Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Entertainment
 What TV Commercials make you lunge for the remote?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  04:35:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The new Nicole Kidman "epic" commercial for Chanel No. 5 is the latest one to annoy me. It's so overdone it reminds me of the parodies of commercials done by SNL (and even Who's Line is it Anyway). I know I can't afford the perfume anyway but who knows how much the cost of making this silly epic has added to the cost of the perfume?

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Christina WNY
Inactive

Buffalo, NY
USA
305 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  05:37:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kat,

Yeah, I was talking about the interns... I don't remember the stoner guy. That is very ironic. Things that make ya go hmm....
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  10:46:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn

Seriously disturbing:

A woman running from an attacking dog is chased up a tree. He lunges and pulls off her pants. Turns out the BF wanted his Levi's back.

Woman returns to man all smiles; hey, thanks for the life-threatening experience honey.

Is THAT what that commercial is supposed to mean? My husband and I have been scratching our heads over that one for a long time. My best guess at an interpretation was that the guy had trained his dog to go after anyone on the street wearing Levi's. But the woman is too smart and figures out what's going on so she tracks him down. But then he just blithely ignores her and walks off with the jeans anyway? And how does that work that the same jeans that fit her perfectly now seem to fit him perfectly? My husband and I are of similar height and build but we could NEVER fit into each other's jeans. That commercial just hurts my brain.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  10:08:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"And how does that work that the same jeans that fit her perfectly now seem to fit him perfectly? My husband and I are of similar height and build but we could NEVER fit into each other's jeans."

I formed a theory that the girl was really a man.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

MariaA
Valued Contributor

Bowling Green, KY
USA
214 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  6:00:32 PM  Send MariaA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
LMAO -- I said the same thing about her -- (being a man)
Go to Top of Page

SmileyBecca
Star Contributor

Struthers, OH
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  10:25:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just found this topic and you guys have me ROFL. I thought that I was the only one who gets so annoyed about commercials. My kids always laugh and tease me when I hate a commercial. Here are my worst:

Toenail fungus: I have to immediately look away and change the channel because this one repulses me so much. My husband does a great impression of "Digger" the dermatophyte.

The girl dancing to techno music in the car: I tell my kids that if she were my friend I'd have to just pull over and tell her to get out.

We have one where the couple are trying to decide where to go on vacation. She says, "Mexico?" and he suggests the Carribbean, they keep suggesting different places. It sounds innocent enough but these two are just so fake and annoying (translate - bad actors). Has anyone here seen this?

Then there's the one for Pet Meds - "Oh, what a HASSLE. I have to TAKE the dog, DRIVE to the vets office, then SIT and WAIT." This woman really needs some happy pills.

On the other hand, I LOVE the identity theft commercials where the people are talking with the voices of those who stole their identity. I especially love the elderly woman cleaning out her pool that says she bought "some of them mud flaps with the naked ladies on them." Then she goes, "Grrrrr, Mama-cita." This is too cute.

Thanks for the laughs tonight.

Smiles,
Becca
MSPA SILVER CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  12:53:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a new one for Dentyne Fire gum. A teenage girl brings her boyfriend home to meet her parents for the first time. The parents are on one couch while the teens are on another. They are making uncomfortable conversation. The girl takes out the gum, chews a piece then grabs the boy and starts kissing him very passionatly. Then she pushes him down, gets on top of him and continues right in front of the parents. The slogan for the gum is Go Bold. At the end of the commercial the mother chews a piece of the gum and jumps the father.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  1:18:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I saw that Dentyne commercial too! I found it borderline offensive and wondered if I was being too sensitive. Maybe if it had been about two couples on a double-date, I might have found it funny. But seeing the daughter/boyfriend making out hot and heavy with the parents making out hot and heavy in the same room just seemed sick to me.

SmileyBecca, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who cringed and hit the mute button when that "girl dancing in car" commercial used to come on (every 10 seconds it seemed like for awhile!). (Shudder!)
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  09:24:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I want to hurl everytime I see the KY Jelly with the warming sensation commercial!!! Wish they would leave a little bit to the imagination!!!
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  10:48:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's this new commercial I've seen several times that really annoys me (and not just because I'm fat ). I think it is for Nutrisystem.

A woman in a bikini is walking through a supermarket pushing a shopping cart. She stops and we see a man at crotch level glance at her crotch. She smiles and moves on.

I know we all want to be slim and sexy, but does the typical mother of three (which this woman is) really dream of walking through the dairy section in a bikini with men staring at her crotch? I think not - but maybe I'm wrong.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

CorrineW
Star Contributor

WA
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  7:33:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a fairly recent Kleenex commercial that shows a sick little boy trying to get into his house. He knocks on the door, looks in the window, etc, and his family looks at him and then ignores him. He finally gets into his house, I think, when he blows his nose on a kleenex (I actually have tuned much of this commercial out for being so horrendous so I'm not sure exactly how he gets in now). The point being "not to let a cold into your house" or something but I just see it as very cruel.

Corrine
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie M
Star Contributor

TX
USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  1:54:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the worst has to be Digger and the tonenail fungus

Bonnie M
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  6:23:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I HATE the commercial for Bennigans with the little congested sounding girl playing with dolls. The dolls are having a conversation about where they should eat and the little girl is speaking for both. Her voice grates on my nerves every time this commercial comes on.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

.Dawn DE
Inactive

DE
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  08:54:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Two mornings in a row I have woken up to the Kirstie Ally Jennie Craig commercials. First off, I have to admit that I have found her to be annoying since her Cheers days, but I just can't stand her chirpy "Hey girl, I'm just calling because I'm FAT!" Should I blame it on the pregancy hormones or does anyone else want to throw a rock through the TV when this one comes on?

Dawn
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  07:50:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep seeing another bad one. It is for Starburst candy. A guy makes a bust of the girl he likes out of Starburst. He's showing it to her and explaining why he used each flavor where he did but be starts biting into it while he's talking. Its really weird.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  07:29:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Disrespectful, unfunny, and just inappropriate: It's for Citibank credit cards. This family is sitting down to watch the video tape recording of deceased relative's read aloud of her will. Most of the family is watching the aunt/grandmother reminisce about her family on the tape, but one guy grabs a remote to fast foward to the announcement of what he gets in the will. The narrator remarks, "Want a reward that you don't have to wait for? Get a Citibank credit card." Stupid!

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  7:00:24 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree about the Citibank reading of the relative's will. The other spots in the "expect faster rewards" series are funny. That one is not.
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  09:54:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It just totally annoys me that KFC is using the music to "Sweet Home Alabama" in their commercials. The song is righteous, but Kentucky is just not Alabama, and the southland is not all one and the same.
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  06:25:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm about to go over the edge with those Empire Carpets commercials and the little cartoon of the Empire guy. Now he opens with a similated David Letterman-type show, complete with fake laugh track. What a phony-baloney. I'd never call them if they were the last carpet-installer on earth.

How could it be possible that the ditech.com commercials got more even annoying?

The Chico's commercials make the narrator sound like she's been smoking something funny.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  1:39:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hootie sings a gay (read: overly cheerful) song for Burger King that...won't...get...out...of...my...head! Arrghh! "Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch...bacon tumbleweeds...sandwiches grows on trees...streets paved with cheese..."

And the ad has too much T & A, I think. Also, Volition's favorite ad character, the Burger King, makes a special guest appearance.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums