Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  6:37:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HMMM, now you got me wondering. I told my son about it as he is in this age group they're looking for. He signed up, but never heard anything and I haven't received any surveys in a while either. So what your saying is when he signed uo for the 18-24 age group, he may have inadvertantly voided my membership???
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  05:40:47 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a survey last Friday and received my $5 Paypal payment on Monday. I think it is still a good deal, although the surveys do not come more often.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

LoraM
Valued Contributor

Eau Claire, Michigan
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  07:10:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed a couple of surveys for them over last couple weeks after having nothing for a couple of months. They paid the next day as promised, so I was happy. I still like NFO though, as I can get gift cards.

Loralee ~Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  07:21:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen a slow down in PineCone. I took another survey yesterday. I don't receive my payments thru PayPal, I still opt for checks.
Go to Top of Page

Dale Fredrick

Bullhead City, Arizona
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  10:32:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a new member to Pinecone. I have done 1 survey last week for them, but it was at the $5 rate, not the $2 mentioned for "newcomers" posted above. Maybe it depends on the type of survey?

Dale Fredrick
Shopping NW Arizona
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Ethel P.
Valued Contributor

Long Beach, California
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  10:51:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every once in a while, I will log into the site to see if anything needs updating. Like recently, one household member moved out and I had to update my household info. When I logged in today, there was a survey waiting that I hadn't been notified about. An hour after I completed it, the email showed up. Checking in to any site we have signed up with is a good idea. At one site, I was surprised at how much $$ I had accumulated.

Ethel
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  10:51:42 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It could be $5 for male panelists. Their banner is advertising $5.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  11:53:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay me $2.00.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  05:47:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Funny, right after my last post, lo and behold a survey came! I guess my son signing up did not effect my membership. I also guess my son's out of luck! Too bad, he falls within their current advertising need and I'm sure would be getting different surveys then I receive. It's a shame they can't lift that, "one member per household rule". I really wonder how many 18-24 year old males would know about this except through referrals. I know mine spends most of his internet time on My Space and Aim. Too bad he didn't get paid to do that!! His college tuition would have been covered instead of all the loans!!
Go to Top of Page

Vee
Contributor

Centralia, WA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  4:03:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get about one survey a month from them and they do pay fast.
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  9:17:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Pinecone is the best.
Go to Top of Page

AnitaTNShopper
Star Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
704 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  07:57:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think Pinecone is the best, they pay really quickly, and the surveys are fun!

MSPA Gold Certified 2006
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:17:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The PineCone banner AD will be running thru 10/27
http://www.PlayHangman.com/

Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  10:00:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with them several months ago & it took about a month before I was offered a survey. I also did not get paid the $5.00 & when I contacted them to ask why I was told I had signed up under the $2.00 banner offer but I don't remember seeing any banner with a $2.00 payment offer. I haven't heard anything else from them since. The banner running on here still offers $5.00 at times, but the one running right now doesn't mention any amount.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Dale Fredrick

Bullhead City, Arizona
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  09:00:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am looking for the signup page for a friend and checked out the "hangman" site several times, but couldn't find their banner...only Capitol One, Yahoo Toolbar and Monster. Any help or suggestions?

Dale Fredrick
Shopping NW Arizona
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  12:46:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Fredrick

I am looking for the signup page for a friend and checked out the "hangman" site several times, but couldn't find their banner...only Capitol One, Yahoo Toolbar and Monster. Any help or suggestions?
As I was reading your post and even now as I'm responding I can see it from here. You should have no problems.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa AUN

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  2:51:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the banner is on this page as I type- anyone else notice that they're offering money- doesn't say how much AND sweepstakes entries. I hope they don't start all sweepstakes in the future I like getting $5 a survey.

-M
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  3:37:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa AUN

anyone else notice that they're offering money- doesn't say how much AND sweepstakes entries.
$3 PLUS be automatically entered a bi-weekly Sweepstakes to win additional cash prizes
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  6:46:19 PM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just found Pinecone from a banner on Volition. I completed the application and was accepted relatively quickly. No paid surveys yet, but:

* When I was accepted, they sent a link to their website and asked me to log in with the username and password they gave me so I could complete my user profile. Of course, the username and password had not yet been activated when they sent the e-mail, so I had a frustrating time trying to log in. (To her credit, Karen Scott responded quickly to my support request, and activated my username -- but why couldn't this have happened before the e-mail was sent in the first place?)

* Today, I received a request to go to their website so they could auto-detect some information about my browser environment and see if I was able to view streaming video. The autodetection sounds like a good idea but isn't -- I have multiple computers with different operating systems, with multiple browsers on each, but their system appears to auto-detect one configuration and then assume it's the one I will always be using. Worse, the video test had a bug in it that threw my Web browser into an infinite loop, from which I could only exit by force-quitting the browser.

I will be interested to see what happens when I get an actual survey, but for now, I am extremely unimpressed.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  11:06:55 AM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Marnen,
That is exactly the same experience I had when I signed up. It may take a little bit, but you will receive a survey.

I just took one this afternoon by the way.

Update for 10/5:
Just received payment today

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums