Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  05:28:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area, StyleMark didn't have alot of work. I used to work for them, so don't expect alot more work just from buying them. Plus, I don't know if FG is keeping the StyleMark people or not.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  06:45:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We will know soon. My DM said there was going to be a conference and that is one of the topics to be discussed.
Go to Top of Page

JanaS
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  12:09:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have already started servicing StyleMark in some of our accounts and others will begin mid summer. I have had some VC changes in the past but not very often. It is bound to happen occasionally due to changes in store volume. A lot of VC changes occur at the beginning of the year. Most of my VC's are every 28 days but I do have some every 7 days and 14 days as well as a few every other month. I have a large variety of stores I service: drug, dollar, grocery, specialty, book, office supply, and big box. So if you live in an area where there are a lot of these types of stores, there is definite work with FGXI. One other account I failed to mention in my previous post was Wal-Mart. We had test fixtures in certain stores throughout the U.S. and now we are going into the rest starting the end of this month. For me, that will add three more stores. As far as the monthly premium reps receive for each account they service, from what I've been told it has been consistent, never going down. In fact, I believe it went up by five cents in the last couple of years.
Go to Top of Page

JaredSmith Recruiter FGXI
Apprentice

Smithfield, RI
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  05:54:55 AM  Visit JaredSmith Recruiter FGXI's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am a recruiter with FGX International and yes we have recently purchased StyleMark (stylesciene) and will be servicing all accounts they previously serviced. As a result we have a LOT of open areas right now. In addition to that new business we are now working with some other new, big name clients that require twice a week service. If you're looking for work you can apply at www.fgxi.appone.com I cant guarantee we have something for everyone but once your application is in it gives us the chance to call you down the road as merchandisers come and go. But right now we need people from big cities to small towns with one store in them.

If you have any questions about what's open you are welcome to email me directly at jsmith@fgxi.com We are swamped right now but I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Or my co-worker Amanda, depending on the area of the country you are in.

Its a very exciting time for us as we are adding reps and District Managers to our growing team in the field. We highly value our service department and how it reflects FosterGrant and our other brands in stores. If you take a lot of pride in your work we want you on our team.

There is a lot of work to be had so please spread the word and look for us on Narms.

Jared Smith
Regional Recruiter
FGX International

Jared Smith
FGX International
Smithfield, RI
Regional Recruiter
jsmith@fgxi.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  8:33:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jared! Yes we have already been told about what is happening in June and the other big account contracts that are going to be coming really soon,so LOTS of work on the way. My boss is already hiring for what's coming up. My stores will probably double really soon. SWEET!!!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  09:57:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know at one of my old stores (I haven't been with StyleMark for over a year), they have boxes behind the counter that they are tripping over (they don't have room in back for them). I don't know how long since they were serviced last, but there is back stock in that store and another store I visited Friday. StyleMark's boxes are red, if anyone is interested.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  08:14:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company has several openings in my area. I am wondering if I should apply. The one account would have stores 5 to 10 min drives or less, so it might work out.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  11:09:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MonikaJeanne-If you can apply go for it! This is my only company i work for now because it's so easy and my DM is wonderful!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Michael S.

Winter Park, FL
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2012 :  10:30:10 AM  Visit Michael S.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks so much I will pass this along to all my shopper friends in the area they are always looks for good people to work for

Go to Top of Page

Michael S.

Winter Park, FL
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  1:44:20 PM  Visit Michael S.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks here too friends of mine have been out of work for some time so new things opening up will be great :)

-M

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  2:42:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am getting Style Science on my schedule. Woohoo!~
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  06:49:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not much of a woohoo for Style Science SN service. The store has no display. Anyone else that works for FG having this problem?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  2:37:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas from FGXI.. haha. I got an email we do not service any RA's in December and FG will be closed from 12/22 thru 1/3 2013. They used to give us $20 for Christmas... then they went public. Now it is Yay Merry Christmas to lose more money working for FG.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  05:20:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed job openings posted on NARMS for FGXI. I guess business can't be that bad.....

Mary
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  05:49:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FG has glasses in every store I visit.... Walmart, grocery stores, drug stores, office supplies, crafts...all over. I am saying since I have worked for them (and they went public) I am making a LOT less money. Yes business is great for them. Do I buy their glasses? No. I buy Zoom glasses. They are made twice as good.. more durable and more solid.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  05:56:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of applying for a job with them. But before I do can any one tell me the starting pay? Also, is the time they allow for service in the stores, reasonable and is it enough time to complete the job???

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Linda3456

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  11:30:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb When did FG go public and what is it trading as?
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  12:12:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb, who did you get an EM from regarding the shut down from 12/22 to 1/3? My DM doesn't know anything about this and Retail Support doesn't either?

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  12:15:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MaryR. Starting rate depends on your experience and location in the country. Yes, generally, there is enough time given for service but during resets, etc., sometimes way under estimated but you are allowed to take extra time as long as you don't work over 8 hours in a day. For big resets, we often work in teams.

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

Sally Farrington

Hathaway Pines, CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  06:38:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for! I just moved to another territory with fewer accounts and less earning potential, but enjoy working for them so, I happily will take this job and look for additional projects with other companies to make up for the decrease in income. My DM is awesome!

Sally Farrington
Sally's World

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums