Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Entertainment
 What TV Commercials make you lunge for the remote?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  5:23:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Christina,

Nope, no Fucillo here. Dick Ide (he he he snicker) must have been too much competition.

Michelle,

Its not just "Dick" its "Dick Ide" for some reason that just makes it funnier to me. There is a one eyed snake joke in there somewhere but I won't be the one to tell it! Now this thread is making me feel naughty. I'm also not going to the story of the male exotic dancer who once asked me to move in with him in Ellicott City!

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Carrol.Hwy101.Ca
Inactive

Paso Robles, CA
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2004 :  7:42:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone remember that old Robin Williams Live At the Met skit....the one about the little one-eyed man?

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping the beautiful small towns on California's Central Coast.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2004 :  10:16:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh, Kat! You missed out! You could be living it up down here and your private dancer could be helping you nurse your tooth!

Carrol... I'm shrinking! I'm shriiiinkinnngggg!!

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2004 :  8:14:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a stupid commercial for Bacardi featuring a fly or some sort of bug moaning about how he has wasted his life. We then see bugs have pillow fights with girls and other incomprehensible things.

I guess you have to be drunk on Bacardi to get this commercial.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2004 :  7:42:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just found a website relating to this topic at www.commercialsihate.com. I was actually looking to locate some information on that oil-heat commercial that has the haunting music in the background because I like the music.
Go to Top of Page

MarNVA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  10:16:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a new commercial for Zicam that drives me crazy because they keep ringing this high pitched bell. The commercial talks about how every cold starts with an alarm -- that's when they start with all the racket. Supposedly, you should take Zicam at the first sign of a cold to help fight the symptoms. Surely there is a less annoying way to make this point.

MSPA Silver Certified and shopping the Washington, DC metro area.
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  11:52:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ChristinaWNY,

You'll be happy to know that the "unofficial" Wendy's spokesman has been fired. The ad campaign was a dismal failure.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  07:24:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Helzberg Jewellers. Stupid Man holding the mojo burgundy box, strutting down the street. Rob me! Rob me! Superficial Women going gaga. Stupid Woman (perfect match for Stupid Man!) tops the I-Love-This-Man-I-Love-Him-I-Love-Him-I-Love-Him Woman.

Lesson to men:

If you buy expensive baubles for women, you da man! You'll also start looking like the actor playing Stupid Man. Women will look at you with lust.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  08:01:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara N.CA

Lesson to men:

If you buy expensive baubles for women, you da man! You'll also start looking like the actor playing Stupid Man. Women will look at you with lust.
No lust here. The few times my husband has tried to buy me expensive baubles, I have made him take them back to the store. I am too practical for all that. I'd rather spend that money on the house or the kids. I'm terrible about taking care of expensive jewelry anyway. I lost my engagement diamond down the toilet three years after we were married. The little rock just slipped right out of its setting while I was doing that glamorous job of scrubbing the toilet bowl. Now, that's an idea for a commercial...
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  09:54:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is one I've just seen for breaking up mucus. For me, enough said, it just sends me over the edge.
Go to Top of Page

Carrol.Hwy101.Ca
Inactive

Paso Robles, CA
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  6:27:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nora, I've seen that little green charactor....too, too evocative of the problem it claims to treat.......

GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  6:48:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carrol, I suspect that the same ad agency that created the nail fungus commercial was responsible for this one as well. I do have the fervent hope that this agency does not next land an account for toilet paper!
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2004 :  7:09:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Twice today and once yesterday I have seen bits and pieces of an infomercial that is creeping me out. It is for the Cash Flow Generator Workshop featuring the world's smallest twins. They are scary little men who look a little bit like puppets.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

GeriLynn
Contributor

OR
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  03:39:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seriously disturbing:

A woman running from an attacking dog is chased up a tree. He lunges and pulls off her pants. Turns out the BF wanted his Levi's back.

Woman returns to man all smiles; hey, thanks for the life-threatening experience honey.

GeriLynn
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:00:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw that, Lynn! I thought, "What the..."

There is a holiday ad out now for Capitol One credit cards that chaps my backside. No, it's not the David Spade slots, it's these quick spots that say something like, "Haven't shopped enough? You need to shop more. Keep shopping, keep spending!" and then the ad splashes the Capitol One logo on the screen. Not good.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

MarieSpree
Star Contributor

NY
USA
511 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  06:27:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Duracell ads.

A Duracell battery is in this cute little boy's hearing aid. A Duracell battery is in the defibrilator that helped this teenage basketball player not die from a heart attack on the court.

This is so transparently manipulative, I find it incredibly offensive. I am thinking about writing to the company.

"Let's shop til we plop!" "You mean shop til we drop?" "Whatever!"
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  08:49:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marie, I feel the same way about that commercial. What they don't tell you (and this applies to the Tylenol commercials too)is that Duracell batteries are used because the manufacturer put in the lowest bid for supply. They are not necessarily better, but cheaper.
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  09:24:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Christina,

Maybe he and the Dell "Dude" can put an act together and go out on tour.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Carrol.Hwy101.Ca
Inactive

Paso Robles, CA
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  2:55:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh, yes, those Capitol One card ads are really making me fume, too. The one that lights my fuse is the one where the family is at a ballgame refreshment stand. They're standing there with an assortment of hot dogs, fries, drinks, a foam hand, and the usual crud. The guy behind the counter says, " That'll be $121.54" and the dad goes, "I'll just put it on my credit card." Arrgghhhh! Do we really need to be forcefed the idea that hamburgers and fries should be charged? Should we accept that $121.54 is a reasonable price to pay for a boxful of junk food? Is it acceptable for a kid to stand there, foam "#1" hand waving, and see his parents waste money that way?
What's in my wallet? A reasonable amount of cash, and a debit card. The ONE credit card that I use is at home, so I can't make financially STUPID decisions like the guy in the commercial.

GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  04:01:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Christina,

Sounds like you are talking about the Dell commercials with the interns. I was actually referring to the stoner guy that used to say "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell". He was fired after being arrested for marijuana posession. The interns replaced him. I don't really understand the whole thing. Why fire the guy for actually being the stoner that they had him portraying?

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums