Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:15:12 PM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got my first survey today as well. I had no problems taking the survey. I'll be interested to see if payment comes as quickly as promised.

BTW, their website is really poorly designed. I could do a better job (on some aspects, at least) in my sleep!

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

Melissa AUN

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  12:37:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not counting my initial sign up- I never use the website. they always send an email for the surveys and then a follow up email if you tested a product, so you won't have to use it much
I've always gotten my $5 deposited into PP within 2 days, usually the very next day

-M
Go to Top of Page

Kierra57
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  5:17:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long does it take before they send the email to check your browser? I got the first email yesterday, but waiting for the second one (?). After that, hopefully the surveys would come.

Or do you think they decided to drop me after that first email?

Kierra
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  7:36:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
kierra....I often get an e-mail about checking the browser, but, for some reason, mine does not check out. They don't say why, etc; but, sometime later, weeks/months, they'll send another e-mail about it.

I'm thinking they may send it out to potential survey-takers just before they are going to send out a survey that requires that operation.....don't really know; that's just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  9:50:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kierra it took a while for them to send me the second e-mail. I don't remember how long but I do remember I though they weren't going to do it. BTW, it seems whenever we complain about not hearing from them, they show up. I rec. 2 surveys today after posting that I hadn't heard from them in a while. Maybe I should post more often on this subject. Good Luck

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Misha
Star Contributor

NV
USA
827 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  9:52:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with Pinecone for a while and have never had a problem with payment. Now that they use PayPal my $5 is usually deposited the day after I take the survey.

I get a kick out of testing a product then seeing it later on the store shelves. There was a frozen skillet dinner I tested and it was so digusting we had to order out for pizza so I'm sure you can imagine my reaction when I saw the product in the store
Go to Top of Page

HardyMem

Memphis, TN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  7:03:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with them for about 3 months. I have yet to receive one single survey. I did get an email saying I had been upgraded from 2 dollars to 3. I do not get 5. I keep hearing how great they are but I am getting paid well at some of the others but nothing from them at all.

Mrs. Hardy
Go to Top of Page

Patricia43

Atlanta, Georgia
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  2:10:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mrs Hardy, how do I find out about some of the other survey companies that pay well? Oh, by the way, I am with Pinecone, have been for about 3 years and I get the $5 always within 1-2 days by paypal...I love them!!

Patricia
If they say whacha gonna do today, say, hey, I'm gonna get paid!!
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  06:35:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A survey arrived from Pinecone a couple of days ago. I emailed them when I had technical problems viewing a video (not sure if it was on my end or theirs). They replied that I should disregard the survey and that they would still be paying me. It arrived in my PayPal account this morning.

I just love these guys. How many companies still pay if you don't take the survey?

Andrea
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Since 2004
Go to Top of Page

CathyInMD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
441 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  2:54:31 PM  Visit CathyInMD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took another survey the other day and was paid today. This is great

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping In Maryland
xiffkw
Go to Top of Page

GingerCS
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  8:48:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spotted the banner last night, and immediately attempted to register. However, upon attempting to submit the application, I received an Error 500 (internal server error). What gives? Any ideas? I emailed pinecone through their site and explained the problem, but I'm still waiting on a non-automated response.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  2:05:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How does the product testing work? I have been asked by Pinecone if I would be interested, via surveys, but then I never hear anything else I love trying out new products. Has any one else run into being asked about it and then nothing?
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  7:41:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done 2 product testing surveys for Pinecone this year. I did a prelim for another product that I was very interested in & replied that I would do a product test. However, I was not chosen. So you realy never know if you will be picked but I find this company is the best & I give them my best.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  10:05:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Reminder of the PineCone agreement

We at PineCone Research need you to be a part of the foundation of our security. We are a new products panel, and as such, maintaining the security and confidentiality of the product ideas entrusted to us by manufacturers is taken very seriously.

I'd like to remind all of our panelists of the importance of the beginning security agreement that is included in every survey. PineCone concept and product evaluations are to be kept confidential. When you type "I AGREE" to the security and confidentiality agreement in the questionnaire, you are agreeing that you and the other members of your household will keep the subject matter of your PineCone experiences confidential. We promise to protect your privacy as well as the privacy of our client's information, the products and ideas that they give us to test with you. Discussion of the topics of questionnaires in chat rooms and postings on bulletin boards is a violation of your confidentiality agreement.
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  12:20:59 AM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been asked several times if I would like to try a product. Sometimes I am chosen to try it, sometimes I am not. Being asked is not a guarantee that you will be chosen. I don't think there is anything specific you can do to get more products to try other than to make sure you fill out all of your household questions so that they know if you are eligible.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  07:23:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mazie, you answered my question. I thought I was doing something wrong. So it's patience and a little luck of the draw among thousands probably!

Oh well, happy with the surveys, though! Love this company
Go to Top of Page

PKuspa

Wind Lake, WI
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  09:30:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Received my first check from them yesterday for a survey. I just signed up with them about 2 weeks ago, so its nice to see they actually are real, and pay quick for the surveys. I do only get the $3 tho, not the $5, but that was what I signed up for. Never offered me the $5.

Now to figure out how to do paypal instead of hard checks......

Pam
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  3:16:00 PM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update: I've done two surveys now for PineCone. No further technical problems, and they pay promptly. I'll be happy to do more for these folks.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

GingerCS
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  3:48:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update: Days of communicating back and forth with Pinecone's support resulted in this:

1st response: Look for the banner and try again and it should work. (I tried 5 different times to apply, and it always resulted in an Internal Server Error when attempting to submit the application.

2nd response: We only accept applications through the banner ads. If it's a valid banner ad, it will work. (I took multiple screenshots of the banner cycling on the site. I also took a screenshot of the application page on Pinecone's site that the banner directed to. In addition, I took a screenshot of the Internal Server Error page that resulted when I attempted to submit the application. I made sure to leave all the images full sized with address bar on the browser intact in hopes of proving that I was being sincere. I then included urls to all of these screenshots in one of the emails to them.)

3rd response: If there is an issue with the banner you're applying through, you'll have to contact the site on which you saw the banner. (The site had emailed me after my first posting to tell me that I wasn't the first person to have this problem with the application, and the response they wound up getting was to contact the site because it was the site's problem somehow. I relayed to Pinecone that I'd already been in touch with the site's support and that they'd given the very logical response that they had no control over an Internal Server Error occurring on Pinecone's site that occurred on the page AFTER the one that the banner is correctly directly linking to. Apparently, Pinecone's support is done talking to me, because it's now been 4 days since I asked them how the site was supposed to control Pinecone's Internal Server Error, and Pinecone hasn't reponded.)
Go to Top of Page

WLCross
Contributor

Northeast, NE
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  10:46:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only gotten one survey from them and I'm sure it said they pay by paypal but they sent me a check.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums