Anyway, I don't remember having any problems with Cirrus. The only odd thing I've noticed is that my shop does not show up on my log on the Cirrus (Sassie) site ... and it also does not show up on the (Sassie) log of the scheduling service through which I received the shop. Seems like it should be somewhere?!?!?

Elaine

~*~ Shopping West Georgia (Carrollton, Douglasville, Newnan, etc.) & Metro Atlanta ~*~
MSPA Gold Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

KansasCarla

Wichita, KS
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  10:02:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I did 2 digital photo jobs for them back in April and I still haven't been paid. Luckily I didn't have to spend any of my own money.

I've sent my invoice in twice and still have not heard anything. It seems they would have paid after almost 4 months. That's quite a long time to wait, even in this business.

I am totally bummed and hope they will eventually respond. I have been doing this type of work for a year and a half and have never had this happen before.

KansasCarla
Shopper/Merchandiser
MSPA Silver Certified
Passed NARMS proficiency test
Go to Top of Page

KimberSoCA
Valued Contributor

Sherman Oaks, CA
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  09:01:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for them over 4 years and have not had any problems getting paid. I did notice that since they have started using Paypal to pay their shoppers, payments have been quicker.

Kimberly
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Los Angeles area
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  08:23:22 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only shops I take from them is through one of my favorite schedulers, Miss Francine. I have always been paid as stated. I was surprised to see there was an issue with them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Kimmme
Star Contributor

Costa Mesa, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  12:01:08 PM  Send Kimmme an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a digital shop for them. They were friendly and quick to respond. Payment was timely and I would be more than happy to work again for them.

Kim
MSPA Gold 8/2004
Shopping in Orange County, CA
Go to Top of Page

KansasCarla

Wichita, KS
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  10:37:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE--I just wanted to let everyone know I got paid! Derek sent me a very nice email, letting me know the reason my payment was delayed. There was a mistake with my email address, so he corrected it, and the money is now in my PayPal account.

KansasCarla
Shopper/Merchandiser
MSPA Silver Certified
Passed NARMS proficiency test
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  12:45:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was curious because I did a shop back in November, and when I inquired about payment earlier today they did pay me, but somehow $1.61 was deducted from the shop fee. I did fax the invoice form the day the shop was completed, but got an e-mail saying it was never received. No reply yet back from them as to if that is the reason for the $1.61 being deducted even though I've offered to re-submit the invoice if necessary. Has anyone else ever encountered this?

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

AmyHoffy
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  07:17:24 AM  Visit AmyHoffy's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, can anyone help me connect with Francine, who schedules for Cirrus now?

(I've changed e-mail addresses, and can no longer access my old messages. I also can't get a password reminder 'cause it will go to the now non-existent e-mail address. And while my comcast account came with a notifcation & forwarding service, I really goofed. It forwarded every message from the old inbox with that day's current date, so I moved everything into the "screened mail" folder. Well it was set to delete after 3 days! So it's all gone bye-bye, and so has the msn account. I hope this saves somebody this headache!)

Anyway, I think I'm about due for a payment for a FUN shop done in mid-August. Does that sound about right for their payment schedule?

Thanks,

Amy

Princess Amy Grace
MSPA Gold Certified 10/14/2006
Go to Top of Page

Bryan in Tacoma

Tacoma, WA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  12:01:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Amy,

I am not sure if I am allowed to give out her email address on this forum, however if you email me, I will send it to you. I also did a shop for them in August, and did not realize that I had to send an invoice to Cirrus. Francine, was wonderful in sending me an invoice form, I filled it out and faxed it to them, I had payment the next day in my PalPal account. Great company and great scheduler!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

AmyHoffy
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  12:12:53 PM  Visit AmyHoffy's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I've e-mailed you.

I did send an invoice back in August, but it was when their inbox crashed. I resent it through Francine. I guess I'll ask her to follow up for me when I get her address.

Amy

Princess Amy Grace
MSPA Gold Certified 10/14/2006
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  12:26:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any current feedback on this company?
Go to Top of Page

Bessie N.

Pennsylvania
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  3:33:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have some interesting shops. You may wait much longer than even the 45 days they state in their instructions before you will be paid. Don't forget to also send them an invoice.

Bessie N.
Go to Top of Page

DebbiM
Contributor

Redondo Beach, CA
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  9:53:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a shop for this company In April. I should have ben paid in June. I sent my invoice back in April as required. I emailed Francine the end of June about not getting paid. She provided the email address and suggested I send my invoice again as I should have been paid at the beginning of June. I resent the invoice the end of June and have still gotten no response or payment from this company.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Debbi
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bessie N.

Pennsylvania
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  2:24:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hounded them for five months without getting paid. I am changing my opinion on them to "avoid." They did not answer my calls or e-mails, and said that they did not receive an invoice I sent many, many times.

Bessie N.
Go to Top of Page

Francine Bryan
Valued Contributor

Marlboro, NJ
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  12:31:37 PM  Visit Francine Bryan's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My company schedules shops for Cirrus Marketing Consultants. Usually, if a shopper does not receive payment on time, it is because they did not invoice or Cirrus Marketing Consultants did not receive their invoice. However, if anyone still has any outstanding payment issues, please contact me directly with your full name, date of shop, type of shop, and payment due. I will be happy to assist you by contacting Cirrus Marketing Consultants to resolve the payment issue.

I believe everyone that has posted here has been paid, but if not, please let me know. They do pay on a regular basis and you usually do not have to contact them about payment. When you do contact them, they are very responsive and do resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Francine Bryan
scheduler@qualityscheduling.com
Quality Scheduling Group LLC
http://www.qualityscheduling.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cortney

San Jose, CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  10:19:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an offer to shop an international build it yourself furniture store. Has anyone done this shop? The fee is high and I am afraid it will be VERY labor intensive.

Cortney
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums