Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  05:17:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Francine Bryan

Susan, if you wish to contact me personally, I have already posted my contact information. I will not bother responding further in this forum, since you have decided to take a personal offense towards a company that denied you pay for not completing a shop according to the instructions. I simply posted to make other shoppers aware that this shop is nothing like you described.

In fact, I do not see any truth in your response either. Shoppers I have dealt with personally know that our company treats shoppers well because we could not do our job without them. However, your posts were full of things that were simply not true. We stand behind our shoppers and when they do a good job for us, we ensure they are paid in a timely manner and that they are given preference for future shops for our company, as well as our clients.

honestly it's posts like this one that would make me NEVER do this shop. I'd be curious to know if the poster has EVER done this shop herself? it's very easy to SAY it's not that bad/hard to sucker people into taking them, it's another to actually have DONE the shop and endured the reports....food for thought! I have read horror stories about this particular shop and wouldn't ever even consider it. especially if they take that long to pay...NOPE no way!

Madge
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:15:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In case anyone else is wondering, this is the response that I got when I emailed.

"Payments go out around the 15th of every month. But they are delayed about two months, so November payments will go out around the 15th of January. Thank you!"
Go to Top of Page

BetteNan
Valued Contributor

Newtown, PA
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  4:28:08 PM  Visit BetteNan's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm going to chime in here...this (the furniture shop) is one of those shops on my "ten foot pole list." I did one of these shops. Keep in mind I got a 10 and was paid. But you know when you have to do that much detailed work and the client is too cheap to reimburse you for your food. To be honest, although I was very familiar with the store and the layout I struggled and was surprised with the great score. I say shopper beware. It's quite a bit of work for not a lot of reward, when you factor the work involved and the required food purchase.

Bette Nan
MSPA Gold M1anhz... shopping Beautiful Bucks County, PA and Center City Philly
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  5:38:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They just posted a shop in NY: Hicksville. That sounds like it is in the middle of no where. But I just googled it and it is on Long Island.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Susan L
Star Contributor

Westchester County, New York
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  5:45:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's actually in walking distance of the Hicksville station on the LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) commuter train.

Susan L.
Go to Top of Page

SwatLauren
Trainee

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  4:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had trouble with this company recently? I did the dreaded furniture shop in April, and still haven't been paid. My emails have gone unanswered. What to do now?
Go to Top of Page

RachelFL
Apprentice

FL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  2:16:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a missing payment recently. I contacted the person that my invoice was originally sent to via e-mail. The problem was very quickly found and I received payment the next day.

Rachel
Go to Top of Page

SheenaC

CT
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  8:15:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you submit a invoice? ^^^^

Sheena
Shopping CT
Go to Top of Page

SwatLauren
Trainee

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  10:26:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It turns out, I didn't submit an invoice! Luckily I talked to Francine, and they're willing to accept my invoice way past the 3 month deadline. I'm very relieved now.
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  7:49:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The furniture shop with the long narratives is an awful lot of work for the compensation. I have to concur with the 140 word per minute typist; unless you are a typing machine the input is amongst the longest of any shop Ive done. (approximately 4000 over 10 years of MS). Figure 3-6 hours input for a typical typist again greatly dependent on spell check and speed.

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

TeresaWDEG

South East Los Angeles County, CA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  5:31:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope they resolve my issue. I did the furniture shop back in July of '09. I sent an invoice but was not paid. I recontacted them and am waiting to hear if and when and how it will be resolved.

Specializing in the suburban cities of South East Los Angeles County
Go to Top of Page

TeresaWDEG

South East Los Angeles County, CA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  9:48:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard immediately from the company. They had me send another invoice.I was paid a few hours later.

Specializing in the suburban cities of South East Los Angeles County
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  11:26:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amazing but true--

IRS Long Form(with 10 W-9's!)-4 1/2 hours 5,500 refund

Furniture store shop input- 6 hours about 1% of that.

Never thought I'd feel gleeful on tax day.

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

Kathie Rost
Contributor

Murrieta, CA
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  9:41:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, now Isee they are claiming to have simplified the form on that shop...maybe having a little trouble filling them other than with newbies?

Kona Kathie
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  1:41:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, so they pay about two months after the shop is done? I did one of these big furniture stores at the end of June, so I guess I should be paid by the end of August or mid-September. I got a 9 rating, so I hope they don't find some reason not to pay. I'm pretty sure I submitted an invoice.

BTW, I spent five hours in the store and AT LEAST two hours on the report. But I'm still a newbie. I actually didn't dislike the shop and everything I had to do, everyone was super nice to me and I enjoy the food there. But it was exhausting.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  5:30:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing these shops approx twice a year for the last few years and they have definitely gotten easier over time as I became more familiar with the store and the report. I spend about 2 hours in the store and a little less than 2 hours on the report. Since I work right down the road, I don't really have to factor in gas so the pay works out to about $20 an hour which I'm quite happy with. One thing I've learned is to try to schedule them for a weekday rather than the weekend since it is much busier then.

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JonathanP

Allentown, PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  02:57:06 AM  Send JonathanP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I'd have to concur with most everyone here.

This shop is a bear. Don't expect it to be easy if you're taking it; it's not. For what it pays, you earn every nickel of it with hard work, it's not a "piece of cake" shop.

That being said, if you're considering this shop...

Allow at LEAST three hours in-store... four if you're not a veteran shopper. Realize that you've gotta keep moving to make it even in that time frame.

And if you're expecting this to be an easy, high-payoff shop... it's not. As other people have said, there's SIXTEEN departments to evaluate, and each one of them could stand on its own as a full mystery shop.

It's good, I guess, if you're aware of what you're getting into.

Otherwise, beware!!!
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  7:51:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Need to add that the "invoice"requirement which is really a duplicitous and completely unnecessary requirement is just another reason to put this company on the ten foot pole list.
I had to submit the invoice twice to get payment and and at first I was only promised 50% of my shopper fee! I protested and mentioned the letters M S P A and was then told I would get full payment which I did about 30 days later. I'm glad to be "getting out of Dodge" on this one.

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  1:33:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I figured that I'd give my ...

I just did the furniture shop on December 4. I still haven't been paid, but I don't believe that they got my invoice when I completed the shop. I just resubmitted it this week, so hopefully, I'll be paid soon.

I got an 8 on the shop when I did it because it "was lacking major detail." I knew what I was getting myself into and am pretty familiar with the location that I shopped (roughly half of the furniture in my house has come from there). It took me close to 3 hours to complete (and I forget how long the report took, but I know it was a good amount of time). My personal preference is not to do the shop again. But that is a choice we have with every shop that we do. This shop is for some people and it is not for some (most) people.

The contact with Francine was quick and helpful when I did inquire about payment. I also received a quick reply from the invoice email address when I submitted the invoice this week (which leads me to believe that I did not submit the invoice previously).

Anyway, in summary. I would do shops with Cirrus again (unless something happens to my payment), but I would NOT do the furniture shop again. There is really nothing wrong with it, but it just doesn't meet my requirements in terms of work/reward ratio.

Matthew

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

BrenLee1
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  12:24:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad to know that I was not the only one not yet paid for December shops. The guidelines did say February 15, so I patiently waited. I double-checked my sent email and found that I did indeed send the invoice. I've resent the email and hopefully all goes well.

As far as the shop, yes, it is a lot of work. I usually only take it when I want to go there anyway and there is a bonus.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums