Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  11:10:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn B

unless I'm losing my mind they seem to be very repetitive.

I agree with this. I've filled out the same questions/answers 3 times for the same subject. I got the feeling my answers were being cross checked to make sure I wasn't lying in my previous answers.
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  11:42:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The banner is up and running here at Volition, so I filled out the registration form and got the usual (posted below). We'll see. I get the feeling that most of the people who are interested in doing this kind of work are older females looking for extra income, and that not very many slots in that demographic ever open up.

So, once you're "in", you in. I'm not getting my hopes up.

T h a n k Y o u f o r S i g n i n g U p !

Thank you! You are now on your way to becoming a PineCone Research Panelist!

If you qualify, you will receive an email in a few days which will include your own unique Household ID number and password. Then you are ready for your first survey!
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  08:23:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HMMMMMMM, I'm not that old, I'll be 29 forever!!

Actually I think with soaring gas and food costs, everybody of all ages is looking for extra money!
Go to Top of Page

Cennet
Contributor

Winston Salem, NC
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  6:51:55 PM  Visit Cennet's Homepage  Send Cennet an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up maybe a week ago, then got an email a couple of days ago and i had to fill out more information. Have yet to receive a survey though.

*Cennet*
Go to Top of Page

Cennet
Contributor

Winston Salem, NC
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  12:21:56 PM  Visit Cennet's Homepage  Send Cennet an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get my first survey and so far i can say i love PineCone Research :)

*Cennet*
Go to Top of Page

JenOfOhio
Contributor

Olmsted Falls, OH
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  7:05:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done 3 or 4 surveys with them and I just signed up about 3 months ago. I would have to say very satisfied with them and the timely payments is much appreciated!

MSPA Silver Certified - shopping the SW Cleveland, OH area
Go to Top of Page

JosieG
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  10:17:40 PM  Visit JosieG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally got my first survey from them a week or so ago and a few days ago I received my first check. I changed my payment method, so any further payments will be to my paypal account. So far I like them. I just wish there would send more surveys.
Good Luck All
Josie

Have a great day
Go to Top of Page

Melissa AUN

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  6:15:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
just got a survey from PC about PC. they wanted to know if i wanted to switch from $5 payout to $3 and a sweepstakes entry. UHM...let me think about that....NOPE then they asked if i would stay a member they switched to that. I think the $5 days are coming to an end folks

-M
Go to Top of Page

Lori P
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  7:07:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with PC about two months ago and all I ever got was $3 surveys. I wonder if the newbies all are on $3 and only the people that have been with them for awhile were grandfathered in at the $5 level??
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaFLGal
Valued Contributor

Palm Bay, FL
USA
103 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  1:16:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Melissa,

I got that same survey and had the same thought about $5 days being over soon.

Becky
Go to Top of Page

CarolynV
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
255 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  2:45:07 PM  Visit CarolynV's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not get many surveys from pc in the first place. If lowering the fee allowed them to increase the number of surveys I receive, it would not bother me,if I ended up earning more ultimately than I am now....

Carolyn
Gold certified MSPA shopper in Oklahoma
Go to Top of Page

AnitaTNShopper
Star Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  7:55:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten a lot of surveys lately, but I am not getting to 'test' products with the frequency that I used to.

MSPA Gold Certified 2006
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  2:39:41 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to get a lot of surveys from them, but haven't gotten any offers in a while. A few weeks ago I got an email that they "miss me" and if I didn't take a survey soon, I would be taken off their membership list. I haven't gotten any survey opportunities since that time, either! So I have no idea what's up.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

CheriMcC
Contributor

Basehor, KS
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  6:23:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay I have been a member of pinecone for about 9 years..I got this survey about changing to $3 and it asked if I wanted to make the change today..If I don't check "yes" will I be tossed out of pinecone? I really love doing the little surveys and occasionally testing something new..I would hate to rock the boat by saying no and no longer be welcomed as a member. I stopped mid survey to ask my husband about it and you guys..

Cheri McCartney
Go to Top of Page

VirginiaS

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  6:54:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had gotten the same e-mail today. I wish tey would have given more ways to answer than a yes or no. Anyways, I e-mailed them stating that I felt that I had to answer a certain way or get kickek off. If I get a response, I will post it.
Go to Top of Page

CheriMcC
Contributor

Basehor, KS
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  7:11:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay well at least I am not the only one who thinks it's weird they worded it the way they did..4 states and countless addresses and I have never had any problems with Pinecone. I would hate to think my membership rested on one yes or no question. My other problem is I am right in the middle of a 2 part deal..if I say yes to be on the safe side would I then get only $3 on the second part..I am trying to be vague about it but members know what I mean..

Cheri McCartney
Go to Top of Page

Cennet
Contributor

Winston Salem, NC
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  04:05:17 AM  Visit Cennet's Homepage  Send Cennet an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats a good question, didnt even think about that. Normally i would think they'd have to stick with the original agreement and that it wouldnt change til the whole "ordeal" was done with, but you never know. I don't think if you say no you don't want to switch they will boot you out. A PP poster said they were asked and they said no and i don't recall seeing them post that they were booted :)

*Cennet*
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  09:13:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I just now completed the survey about incentives. I answered 'yes' to the $3 plus sweepstakes incentive.

I get $5 now, but, am not getting many surveys from them anymore...am lucky to get one per month. And, I figure they will eventually be weeding out the $5 members, anyhow....might as well go ahead & switch before they offer no alternative at all!

Maybe I will get more surveys at $3 than I'm getting now, and, come out ahead $$$-wise in the long run. Maybe, I will even win one of those $500 sweeps, though, that is a real long shot for me....just not lucky in raffles, sweeps, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  4:50:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Pinecone, but $3 does not even put a gallon of gas in my car.

If you decide to lower the payment for these long surveys (which seem to get longer by the month), I'm afraid I'll have to pass my hat on to someone who has more time than I.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  8:51:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard anything much from this company lately. I get $3. I thought I was signing on for $5 when I started early this year & when they started paying me $3 I asked about it & was told --- No, my sign up offer was for $3. I know it's not much but I do them in what spare time I have & don't have to put gas in the car to do it. I wouldn't do them for just a sweepstakes entry. I think those are a rip off. It sounds like maybe they are trying to get everybody to accrpt the $3 and like some of you I'd be afraid if I said no to the $3 they would say good-bye to me at some point.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums