Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

.PamMercer
Inactive

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2004 :  2:15:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company has contacted me regarding merchandising work in sunglasses and jewelry. I can't seem to find any info on them. Does anyone know anything about them? Thanks so much!

DonnaZ

Chesterland, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  10:20:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have any first hand knowledge of this company but I have been told through the 'grapevine'...that this is an excellent company. One that I have been watching for an opening in my area...alas, no such luck yet. I would grab the job!
Go to Top of Page

AmandaVA

Fairfax, VA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2004 :  10:25:54 AM  Send AmandaVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them in the past... great company. They pay fast and are reliable. The forms were also simple to fill out.

Gold Certified- Northern VA, DC and MD
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2004 :  10:04:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the website for this? I didn't see one that would match this company in the A section at the Merchandising Company list. I was approached by one of the manager's at the store where I merchandise other things and she asked if I was interested in doing this company too because the store is very unhappy with the current rep because she never shows up. They have 2 cart loads of things to put out but if a store employee does it then this rep gets mad at them and tells them that they are doing it wrong. She hasn't been there for 5 weeks I told the manager that I was interested but wanted to find out about the company first before I had them give my name and number. Can anyone tell me how many hours a week this entails? Or anything about the pay? I realize that we shouldn't give out too many details but if someone could just give me a range in what they pay, I would really be greatful. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  06:08:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started for AAI/Foster Grant and have not formed an opinion yet. It does seem like quite a bit of work for very little money. We shall see. At any rate, all management and office personnel with whom I've dealt were well-organized and pleasant and the first pay check came the day promised. The amount of work depends upon which stores they currently service in your area but they do seem to have quite a few openings. You may want to visit http://www.narms.com and search the job listings. I saw one this month for Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Mississippi . Don't have any phone numbers except for my supervisor and the service-call in number.
Go to Top of Page

Amelia
Valued Contributor

Gresham, Oregon
USA
103 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  06:42:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to NARMS and plug in Job Number 1089921867. That is the only currant listing for AAi/Foster Grant. They are currantly working on their USA website.

Amelia
I'm certified! Silver #p0t0iz
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  11:00:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info ladies I don't know why I always forget to check out NARMS. I will make sure I do when I leave here. The manager of my store called AAI today about the current rep but didn't get a answer. So I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. They are very upset with her and I know they would give AAI a good recommendation for me. I think it would be ideal since I am already doing 2 jobs there now.
Go to Top of Page

MichelePA

Schuylkill County, PA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2004 :  5:07:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any more feedback about this company?

In one of the stores I was working in today, the manager gave me the Foster Grant DM's card and told me to call her. She recommended me to her but didn't have my number. I would like to get some more information before I call her. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

MaryannShearer

PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  07:18:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just started working for them. They seem to be ok... I feel the pay is a little low for all the paperwork involved. I like my DM. She is very helpful. It is hard to remember everything you have to do each time you service the store because you only do it 1x every 4 weeks. So, until you get the hang of things it seems overwhelming. Other then that, I seem to like the company. And the pay comes fast too. BTW.... They also do jewelry in some stores.

MSShearer
Go to Top of Page

Annee34NC
Contributor

Ramseur, NC
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  5:44:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they are great I have worked for them since august. they do jewelery in maxway/roses stores and the visits are once a month. they do sun glasses and reading glasses in family dollar and those are once a month visits. they are easy going and the paperwork isnt that bad. they are quick to pay and good to help with any problems. wish i had more stores and more visits with them.

anne

Anne
Go to Top of Page

JeanH

North San Diego County, CA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  2:17:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they hire people as employees or independent contractors?

Jean Hutchins
GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  08:40:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They hire people as employee's. I've been with them for 2 years now I think. I enjoy working for them and they pay quick. I only wish one of my stores would leave my jewelry towers alone. They mess it up bad.
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

Ocala, FL
USA
876 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  5:04:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted regarding 3 stores. Two of them are close, the other is over an hour away. Do they normally pay mileage?

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry West
Trainee

Zanesville, Ohio
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  8:18:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for them for about a year and a half. They are a good company to work for although the pay is low. I service 3 Rite Aid stores of readers, suns, and jewelry and 5 Family Dollars for readers and suns. These are once a month. I feel they don't always allow enough time for some of the work that is to be done, like cycle counts. They don't pay milage. Good luck.

Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

.Janet Sue
Contributor

Bayside, NY
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  2:03:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started working for Foster Grant.It is great so far. I have 7 hours per week plus 2 hours per month in 4 stores. My DM is great.He promised to give me more work as they open more accounts. I am a new merchandiser. So they did not want to give me a large amount of work at first.
Sherry, didn't anyone tell you who to call if you need to work more hours on a job than they have allowed? I call our support person and she approves overtime when I need it. My stores need a lot of work.
The former merchandiser did not come to the stores for awhile.
Janet

Janet Sue
Silver Certified.
Shopping-Queens and New York City
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  1:56:03 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the main phone number for Foster Grant Headquarters?
I have tried to get a hold of my DM for two weeks now. With no luck what so ever.
One of the places I merchandise for is threating to close it's account with Foster Grant, I would like to save it. Thank god it has nothing to do with me, sence I just got hired a month ago and this problem has been going on for quite sometime now.
Thanks to anyone who has the headqauters phone number.

Live in the West States.
Looking for more merchandising work!
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

Ocala, FL
USA
876 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  11:48:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry Pandora. I thought it would be quite easy to find some contact information on them, since they are a fairly large company. I found the marketing guy's information, but it is from 1997. Yep, 1997.
As Amelia mentioned above, they are working on their website: www.fostergrant.com . But there is nothing there.
I'm at a loss.
I did find the UK website, and it gives a phone number for England, but also lets you email them with questions. Email them at: lynlinton@aaifg.co.uk. I dunno how much help they will be, since their information on US operations is probably limited. But here's hoping.
Sure does seem odd to run a business this way.

Good luck,
Sharon

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  1:12:48 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sarron,
Thank you. On the web site there is a link, info something. I sent a e-mail to that. So maybe they will get back with me, sence my DM is to busy or something?
I went through my paperwork again, looking for a phone number. It lists ext's but no regular phone number.
But thanks again. If I happen to get a phone number I will post it for future needs.
Pandora

Live in the West States.
Go to Top of Page

PattyJ
Apprentice

Angleton, Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  3:45:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pandora,
Try the following link. An address, and phone number for the headquarters, can be found at the bottom of the opening page. Much Luck.

http://www.fgxi.com/about.asp

Patty
Go to Top of Page

.Janet Sue
Contributor

Bayside, NY
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:33:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you know your DM's box number? The Office # is 800-283-3090.
That is a voice mail # but you can also be connected to the person through that number. Do you have any memos from your DM? The number should be on that memo. You said that you have a list of extensions.
That is the number that you need.
Janet

Janet Sue
Silver Certified.
Shopping-Queens and New York City
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  6:43:13 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jan, Patty,
Thank you.
I do have my DM's phone number. And have left messages upon messages.
But I did use the info link. And got a fast repley.
So Hellen is willing to help me. And the e-mail said that my DM covers CO, WY and parts of MT. So she is extremely buzy at times. Part of the fun!
But thank you all for the fast repleys and the 1-800 number. It will come in handy.
Pandora

Live in the West States.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums