Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  10:46:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, you are right....$3 isn't much; but, I imagine they will be phasing out the $5 surveys soon. Maybe, they're already doing that, as I used to get about one $5 survey every week, or so.....now, I'm lucky to get one survey a month, sometimes none.

So, I don't mind going ahead & switching now, rather than just be dropped altogether.

Go to Top of Page

LeesaC
Apprentice

PA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  12:41:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow! I just did that today and and said that I wouldn't accept the $3 plus the sweepstakes! Oh well. If they give me the boot, I'll have to do something else I guess.

Sincerely in Christ,
Leesa C.
Go to Top of Page

JanineJ
Trainee

Milwaukee, WI
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  6:45:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is their name in their banner? I don't want to get emails from a tone of these places right now, so I really only want to be clicking on their ad if I see it. I don't want to click on every one that doesn't have a name just to see if it't them.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  9:34:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes the banner says Pinecone Research. Funny, I don't hear from these people for months & they\n whenever I reply to something on this site I get a survey Hmmmm. Weird but true. Let's see if I get one out of this. I'll let y'all know.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  07:05:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally got the survey and found in a couple of places their choices didn't apply at all. They needed a none of the above choice, so the answers I gave to a couple weren't really correct. How often do I get surveys? It's been awhile, more then a month, but there was no choice for that
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  08:16:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the questionnaire too, and I said no to switching to $3. I'll keep you all posted as to whether I get any more surveys or not. They're really not worth my time for $3, as they are pretty long, in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

VirginiaS

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  6:41:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had got just a generic reply that said there were looking into different avenues but no change yet. Who knows. I don't get many survey anymore anyways.
Go to Top of Page

Angela G.
Star Contributor

Boutte, LA
USA
279 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  5:30:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did apply on yesterday and got a response today so we will see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

CarolynS1975
Valued Contributor

Fox River Grove, IL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  7:29:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only applied a few weeks ago and have already done 3 surveys (including one today). I have received a check for 1 and the check for the 2nd survey shows it to have been mailed a few days ago. Can't complain for doing a survey while catching up on my DVR recordings :)

Carolyn
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  12:41:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten a couple of $3 checks from them, and the surveys are relatively short and can be done while I am catching up on my TV shows or on the phone. It's money for little work, and that's good to me!

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

CheriMcC
Contributor

Basehor, KS
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  8:10:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a generic answer when I asked directly if my answer would affect my membership. It was a round about we are trying new ways of compensation kind of answer. I answered back that their answer did not answer my question. I am now in the middle of a second two parter. So I am holding off on finishing the survey until I complete it.

Cheri McCartney
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  10:32:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I answered 'yes' to the $3 plus sweepstakes incentive.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from P/C saying that I had been accepted into the new incentive plan. Don't know whether that will end up being good, or bad, for me.....but, hope I start getting a few more surveys from them.

I really think that the $5 surveys will soon be a thing of the past...they will gradually be phased out, I'll betcha!
Go to Top of Page

Samantha in KY
Apprentice

Fairdale, KY
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  1:02:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally found the banner ad for Pinecone after reading so much about it here. I was excited to sign up. It did take them a few weeks to email me, then I had to fill out household info surveys. When I finally got my 1st survey, it paid me $3, and they paid very quickly. I was very happy to get it, and I hope they send me more surveys to do, but its been several weeks, and we have only gotten that 1 survey.

Sam. :)
Go to Top of Page

Linda F

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  5:40:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get about three a month so far, that is nine dollars I didn't have before that is how I look at it. I am glad that the questions are not too long. I think they have been about 5 mins.

No complaining here
Linda

Linda
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  11:40:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I received a new survey which was described as an "exciting opportunity" to be entered in a sweepstakes. Only. No payment. I clicked on it, got some idea of the length, and decided not to bother.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa AUN

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  3:45:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got that email too. I hadn't clicked on the survey yet, probably won't if its long like you say. Bummer- bye bye $5

-M
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  4:36:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MargeI

Today I received a new survey which was described as an "exciting opportunity" to be entered in a sweepstakes. Only. No payment.

Did you have to type in I AGREE?
Go to Top of Page

CheriMcC
Contributor

Basehor, KS
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  12:15:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not reply with I AGREE to the three dollar deal. I stopped mid survey. I did email and ask them if that was a new requirement for membership. I told them if that was the case seeing as I have been with Pinecone since 1997 I would agree because I find it interesting and fun. They never replied to my email. I asked a question about a several part project I was involved with because they were supposed to send me additional info which I never received. I did not hear anything for several weeks and then BAM I am no longer a registered user :(. I am asking why because I did want to know about it.

Cheri McCartney
Go to Top of Page

CheriMcC
Contributor

Basehor, KS
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  10:44:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was the form letter type response I got from Pinecone. You would think that after over 10 years they would do me the favor of emailing me and telling me this before I found out on my own...How rude! Of course I think they are just lying to cover the fact I was dropped for not taking the three dollar surveys. Shame on them for not being honest!!
"Cheri,

Thank you for your email.

Periodically we have found it necessary to refresh the composition of
our research panel in order to stay current with changes in the general
population and to provide clients with the broadest possible spectrum of
consumer opinions. In doing so, on occasion we have had to discontinue
the membership of some of our panelists.

Your household was on the list for deactivation and subsequently removed
from the panel.

Although we are unable to reactivate your membership, we appreciate your
past participation and interest in the panel."

Cheri McCartney
Go to Top of Page

Melissa AUN

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  06:36:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i got the survey about the $3 back in march (posted here about it) and I said NO. I subsequently recieved 2 $5 surveys in April and 3 $5 ones in May. No product testing lately at all though We'll see if i get booted off the panel shortly or not. I've been a member for 2 years i think. I hope not, I really like pinecone!

-M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums