Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  2:01:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an update on my payment. I emailed them on 3/12 and received a reply on 3/15 saying that I would receive my payment on 3/18. I haven't... I just sent an email following up with them.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

AlisaH

Roswell, Georgia
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  08:53:12 AM  Visit AlisaH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a furniture shop for them in January and was expecting payment around mid-March. I just e-mailed them 3/21, they said January payments would go out Thursday (yesterday, 3/24). Still no payment. E-mailed again this morning and was told payments were going out today. I hope.

Alisa Hug
Director of Quality Assurance
Service SCouts
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  11:41:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my money today! Just transferred from Paypal to my bank! :)

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

JonathanP

Allentown, PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  11:19:46 PM  Send JonathanP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would strongly advise anyone who's thinking of doing the furniture store shop to go back and read the last few pages.

Since some schedulers are breaking confidentiality and outing those who did not complete the shop, I'll volunteer the info: I turned this shop back in unfinished and unpaid.

This shop requires EXTENSIVE narrative for EACH of its many sections.

I've never done any of the other shops Cirrus offers. They might be well worth it. The furniture shop, on the other hand, isn't. Period. Someone might protest that the furniture store shop is great, but unless you're seriously only taking two hours in the store and another hour to enter the report, just look at what you are / are not making.
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  12:20:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check to make sure that you submit invoices. I did not know I needed any invoice for assignment completed on Sassie platform. I happened to discover I did not have receipt for that furniture assignment from October last year. I emailed the scheduler who notified me that I needed to submit invoice. I emailed the invoce for two assignments Oct and Feb this year and waiting for payment.

It seems suspicious to require invoice submission and that no one informs you one must be submittd for payment.

On a side note, the furniture shop takes good 4+ hours easily if you are actually honest shopper and do assignments with integrity. Add about two hours for report; and yes, another hour to submit "clarification."

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

AlisaH

Roswell, Georgia
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  1:25:54 PM  Visit AlisaH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just as a follow-up to my post in March, I did get paid for the furniture shop on March 25. I did another furniture shop in July and the guidelines specifically stated, "July shops will be paid mid-end September, via PayPal." I also did an apartment shop in August, the guidelines stating I would be paid by the end of the month following the month the shop was completed (ie., for this shop, September). I emailed to check payment status and was told the payment policy has been changed and that now shops are paid 3 months after the end of the month the shop was performed. Is it common for MSPs to change their payment policies and not tell their shoppers?

Alisa Hug
Service SCouts
Go to Top of Page

TammiT
Contributor

Paramus, New Jersey
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  9:17:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alisa, you are not the only person that was caught off guard with the change in payment policy. I personally enjoyed the furniture store shops as I knew the layout for all of the local stores within a 400 mile radius. You CAN get in and out of the store in 2-3 hours as long as you have a game plan PLUS get all of your interactions without problems.

But the new payment policy will definitely put a damper in my future acceptance of the shops. its sad.

ETA: Although I was promised payment by the end of October, here it is currently four days into the new month without payment OR an answer to my email. Has anyone else heard from the company or received their JULY payment yet?

Tammi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

POhlott2

PA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  1:00:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every time I do one of these shops I tell myself I will not do it again, because they do take several hous in the store, plus travel time, plus report entry time. I pretty much won't even consider one anymore unless there is a bonus on it and I want to do some actual shopping at the store for myself anyway, because the hourly rate is so low otherwise... but I do know what I'm getting into, and the scheduler has been really nice and accomodating.

However, the payment issue is really disturbing. I did a shop Aug 27 and as of Nov 29 am still waiting for pay. I submitted an invoice immediately after submitting the shop. When I asked for an update on pay about a week ago, the scheduler had said that Aug shops were scheduled to be paid mid to late November. When I contacted the person who handles the payments to make sure my invoice had been received, I was told I would be paid at the end of November. I guess they meant that literally....they have one more day.

In my experience, other m.s. companies are paying more quickly now, not more slowly, particularly since so many have moved to Paypal. In some cases I am getting paid within 2 weeks. Very few take more than a month anymore. Why should it take this company THREE months?!?!?!

Patricia
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Philadelphia area, NJ and Delaware
Go to Top of Page

POhlott2

PA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  6:47:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still waiting for my pay from August. November ends in 2 1/4 hours. Maybe it will be there when I wake up....

Patricia
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

AlisaH

Roswell, Georgia
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  6:56:33 PM  Visit AlisaH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow. Just realized I did not post a follow up. After inquiring further, I found out they had not received either invoice, although I had email records of sending them. Anyway, they did a good job of making sure I got paid within a few days. I accepted another furniture shop for this weekend with a nice bonus.

Alisa Hug
Service SCouts
Go to Top of Page

POhlott2

PA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:53:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you finally got paid, Alisa! Still waiting here....

That's another problem with this whole email invoice thing - if they screw up, it's easy for them to claim they never received it, and it can be difficult for you to prove otherwise....

Patricia
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

POhlott2

PA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  07:51:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, it just gets worse and worse with this company. I heard back from their payment processor this morning after another inquiry, and I was told that Aug. payments would be posted on Tuesday Dec. 6, due to "the hold from Paypal." No idea what they're talking about here...but then they should have processed payments earlier to ensure shoppers RECEIVED payments when they were supposed to. I am done with this company for sure.

Patricia
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

POhlott2

PA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  07:27:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The saga continues. I sent a letter to the CEO of the company detailing my concerns about their payment process/policy. She did not respond, but I did get a response from their payment processor apologizing for the inconvenience, and saying that I would be paid yesterday. However, I still have not received any payment. UGH!

Patricia
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  05:21:36 AM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you get payment yet. I am currently waiting on payment for a shop completed in September that should have been paid the end of December. I emailed yesterday. I do have an email confirmation sent that said they received my invoice. I am no kind of glad that the second apartment shop I was to do at the same time got cancelled because the target no longer worked for the company. I would be waiting on two payments instead of 1.

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  7:56:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked for information on when my Sept 30 shop would be paid a few weeks ago and was told "mid-December." When Dec. came and went, I emailed again. Same question and now the payment date is (supposedly) Jan. 6. We'll see. This was a very easy, nicely bonused shop, and I'd have been happy to do two more in late Dec. that they couldn't get filled, IF I had received payment as promised by mid-Dec.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  12:50:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No surprise, no payment or notice of pending payment today, Jan. 6...
I'm OK with a long payment timeframe, as it's my choice to wait, but
ONLY if the payment does then arrive when it is "supposed" to.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  1:19:01 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard anything either. I did get a response that told me since my shop was completed at the end of September and I did not invoice until the first of October that I might have to wait until Feb. I am okay waiting as long as it does show up when I am told it will be. So if you tell me that it will be paid the end of Dec please pay the end of Dec. I feel that three months is plenty long to get the payment processed. But now it is Jan...

Emily
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2012 :  5:12:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed directly to the company today, not to my scheduler, and explained my shop timeline and the three payment inquiries (all with different response information)I had made. I asked that my payment be deposited to my PayPal account immediately. In less than an hour, I received notice from both the company and PayPal that my money was deposited. YAY!

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  05:26:03 AM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No payment for me yet. I sent and email this morning. Lets see what the response is now.

Emily
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  07:07:22 AM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received payment about 1 hr after the email was sent. :)

Emily
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums