Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Entertainment
 What TV Commercials make you lunge for the remote?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  8:17:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Sola

I do lunge for the remote before "fitness celebrity John Basedow" shows up on the screen. I find him really creepy.
So, I'm not the only one! Just the other day I told my husband that Basedow looks like a skeleton with big muscles hanging on it -- definitely creepy.

Vickie, I completely agree with you about the crotch grabbing hip hop/rap singers (though I haven't seen the Best Buy commercial, thankfully!). It seems I can never see one of them perform on TV without at least one of those nasty grabs. I guess they are trying to proclaim their virility, but I think it's an immature, junior high antic. Sexy? No way!
Go to Top of Page

SarahH
Star Contributor

MI
USA
313 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:19:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdAora

There is a DirecTv commercial with a guy singing about "NFL Sunday Ticket" that is killing me. His voice is so low and guttural that it makes my throat hurt just listening to it. Any time it comes on, I change the channel immediately, to save myself from the agony of it.
I have already posted once in here..... but this commercial is the pits....... Yes- AdAora I too find myself lunging for the remote, you are not alone!
Go to Top of Page

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  1:26:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ever watch Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory?
If you didn't notice, the tune for the "NFL Sunday Ticket" song is the same as the song sang when the boy finds "the golden ticket" to get into Wonkas factory. I think that is why it irks me. I could never stand musicals to "pop up" right in the middle of a movie, especially when I was a kid.

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

BJDietz

Spokane, WA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2005 :  8:14:25 PM  Send BJDietz an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The new Pair Hilton, carls jr. we turn it as fast as we can !! bad bad bad...

Bobbi Jo spokane MSPA Silver Certified: Remember Every member interaction is an opportunity to provide world-class customer service! ^_^
Go to Top of Page

SarahH
Star Contributor

MI
USA
313 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  05:53:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BJDietz

The new Pair Hilton, carls jr. we turn it as fast as we can !! bad bad bad...
Theres a bunch of people about having a cow about this particular commerical...... look in entertainment under Paris Hilton- any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  7:35:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been disgusted by commercials before, but I just saw one that makes me really, really angry. It's some kind of car commercial, I didn't catch which one.

Anyway, they're showing how fast it can accelerate from a still position. They place the choose to show this is at the crossing of a railroad track. Just as the gates are coming down, the car zooms across the tracks.

This is NOT something to be showing! People try this all the time, and they get injured for life and killed when they can't beat the oncoming train. Making it look like something you could do with their "cool" car is just ... I don't have the words to express how obnoxious and irresponsible and ... downright reprehensible I think it is.

Yes, I'm outraged. It's like showing someone hanging themself with a belt to show how strong and durable the belt leather is.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Contributor

Ontario
Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  6:51:11 PM  Visit Lynda's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I absolutely detest all Alexander Keith Beer commercials.
Go to Top of Page

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  05:30:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK, Last night I actually got to see the Paris Hilton (Carls Jr./Hardees) commercial. I was almost sick. Yes, she is a pretty girl, but why portray herself in that manner? AND, I can't for the life of me figure out what that commercial has to do with a hamburger! That is so trashy. And, No, I am not jealous of her. I just feel that women should have more respect for themselves than to put themselves out as a (I don't know what word I'm looking for). Maybe her brain doesn't fill out her skull as much as her 'body' does that suit. Desperate and needy for attention maybe.

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

SandieS
Star Contributor

Long Island, NY
USA
504 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  11:26:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hate the TrimSpa commerical with Anna Nicole Smith acting her usual dumb self:

"Trim Spa, baaaaby....."

Ugh. Spare me.

The new commerical that I love is for Aquafina...

"Get a room!"

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Suffolk and Nassau Counties on Long Island, New York
Go to Top of Page

MechelleNga
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  5:01:51 PM  Visit MechelleNga's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a new one for McDonald's. "Whatever you're looking for tonight, we have it at McDonald's".

It starts out with a two guys, in an antique, drop top car. They go in warp speed to a bar; pick up some girls, back to warp speed. Are you're eyes hurting yet...head spinning?

Then they eat some "Biggie Fries"...yes, in warp speed. I feel like I just got off a rollercoaster.

Mechelle
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  04:59:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Two more candidates:

Tony Sinclair for Tanqueray. Who is Tony Sinclair? And do his commercials make any sense to anyone? I'm not a booze drinker, but if I was, I would not buy Tanqueray because of these commercials.

In the "disturbing" category, I just saw one for Burger King that had a nerdy guy trying to feed a cardboard cutout of Jessica Alba from the Fantastic Four. He ends up licking ketchup off her cardboard mouth. Doesn't Hollywood have enough problems with stalkers and other crazy fans to know better than to celebrate (and encourage) them in a commercial? Sickening!

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

MindyG
Star Contributor

Goldsboro, NC
USA
251 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  05:46:39 AM  Visit MindyG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have two new commercials to add...

First is the Hardee's milkshake commercial where the guy is dancing around a cow to a Sean Paul song. This commercial screams "Beastiality" to me, especially when he starts slapping the cow's a$$ to the beat of the song

Second is the commercial for the new Britney Spears fragrance, featuring who else? Kevin Federline. Is that why she married him...he shot her with a rubber love arrow? Please...

Mindy Godinez
Go to Top of Page

ShawnaL
Star Contributor

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  9:31:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is an old one, thank god they don't play it anymore. It was for some children's medicine and the girl kept repeating, "It will hurt if I swallow.." Such a bad commercial that I still remember it.

Shawna
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  10:12:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Along the lines of Gross Burger King commercials:
There was one that I saw twice in one night, then never again. An announcer is saying that the Angus burger is so good you have to sit to eat it. Then he starts saying everyone is full of sit. "He's full of sit. She's full of sit."
And how about when they came out with chicken fries and that hard rock band singing about it? It was so intense, they couldn't announce the name of the band, or something like that. A little message on the screen said something about "cox rox." Do you think they were talking about chickens?
I won't eat there anymore (unless I'm getting paid for it). The advertising is just a disgusting insult.
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  09:41:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hardee's, introducing the new taco salad..they have the lady that drives the semi-truck eating the salad with her fingers. ugh!

Chell
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  09:40:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the Pepto Bismol ad is gross. I do not like the idea of people dancing and motioning to body areas for their nausea, upset stomach and diarrhea.

I hate the cavemen Geico ads. Totally stupid & ugly. But did not like the lizard either. Annoying.

Love the Capital One ads. Clever.

Not wild about the happy cows from California but do like the Budweiser horses.

Does anyone know if that is Antonio Banderas as the annoying Nasonex bee? The original bee was French and sounded like The Continental (from the days of early TV - I am showing my age here!) but now he is Hispanic. Sounds a lot like AB.

Do not like the nasty crows for Windex.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  11:55:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"Head On, apply it directly to your forehead" "Head On, apply it directly to your forehead" "Head On, apply it directly to your forehead"

....and those annoying Geico "celebrity" commercials. That Little Richard one
They need to go back to the little green guy and the squirrel's.

Go to Top of Page

MaryLanham
Star Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
327 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  12:22:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the Geico commercials are very clever, the Little RIchard one makes my spine curl though... I love the cave man one where he is in the airport -it's cute. My sons(age 4 and 2) LOVE the lizzard and think the nasty green"mucus man" from Musicnex is his brother!

I HATE the Hardee's commercials -from the burger commercials to the "Shake that thing..." milk shake commercial with the guy slapping the cows a$$.

Can't stand the Steak n' Shake commercials either b/c whether or not they are classified as a fast food restaurant or not, any restaurant with a drive through and a bunch of nasty a$$ people who work in the ones around here is a fast food restaurant to me.

Mary Lanham
Go to Top of Page

Sissy816
Apprentice

NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA, Florida
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  10:58:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The red head, that represents Dell something about her, maybe she's been around too long......

"Directly To The Forehead".......need I say more?

"Burger King", the plastic king, I think he's a pervert, he peeks through windows.......

Any commercial with Ed Mcmahn, Walter Brimley or of course "Captain Kirk"!

I do like the Cave Man , I wonder what he looks like without the makeup??
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
Star Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  12:13:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UGH!!!! Head On! I want to tell them where to apply it! And then, knowing how annoying the commercial is they make a commercial spoofing how horrible the commercial is!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums