Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1698 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  06:36:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, you should definitely sign up for work with FG!!
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  4:51:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Use this link to fill out an application for FGXI www.fgxi.appone.com

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  7:15:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well i have training the first week of Jan. They take the next 2 weeks off because of the holidays. After having to grocery shop in my Walmart today i understand why!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1698 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  08:08:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Woohoo for you Kelly F! I am happy for you. You can always call field support if you forgot your pog..they will fax it to the store. If you forget to print instructions... call field support. They mail you new credit froms for 2012..you can order white gloves to clean the glasses and all of your credit forms are at the e-store. They have projects for everything .. very organized company. I love my DM!!
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  3:23:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They've done it again...can you imagine CVS stores with service EOM? What are they thinking!

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  3:54:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby and I had that happen while seviceing ZOOM, had to let that go after that

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  7:55:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks MCBarb! How funny. Had another company call and offer me a job for a route of 5 stores after the phone interview,so now i'll be training for 2 companies the first week of Jan. They don't mind that i work for several. They said they realize with the recession that most merchandisers work for 4 to 8 companies at a time. When it rains it pours!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  8:47:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

They don't mind that i work for several. They said they realize with the recession that most merchandisers work for 4 to 8 companies at a time. When it rains it pours!

LOL. You know what I find funny about that statement? It has nothing to do with the recession or anything. People work for multiple merchandising companies because merchandising companies by and large make it a point to hire people very part time with only a few stores in their route. Therefore merchandisers have no choice but to work for multiple companies.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  09:36:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree LarryT. I laughed inside when she said that,realizing that they all do that (and have been for a long time)so that if you're hired as an employee they don't have to pay insurance, vacation etc.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  11:44:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, but remember you can write it all off when tax time comes, just keep good records! I haven't paid any taxes in years...write off home office, computer expense, cell phone expense, supplies, and more.

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  5:27:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep BarbaraLS,i've been writing everything off that my tax accoutant says is legal for a business for a long time.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1698 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  08:08:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had my annual review with my DM for FG yesterday. I asked about the Style Science jobs. She said she does not know anything yet. The only thing is that people that work for SS are IC's and FG has employees. So the question now is will FG hire people or not? Stay tuned.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  10:03:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I ran into a SS rep the other day, she's talking about taking on more stores from another rep that is leaving. She knew about the FGXI purchase of SS but didn't seem concerned. Maybe they know something we don't know yet.

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1698 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2012 :  08:30:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BarbaraLS, yes that is so true. I service F$ for FG and also RA's EOM for now. I have 1 F$ and 1 RA I do monthly. I work a LOT more for DL.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  09:40:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Who's DL?

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  4:39:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DL is Driveline.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  11:15:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well i'm up to 27 stores with Foster and will probably receive more by the sounds of it. My DM is REALLY nice! Actually answers the phone,emails,has a postive attitude, you name it. So refreshing! This is probably the company i'll retire from---maybe when i'm 95.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  1:27:51 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
FG is a fantastic company to work for, but, I sure wouldnt count on keeping those 27 stores, as FG tends to stop service and change territories, just like most companies. I honestly THOUGHT Id retire and maintain my merchandising career too. Things dont always turn out the way we want or hope.
Go to Top of Page

JanaS
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  1:59:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm going to have to disagree with you JudyK. I have worked for FGXI for over a year and they have continually added business. The addition of the Dollar General account last summer with the sunglasses and most recently the readers, will be beneficial to a lot of reps adding more hours. And with the purchase of StyleMark there is going to be even more work. None of my accounts have had service stopped and I have 80 stores. The only thing that has been suspended off and on is the Crimson Rose Jewelry service in certain accounts.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  8:39:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree...been with FGXI for over six years and have always had all the work I can fit in.

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums