Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Entertainment
 What TV Commercials make you lunge for the remote?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  5:15:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michelle,

You're not the only one that thought it had too much T&A. Yet another supposedly familf friendly place making commercials where the men are fully clothed and the women are wearing daisy dukes. I noticed the same thing when I saw the commercial yesterday. I didn't know that was Hootie though. I thought it was just some random guy.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  10:27:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UpstateNYKat
I didn't know that was Hootie though. I thought it was just some random guy.
ROFL! When I first saw the ad, I noticed that Hootie in that cowboy get up, is the first thing to see. I thought, "Where's HE been?" (I kinda think Hootie was just a random guy during the height of his popularity, though. ) I guess the ad generates that buzz just like the first King one did, but seems like BK doesn't care if the buzz is negative or not, which I think is pretty dumb. It's just way too sexy for a fast food promo! And, that song is still in my head!
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  05:37:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hootie made an R&B album under his real name (Darius Rucker) a few years ago. I believe it flopped like a fish on land. I am an avid listener of R&B, Top 40 and Pop music and I never heard a single thing from it played on the radio. I only read about it in several magazines.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2005 :  10:22:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That BK commercial;where to begin? It's like an Old Navy commercial mated with Penthouse magazine and this commercial is the offspring.
I think it is surreal to the point of creepy,particularly when that nightmarish Burger King is pushing the girl on the swing. Hootie himself looks like a reject from the Village People. Lyrics about "...breasts growing on trees"? Strategically placed french fries? The cheerleaders seem a part of "Debbie Does Dallas" more than the Cowboy cheerleaders.

Our kids are already exposed to an excess of titillation and stimulation from all venues;now a family-friendly food joint employs this kind of ad campaign without regard for its customer base. I hope this campaign impacts negatively on their sales.

The sad thing is that BK is probably counting this commercial as a success based on the fact that so many people are talking about it and remembering the name "Burger King."
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  3:00:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AAACCCKKK! I'm watching Daddy Daycare and the little nasal voiced girl from the Benigans comercial is in it. I almost turned it off but I'm glad I didn't. So far I've gotten some pretty good laughs.

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  7:44:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Speaking of nasal voices...remember the ones with the Glad lady? She was the worst.

And how about the new ones for the furniture store (can't recall the name..isn't that ironic?) and the nasal lady who says "fancy schmancy" in every one. I want to knock her off that cheap sofa!

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Matt77

Glen Ellyn, IL
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  08:19:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Those Darn Geico Commercials are sooooooooooo BAD!
I called Geico and so did my friend and we were BOTH given a quote 15 percent higher than our current auto insurance.
Does Geico really save anyone
out of 30 people I asked who have called geico more than half were given quotes 15 percent or higher than their current insurance

Also I hate Suzuki's claim to have america's #1 auto warranty with seven years- 100,000 miles
Hyundi has 10 year - 100,000 miles

10 sounds better than 7 to me

Matt
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  08:31:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have Geico insurance and they are very pleasant to do business with, very reliable and friendly. But their commercials make me feel like a moron...

Oooh, an Old Navy commercial, I wonder what the new Item of the Week is... oh, it's a Geico commercial.

Hmmm, a reality show about a married couple living in a tiny house? What will they think of next! oh, it's a Geico commercial.

Look another guy telling me about how much it stinks to me bald...oh, it's a Geico commercial.

Ah! Another oxygen-based cleaning product...oh, it's a Geico commercial.

This dentist is telling me to floss? No, it's Geico again.

These commercials get me every time. I forget them, and then they show it again and fools me over and over!
Go to Top of Page

MariaA
Valued Contributor

Bowling Green, KY
USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  1:48:35 PM  Send MariaA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Michelle ----
Thanks so much for admitting that the commercials 'get you' too
lol I thought I was the only one!!!
The "Cheetoh's"(Sp?) one too
Go to Top of Page

Terri_Indiana
Valued Contributor

IN
USA
215 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  2:17:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The TGI Fridays "Here I Am, Rock You Like a Hurricane" or whatever the heck they say drives me crazy!During Nascar races they play it twice almost every commercial break!

Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  04:28:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
New hated commercial (hope no one has mentioned it yet): Overstock.com with the all white furniture and the lady who talks like she has a background working for 1-900 phone services. I want to spill grape juice all over her white suit!

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  07:30:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Funny cartoon about the Burger King commercial

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/uclickcomics/20050323/cx_bo_uc/bo20050323&e=3&ncid=

Katrina
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  9:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

That is the funniest!!!! Now I can hear the cartoon Hootie song in my head, Katrina. He's a starving artisit!!

Thanks!

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

.Dawn DE
Inactive

DE
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2005 :  06:39:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm crushed........the B-52's have officially sold out. I can't believe that I just saw a K Mart commercial featuring the song Rock Lobster. And I thought Love Shack was as low as they could go........

Dawn
Go to Top of Page

SarahH
Star Contributor

MI
USA
313 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  12:37:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
"Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch...bacon tumbleweeds...sandwiches grows on trees...streets paved with cheese..."
I was reading this post about 5 minutes or so ago and now this song is stuck in my head! I was sitting here reading my e-mail when I caught myself humming it!
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  1:28:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a DirecTv commercial with a guy singing about "NFL Sunday Ticket" that is killing me. His voice is so low and guttural that it makes my throat hurt just listening to it. Any time it comes on, I change the channel immediately, to save myself from the agony of it.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  6:13:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, Ms. Sarah, now that I've read your post, you've put the song back in my head!
Go to Top of Page

VickieM
Valued Contributor

Crane, TX
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  1:16:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the Best Buy commercial with the either rap or hip hop group and the lead performer grabs his crotch while performing? I find it totally offensive and I am so tired of seeing these guys grab their genitals while performing. I know Michael Jackson started this tradition with these guys, but I find it repulsive!

Vickie
MSPA Silver Certified wpdtls
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  2:47:00 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
As soon as the start of the "Fitness Made Simple" commercial starts, I do lunge for the remote before "fitness celebrity John Basedow" shows up on the screen. I find him really creepy.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  7:42:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's someone with a tiny problem with obsessive cleaning on a recent clumping kitty litter commercial. There's a lady who is chasing her cat on the roof, (and the cat makes the ad with it's apathetic meow) and she slips of the roof and ends up hanging for dear life from a storm gutter. She sees her cat's litter box through her window, with a newly formed clump in the middle. For some reason, she finds this life-threatening moment to be the perfect oppurtunity to sift out the offending clump. She breathes a relaxed sigh only after she's removed the clump, but while she is still hanging in mid-air. I try to turn my head after I see the apathetic kitty. I mean, that lady has a cleaning problem. Now myself, on the other hand, I avoid cleaning my cat's box like death.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums