Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

JeremyR
Contributor

Hagerstown, MD
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  3:57:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was accepted and just finished my first survey for them. It seems great so far. Any general advice any body can give me about them?

jeremy r ridge
Go to Top of Page

Mertha

Minneapolis, MN
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  01:11:22 AM  Visit Mertha's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa AUN

Anita, I'm 36 too, and i never felt old until i started doing surveys and they want that prized 18-24 demographic LOL!
My mom and I are both with pincone. She is only 43 and I am 28. She gets more surveys from them then I do. lol and yes if you're staring at the ages they are correct

Mertha
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:30:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dianne...Why were you dropped? OOPS! Just went back a few posts & found the answer! I'm sorry you got dropped for that reason; and, don't understand why they cannot reinstate you.

I guess there's an advantage to being retired and, not working for anyone at all....makes it easy to answer that question.

A disadvantage is that, when you get over 60, no one sends many surveys your way.
Go to Top of Page

DianneDLI

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:58:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clare

Dianne...Why were you dropped?
I know I'm so sad. Actually it was because my 18 yr old son took a job at a grocery store as a cashier for the summer and I answered yes to that infamous question that I was dropped. He was there 2 months and then left for college. I emailed Karen but she couldn't help me get back in. I guess I was bit too honest but I can't help that now. I do miss doing business with this company. They sent me the most surveys of any of the companys. They always worked correctly and they paid promptly. I actually felt that I was having an impact in a small way as a consumer.
Go to Top of Page

MellyMel

North Carolina
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  7:17:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No recent survey's only the household questions. In fact, since they asked if I wanted to switch to PayPal, I haven't gotten anything else from them.
Go to Top of Page

M Ruzicka
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
243 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  7:15:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never got the pay-pal email but I got a new survey today
Go to Top of Page

AmandaMarie

Houston, Texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  5:29:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long does it normally take to hear back from them? I signed up a few days ago and I'm still waiting for a response.

AmandaMarie
Go to Top of Page

GaryN
Apprentice

El Cajon, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  8:06:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up and within days I received my first survet
Go to Top of Page

MellyMel

North Carolina
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  9:50:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard back in a few weeks after applying with them. I also got another survey today but for someone reason Java isn't working on my computer so I couldn't complete it. Darn, $5 down the drain.
Go to Top of Page

AmandaMarie

Houston, Texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  07:52:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I just got the first survey today!

AmandaMarie
Go to Top of Page

JeanetteXxx
Apprentice

Orpington, Kent
United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  06:58:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all, just joined this website which is very informative and you all seem very helpfull and friendly. I live in the uk and have been loking for the Enlish pinecone banner for years. I can always find the american site so can help you there but just wondered if anyone knew where the UK ones appear. I think its just curiosity really, i have joined many survey sites some good and some bad but when people rate a survey site that seems so secretive in a certain way it just makes you want to join. After looking for nearly 2 years i think i may as well give up. If anyone does know of any uk banners i would be trully gratefull
Go to Top of Page

DianneDLI

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  12:33:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is the banner still on Volition somewhere? My son who does not live here or work for a grocery store would like to sign up.
Go to Top of Page

AmandaMarie

Houston, Texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  12:38:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dianne,
I havent' seen the banner, but if your son is 18-24 there is a referral link on page 18 by Ke11y. Hope this helps.

AmandaMarie
Go to Top of Page

DianneDLI

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  6:16:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AmandaMarie

Dianne,
I havent' seen the banner, but if your son is 18-24 there is a referral link on page 18 by Ke11y. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  1:49:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up two weeks ago and immediately received a survey but have not received payment yet.

Does anyone know of a list of good honest survey companies?

Thanks

Chef Noel

Just got my first check for $5 today - 9/21

Noel
Go to Top of Page

Dawn Puskas
Star Contributor

Zephyrhills, Florida
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  3:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chef Noel, I have always received payment within 4-5 days of completing a survey. I just wish I would get more surveys!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  9:14:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
K.Armstrong Posted - 08/29/2006 : 05:18:20 AM

I didn't realize that there was a difference between household questions and surveys. I always get excited when they send me the household questions because that is still $$ in my pocket. I love pinecone!

KA: Are you saying that you get paid for answering the household questions? I don't think I've ever gotten paid for those...just for the regular surveys.
Go to Top of Page

Amberlicious
Valued Contributor

Destin, FL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  3:33:36 PM  Visit Amberlicious's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am having an issue with PINECONE!
I got my first $5 check back in July, and a link to a survey. All was well and good, until today, when I tried to log into the site, and couldn't. I emailed them asking why, and why haven't I received any more surveys. this is the email I got back:

"We appreciate the interest you've shown in PineCone Research. As a
standard procedure to protect the confidentiality of our client's new
products, we routinely eliminate any person who has an association with a
consumer packaged goods manufacturer or other companies or occupations
they consider not qualifying. This would include any association by you
or a family member with companies who manufacture food, beverages,
pharmaceutical products, household cleaning products, and health and beauty
products and certain other industries and occupations. So
unfortunately, we are unable to use your household in our panel. Thanks again for
your interest in Pinecone Research."

WHAT THE HECK!!?!?!?!??!

Why did they accept me in the first place? AND i must say that as a graphic designer, i do not believe that I work in any of the "banned" industries.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Im wondering if they are beginning to come up with BS excuses of why not to accept people after us all signing up under those few referral links. maybe they are catching on. but anyway, they have made me mad...GRR

~Amber
Go to Top of Page

Vonda
Valued Contributor

Virginia
USA
137 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  7:14:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amber, this is exactly what happened to me recently, if you will go back a couple of screens. Although no one in my family works or has worked in any of the "banned" industries, Pinecone insisted my answers to a survey indicated I needed to be dropped. I am mystified to this day.

A few days ago, to add insult to injury, I got an email thanking me for registering for payment via PayPal. Thinking they had reconsidered, I attemped to log on to the website. No luck.

Too bad...I don't feel I should have been excluded and loved Pinecone!

Vonda
MSPA Gold Certified
Serving Northern Virginia
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  8:49:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amberlicious - Did Pinecone call you and ask about current members of your household and what they do for a living?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums