Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sherry West
Trainee

Zanesville, Ohio
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  9:44:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The phone number that I have for Foster Grant is 800-283-3090.

Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
887 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  05:36:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone posted in 2004 that they were working on their website. It's now 2006. How long does it take?

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

KarlaRunyan

Hot Springs, AR
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  08:08:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Foster Grant has an opening near me. Do they pay mileage and drive time? What's the pay rate? Any other info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  1:20:49 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I don't get paid milage, but maybe some of the other reps do.
I get paid $10.00 an hour. But with the way the stores have been going this month. WOW! It's been per craziness. Lots and lots of work to be done.

I hope this helps some.

Live in the West States.
Looking for more merchandising work!
Go to Top of Page

.Janet Sue
Contributor

Bayside, NY
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  7:04:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The website is almost finished. My DM just told us to check it.
All memos are on the website now and a lot of other information.
Eventually,we will be reporting on the website rather than the vru.
Janet

Janet Sue
Silver Certified.
Shopping-Queens and New York City
Go to Top of Page

PheePhee
Valued Contributor

USA
181 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  3:54:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was going to work for them doing glasses. In my area the rate was $9.50 an hour. The DM told me that the store would only take about 15 minutes to complete.They would pay 30 minutes pay so $4.75 per store.

Phee
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Annee34NC
Contributor

Ramseur, NC
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  10:07:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for 1.5 yrs and only make 8.25. They pay no drive time or mileage but I am in the stores doing other jobs for other companies so it works out. My dm is wonderful and is the main reason I stay.

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  10:43:35 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were the very first company to hire me. I was a newbie! Heck I still am with somethings! They were great and contuine to be great. I'm going on 6 months now with them. And don't plan on moving anywhere else.
My DM is so awsome too!
If anyone would like to work for a great, honest company. Jump at the first opening you see!

Happy shopping!
Pandora

Live in the West States.
Go to Top of Page

BettyThevis

Crowley, LA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  05:17:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My name is Betty Thevis and I have been with Foster Grant for several months..I am still not familiar with many of the memos I receive, but I have a great field coordinator..he name is Linda Bourg and she can be reached at (601)-442-2268. she can answer your questions if you cann't reach your coordinator..But at least they pay on time......

Foster Grant payss $10 per hr. job is realy easy and about 30 minutes in store service time for sun glasses and readers..jewelry is about 60-90 minuts instore time..good pay, good company to work for..I am in Crowley, Louisiana. I have been with the company for several months but my coordinator was with another company that I work for before working for Foster Grant..

Betty M. Thevis
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  6:28:36 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for the number it will come in handy!
You all will not beleive this!
At one of the stores I go to. The inventory manager is not the nicest. Will she is one "one of her moods" and I passed the inventory sheet to her. She left to go to something and forgot to give me back the inventory sheet!
Foster Grant is so cool. I was stiwched over to various people. But finally Linda, shot can't remeber her name, but she faxed in a new inventory sheet!

Just had to share all

Have fun!
PAndora

Live in the West States.
Go to Top of Page

.SandyN
Inactive

Franklin, WI
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  11:43:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so, most of these jobs are like 30 minutes? I can't see driving to a store for $5, but maybe I am reading the posts here wrong.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  09:19:47 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Foster Grant just a couple of months. I, like another forum responder, am still having problems with reading the codes and knowing what to do with them for input into VRU. I live in WI and they only hire a person to work in your town and possibly one that may be only 15-20 miles away. Since they dont pay mileage/drivetime it works for me. The only thing I am not happy about with working for them is the fact that trying to get your DM to answer questions in a timely manner is literally impossible. There is absolutely no training other than the manual, which doesnt cover everything we need to know. The paychecks come on time, and a backup payroll stub outlining all your input into the system comes to your email, so if there are any questions about pay due,you can see what you did.

Judy
Go to Top of Page

TinaM
Apprentice

Columbus, OH
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  6:06:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with them since 09/06 and I absolutely LOVE it. My DM Linda Smith is FANTASTIC. SHe drives over an hour at lest once a month to do visits with me--and she would come more often if I asked. I have never had trouble reaching her. If I have a question that she can't answer then I just call the "TEAM" at Home Office that is responsible for that account.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  10:28:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandy, you are reading it wrong. $10.00 per hour/job means You have an hour to do the job and you get $10.00. If it takes 20 minutes you still get $10.00. Either way.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  6:58:17 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me how I can apply to this company? I don't see a website listed on Narms & can't find on one a search.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

LisaCrn

VA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  09:07:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://fgxi.com/company/index.html

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  11:36:35 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Looks like they are hiring in my area!

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

LisaCrn

VA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  3:08:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck! :)
I really wish they were hiring in my area. They seem like a great company. I did apply and did get a call, but the route they had open was in the opposite direction of my other Merchandising route. The lady I talked to was extremely nice and I do hope that something in my area will become available.
Let us know if if this works out for you!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  3:30:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw a opening in my area, but my concern is I am sortof new to merchandising , have only done light merchandising jobs up to this point and was wondering if the glasses jobs should be left for more experienced people?

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  7:51:28 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for FGXI which is Foster Grant International, and am very happy. When I began merchandising in the very early 80's Foster Grant was my very first employer, they were great then, and still are. The pay is right, and arrives like clock work. Back in the "old" days they manufactured quite a different product than today. Back then, it was high class, expensive sun/over the counter readers. Todays product is quite inexpensive and is found in most stores. When checking NARMS look for FGXInternational for jobs.

Judy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums