Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

WAkridge
Apprentice

Adrian, GA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  7:44:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too signed up for PineCone like 3 wks ago and I got my first survey on Friday, July 6th. After completing the survey I went to my personal profile to check some things and the $2 was there... As I always try - yeah, TRY, don't always succeed though - to think positive, I was wondering... maybe the price went from $5 to $2 because we might receive more surveys from now on. Maybe???
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyDawn

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:43:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have been worried about the phasing out of old members. I signed up about four months ago when the offer was still $5 per survey. At first I was getting a least two surveys per month, but now it's been over a month and nothing! I've also noticed that the once elusive banner is not so hard to find. It's seems they're really building up their new database. I hope it all works out 'cause I really do like them.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  5:39:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
At first I was getting a least two surveys per month, but now it's been over a month and nothing
I haven't seen a slow down, I'm averaging $20/month and have another survey waiting for me in email. I agree on seeing the banner more often on sites, they're paying $2.
Go to Top of Page

AMisterka
Contributor

OH
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  8:44:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with Pinecone for about a year now & just recv'd my first product test from them the other day. I've seen no slow down & I guess I'm what you'd consider "an old member" or the grandfathered in kind anyway. Good luck to all you Pinecone newbies, they really are one of the best ones around!

AMisterka
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  06:41:58 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have seen a bit of a slow down. Maybe I don't fit the demographic for the surveys at this time. Well, hopefully it should pick up again soon.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  3:35:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The PineCone USA banner AD will be running thru 8/23 on
http://www.PlayHangman.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jody
Apprentice

Boston, MA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  12:00:04 PM  Visit Jody's Homepage  Send Jody an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have definitely seen the surveys slow down...when I first signed up 2+ years ago, I'd get 5-6 per month. Now it's down to 1-2, and they seem longer (more time consuming) than they were previously as well. They do pay though, and they're so accountable that I've actually stopped "keeping track" of what they owe me, because it always appears in the mail!
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Apprentice

Dearborn, MI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  5:56:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just found it at playhangman.com, and I'm Hispanic, too, woohoo. You know, I haven't always filled that in on the surveys -- sometimes I do, but it depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm thinking, "It is really not your business, big brother -- I can answer this survey as well as anyone who isn't, sheesh!" Duh! It hadn't ocurred to me it would help me get MORE surveys! Major duh.

It comes from trying to dodge some of the gov't stuff. For example, I hate putting it on the WIC forms, because I imagine the powers-that-be going, "Ahh, yes, all the Hispanics in this area get WIC -- more reasons to get those illegals out of here -- they're taking our programs!" That is even though I'm Puerto Rican, lol. It gets even crazier since my husband is Arab.

Survey Q: What languages are regularly spoken in your home?
My A: Other

Anyway, I guess I'll be self-identifying on my surveys better now!
Go to Top of Page

DebbiePate
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  8:13:22 PM  Visit DebbiePate's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not know what just happened. I checked in and logged on, accidentally hit my keyboard and the sign up page for pinecone popped up in another window. ?? The banner must have been running here? I don't know, but I filled it out. I have been looking for the thing for a year! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

DebbiePate
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  8:22:41 PM  Visit DebbiePate's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you! You are now on your way to becoming a PineCone Research Panelist!

If you qualify, you will receive an email in a few days which will include your own unique Household ID number and password. Then you are ready for your first survey!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

AnnaM1

Southend on Sea, Essex
United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  04:41:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i had heard so many good things about pinecon and getting lots of surveys from them so i started looking a year ago and was lucky enough to find the link just over 3 months ago....i was accepted and have only had 1 survey a month from them...

Anna
Go to Top of Page

PatriciaD

Virginia
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  09:31:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
just did my third survey for pinecone, i average about one a month, they do seem to be coming a little slow, but i guess they probably have a large database of people to choose from. Was paid the original $5 as when i joined, so that was good
Go to Top of Page

.PrincessLiz
Inactive

Knoxville, TN
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  04:53:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got this email from pinecone:
    Dear Panelist,

PineCone Research is ready to expand and we need your help.

We have immediate openings for MALE CONSUMERS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.

Do you know of households that meet this description that would like to join the PineCone Research Panel? If so, please FORWARD A COPY of this e-mail to each household you would like to refer so that they may click on the registration link shown below. That household should complete the registration form themselves and submit it. REMEMBER THAT ONLY ONE PERSON PER HOUSEHOLD MAY REGISTER. Multiple registrations of the same household or individual will void all registrations.

Here is the link to the registration:
    CLICK HERE

If your referral has any questions, they can email us at scott@pineconeresearch.com or click on the attached links to learn more about PineCone Research.

http://www1.pineconeresearch.com//about.HTM
    http://www1.pineconeresearch.com//policy.htm

As a member in good standing, you've already seen the benefits of being part of PineCone Research. So please, share the benefits of membership with a friend. Just don't forget, please don't tell them about any of the products that you have seen in our questionnaires or tried in your home.

While this is not a paid referral program, we genuinely appreciate your help in spreading the word that PINECONE IS GROWING!

Karen Scott

Liz
Silver Certification Feb. 23, 2005.
Shopping in Knoxville, TN.
Go to Top of Page

HardyMem

Memphis, TN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  07:42:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received anything decent from pinecone, to me they are not the best like everyone raves.

Mrs. Hardy
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:40:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took one of their surveys very late the other night. Paypal notified me of payment the next morning. How can you not love a company like that? It sure beats waiting weeks or even months and then wondering if you will be paid.
Go to Top of Page

PamInUSA
Inactive

MO
USA
190 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:41:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received anything from them in quite some time. I guess they need more mens opinions than they do women right now. But what they need to realize is that women do the majority of things around the house, not the men

I just signed my husband up. He fits the demographics that they are looking for. We'll see what happens
Go to Top of Page

JoyPachowicz
Apprentice

Point Pleasant, WV
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:40:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually I found their ad and have completed some surveys..didnt get the 5 dollars though ..they are paying me 2 dollars.

I know that your 2 cents and i think are sending me surveys on a regular basis and send a check once a month for the total amount of surveys you take that month..

Brand Institute also pays via paypal ..and pay varys..

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:41:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PrincessLiz

REMEMBER THAT ONLY ONE PERSON PER HOUSEHOLD MAY REGISTER. Multiple registrations of the same household or individual will void all registrations.
Pam, I hope this doesn't trip you up.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie In Indep Mo

Independence, MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:18:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had not gotten any surveys for about 3 months then Friday I got one of the non paying household surveys then Saturday I got a $5 one and took it Sunday. Monday morning the money was in my PayPal account which I used right away since I got that good old PayPal Debit Card.

Thanks,
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  5:06:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a member for sometime, but, haven't been getting many surveys since they started paying $2 to new members...I figure they'll start dropping us $5 members as their panel of $2 members gets larger......

They are quick to pay, though...one of the best for that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums