Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Entertainment
 What TV Commercials make you lunge for the remote?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  07:12:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just about all of them.
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  07:49:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My newest channel-changer is the Nutrisystem one where the woman keeps boasting about being a size 2. Her laugh irritates me to no end, and is she really a size 2? I doubt it. My daughter is a size 6 and she looks much skinnier than Ms. Size 2. And all that crap about how she got her life back and her husband got his wife back. Hello?! You only lost a few pounds - not as if you were 200 lbs overweight.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  8:28:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Geico ones with the cavemen are getting old..
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  08:40:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oreo Double Stuff - watching adults (and one with a kid) lick the cookies in a race. Not very pleasant to watch, gross.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  1:11:15 PM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thankfully the one that makes my head hurt will (SHOULD) be over soon... the Kia one where they're all singing "So Long, Farewell" to the people driving the cars away. I HATE that song with a passion, and the commercial version is even worse!
Go to Top of Page

Bridget Claire

IL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  11:43:45 AM  Visit Bridget Claire's Homepage  Send Bridget Claire an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
....and those annoying Geico "celebrity" commer
cials.
All of the celebrities in those commercials freak me out. They all look like corpses (except the movie announcer guy).

My mom and I argue over which is grosser- "Digger the Dematophyte" (sp?) for toenail fungus, or those Mucinex ones... I say the later... it's TALKING BLOBS OF MUCOUS!! Who exactly thought that would be a good idea for a commercial?!
Go to Top of Page

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  11:48:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I HATE the Geico commercial with the caveman. All of them. I have Geico, but can't stand that caveman series of commercials.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  7:10:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought of this thread when I read this

Geico's Cavemen May Get Own TV Series
TV: Even a Caveman Can Do It

NEW YORK (March 2) - Those Geico "cavemen" shouldn't be so upset after all - they may get their own television series. ABC said Friday it had ordered a pilot for a comedy, tentatively titled "Cavemen," that features the characters used in a series of ads by the insurance company.

In the ads, cavemen appear insulted by a Geico pitchman's claim that the company's Web site is so easy to use that "even a caveman can do it."

The potential series, one of 14 pilots that will be produced by Touchstone Television this spring, features the cavemen as they "struggle with prejudice on a daily basis as they strive to live the lives of normal thirty-somethings in 2007 Atlanta."

It's unusual for characters from an advertising campaign to move into shows of their own, but not unprecedented. The CBS comedy "Baby Bob" featured a talking baby that had been used in several advertisements, according to Daily Variety.

The advertising copywriter who helped create the "cavemen" ads is writing the pilot, the studio said.

A pilot order is no guarantee a show will make it on the air; in fact, the majority of pilots don't make it that far.
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  1:34:29 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I *HATE* the new Domino's pizza ads with the conversation between the guy with the GIANT nose, the guy with the GIANT mouth, the guy with the GIANT eyes and the guy with the GIANT ears. Domino's pizza is bad enough on its own - do I really want to picture these guys when I think about food? Just - ewww.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  6:55:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a really gross one: this man is in a diner with his wife when another man asks him about intestinal health. So the guy digs a valley through his mashed potatoes and demonstrates his point by using the mashed potato valley and a lima bean to represent colon blockage...ohhh noooooo!!!

I think I'll have to hit mute on the remote and turn my head for this one.
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  05:01:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's one that will haunt me throu the holiday season and make me go for the remote:

For Toysrus: The child climbs into bed with Mommy. She whines something barely understandable about buying more toys. Her voice is shrill and whiney. Her speech is not clear.

As they say: I'd like to really give her something to whine about!

We have to spend Nov and Dec listening to this awful commercial. Or use the MUTE button!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  7:37:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also think the ones for athelete's foot & chest mucus are disgusting. I actually like the Geico caveman better than the newer gecko ones. I liked the old gecko ones better. And frankly some of the commercials just don't make any sense to me but I can't think of one right now. Which proves my point, I guess. I find myself going "Huh" at the end.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  7:39:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also think the ones for athelete's foot & chest mucus are disgusting. I actually like the Geico caveman better than the newer gecko ones. I liked the old gecko ones better. And frankly some of the commercials just don't make any sense to me but I can't think of one right now. Which proves my point, I guess. I find myself going "Huh" at the end. As to the weight loss ads I don't understand how they can weigh 120 lbs and be a size 2. I was a 120 lbs at one time & I've never worn a size 2. Not even when I weighed 100 lbs soaking wet.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  11:06:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, if your head is full of rocks it take up a lot of the weight, leaving your body room to look anorexic and fit into a size 2 at 120 lb. Of course, a lead foot or backside could also be pretty dense.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  10:24:09 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find the animated ads for Charles Schwab extremely creepy and I do indeed lunge for the remote and change the channel as soon as one starts.
Go to Top of Page

JBuntin

Pleasant Hill, Missouri
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2008 :  2:27:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any Sonic commercial ! !

Johnna
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  2:56:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nothing specific comes to mind, but whenever I watch Dr. Phil, he has commercials on about every 2 minutes, give me a break.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  8:12:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I dislike any and all political election commercials. I'm completely nonpartisan in this belief--republican, democrat, liberal or conservative and everything in between.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

LoriAnneA
Trainee

Huntington, WV
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  04:45:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The "Glade" chick has run her course !

"Free Credit Report.com" rip-off singers need to go !

Something simple to look forward to.....freebies
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  9:05:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen this infomercial?

https://www.buyaspray.com/flare/next?etag=4aspray

If link doesn't work here is the YouTube of the commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmy9R_WtPbg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums