Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

AlissaChapman
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  05:41:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pinecone has been fine for me. You get surveys based on your demographic info. My question here is has anyone had any problems recently accessing surveys due to Java problems?

Alissa
Go to Top of Page

VictoriaF
Contributor

NorthEast, PA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  06:58:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
QUESTION: If we find a Pinecone banner, can we post a link here or not?
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  09:15:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
.....had a technical problem with the clipboard message constantly reoccuring which was an annoyance. I emailed Pinecone & within a day I received a response (not a generic response) but a pertinent response informing me about how to solve the problem.

LeaF: I had that same clipboard message problem, but, was afraid I'd corrupt the survey if I tried to correct it while answering the questions....How did you correct the problem?
Go to Top of Page

ScottSinCT
Contributor

Cambridge, MA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  09:38:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, that is against their terms.

quote:
Originally posted by VictoriaF

QUESTION: If we find a Pinecone banner, can we post a link here or not?

Scott
Go to Top of Page

ScottSinCT
Contributor

Cambridge, MA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  09:40:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You must have upgraded to IE 7. Here's what you do:
Tools-Internet Options-Security tab
Custom Level
Then scroll down to the scripting section to "Allow Programmatic clipboard access"
Choose Enable

Hit Ok a number of times, and you are all set.

The reason Pinecone needs your clipboard (I believe) is to make sure you aren't copying any of their secret product info out of the surveys.

Scott
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  10:50:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ScottSinCT
I did what Pinecone advised which is exactly what you advised.
Go to Top of Page

.WarrenWattles
Inactive

Chula Vista, CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  10:55:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how posting the location of the link can be against their terms, if the person posting the location is not a Pinecone member. They haven't agreed to any terms, and thus, cannot be held to those terms.

Warren

Warren
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  12:19:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had recently upgraded to IE7....I followed Scott's directions, and, now, should be OK....

That pop-up after every question really was annoying, but, I was afraid to try to correct the problem in the middle of the survey!

Have any of you received any Paypal pmts from Pinecone yet?
Go to Top of Page

ScottSinCT
Contributor

Cambridge, MA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  12:34:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been getting Paypal payments for a month now. They come the business day immediately after you take the survey.

I guess if you aren't a member it wouldn't be against terms, but if you are a member, it is forbidden by the terms (and people have been kicked out for posting links).

Scott
Go to Top of Page

Cheri S.
Trainee

Glidden, Iowa
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  05:22:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find it hard to believe that you cannot post where to find Pinecone research, because I have done so in the past. I also found out about this program from other people on this forum. Some times if you just type in Pinecone research to the search engine you might get lucky and find what you are looking for. I did.

Cheri'
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  1:14:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now...I got the first PayPal payment from PC last week...! I love getting payments to PayPal; makes things much simpler!
Go to Top of Page

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  11:20:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did a survey on Saturday = had my payment in my Paypal account today at noon. GREAT ! No need to worry with making a $5 deposit at the bank.

Noel
Go to Top of Page

Cheri S.
Trainee

Glidden, Iowa
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  08:31:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clipboard Problem for Pinecone Research

I also had this problem, I wrote to pinecone and Karen Scott sent me this to correct it.
Internet Explorer 7
If you choose to adjust your current Internet Explorer settings, here are the directions:

With Internet Explorer open, go to Tools, Internet Options and select the Security tab. Under "Select a zone to view or change security settings." click Internet. Select Custom Level. Scroll down almost to the bottom to find something labled Scripting. Under that there is "Allow Programmatic clipboard access" where you need to choose Enable.

OR, depending on your version of IE:

With Internet Explorer open, go to Tools, Internet Options and selec the Security tab. Under "Select a zone to view or change security settings." click Internet. Select Custom Level. Scroll down almost to the bottom to find something labeled Scripting. Under that there is "Allow Past Operations via script," where you need to choose Enable.

CHANGE BACK AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE SURVEY.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  10:47:16 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Banners are once again everywhere on Volition, except in the forums, starting 3/5 thru 3/31/07. Gives you a reason to look thru the rest of the site.

Note, the ads are geo targeted to only show up for people from the USA. Sorry.

Some person posted on another site to come here, and pound on the refresh key till you see the banner. This is a poor plan.

First, you just might have the wrong page at the moment. Each section (home travel auto etc) has a different code and the ads will be shown in different proportions in each during the course of a day.

Then the banners on the pages know how long you have ben on a page and your session time will effect what ads you get shown. (Did you ever notice that you don't keep seeing the same ads. They know what you have seen until you leave. No personal data, it just knows your browser at the moment.)

Since different pages have different codes. If you go from page to page, eventually it will turn up. And in the meantime, you may see some new section here.
Go to Top of Page

BonnieJeanB

Ocoee, FL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  10:54:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got really intrigued with PineCone when I started hearing about it a few months ago. I believe they were discussing it on the Treasure Trooper forum. So I just started Googling for the banner, and got really lucky-- found it within a few days. I signed up and got approved. I get approx. 2 surveys a month, and they pay quickly. Great company! I think by limiting their sign-ups to people who truly want to find them, they really get the cream-of-the-crop members.

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

VictoriaF
Contributor

NorthEast, PA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  10:33:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Found it! First page I went to, and there it was! Thanks, Ray!
Go to Top of Page

Fahim
Trainee

Hollywood, FL
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  10:59:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found IT!!. I have one more question. The banner said "Looking for 18-24 years old male". Would I still be able to get into their data base as Iam older than 24 years or I have to find a banner that include my age.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  1:57:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
GEEZ! Took me 45 min. to access Volition. Volition is showing up on other sites for the pinecone ad which is a BIG No No.
Go to Top of Page

VictoriaF
Contributor

NorthEast, PA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  5:05:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember; awhile back; when I first found the banner, "there it was just popped onto a website page"! Now, to find it is sooooooo difficult, even here on Volition, as it's part of a rotating banner stream so it's not always going to show up on one particular page on any given day/time!

Good luck to all who have found it, I hope you are chosen!
Go to Top of Page

Marie7778
Trainee

Carrollton, GA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  5:18:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have also seen that other sites are sending you to Volition to sign up. It sure has made the site run slower. I did find the banner and sign up. Does anyone know if you get a reply if you are NOT chosen for the panel? Thanks for the help.

Because Nice Matters!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums