Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  08:06:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pinecone has been very slow for me this year, haven't had a survey in over a month. The last survey I was still at $5.
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  5:42:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received my first sweep survey from Pinecone which I completed. I hope this will not be the future. Previously, when they asked what I preferred I definitely said no to sweeps. My last $5 survey was in March, have received nothing for April & May.
Go to Top of Page

CheriMcC
Contributor

Basehor, KS
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:20:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What surprised me is that they cut me off in the middle of an evaluation. I was getting surveys like crazy. My third product eval. in the last 45 days or so I had 2 products sent within a day of each other. The third last one was one where I got the product,tried it and was supposed to send it back to them. I never got the mailer to send it back in. I did get $5 compensation to mail it. So I emailed and asked about how to send it back. It took over two weeks to get an answer. Then they said sorry for not responding sooner and they would send me a box to mail the item in. By this time I had the food container for a month. Who honestly keeps an empty jar around for that long LOL. I asked ,when I emailed back about sending in the jar, why I couldn't access surveys on my list and got no reply about the access. Now I suppose they were planning on axing me all along. Which kind of stinks. I could've kept the jar just too be mean or something LOL.
It just I guess hurts my feelings that they would just ax me with no upfront email about it.
If everyone else is just getting crumby old sweeps entries anyway I guess I am not missing anything.
I do product testing for another company that actually pays GOOD money. I get $160 for trying a shampoo (before you all ask where to sign up I have unusual hair is the reason why LOL) plus a lot of free product. So cheapo pinecone can have their sweeps entries...

Cheri McCartney
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  10:48:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a member of Pinecone for several years and used to get a survey about once a month, with a $5 payment. I received the email asking about the $3 payment vs. sweepstakes and I voted for the money (I hate sweepstakes). Since then I think I've received one survey for $5, but nothing in about 2 months. Maybe I've been deactivated...oh well, their surveys take more time than I care to commit for $3.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  9:44:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I chose to change to the $3 plan, plus occasional sweepstakes...am getting more surveys so far.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  1:32:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was getting a lot of surveys and products to test. Lately, I have ot gotten anything. I login every once in a while ot make sure I am still a member, and I am. Nothing is coming for me though.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Lori P
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  04:33:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Interesting thing happened today...
I got a $5 survey offer from Surveyspot. When I started taking it, it looked Exactly like a Pinecone survey, it even had the typical Pinecone survey number at the bottom of every page. I just thought it was interesting.
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  2:02:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We moved and I changed my Pinecone information hoping I would get some surveys but so far nothing. They do pay quick.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Amy Cranston
Star Contributor

Farmington, NM
USA
537 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  12:16:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a survey not long ago, and just received a $3 check yesterday! That was quick, and I wasn't really expecting anything... what a great surprise

Thanks,
Amy L. Cranston
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  06:26:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My payments go to my Paypal account, and, usually arrive in a day or so after I've done the survey....no worry about it getting lost in the mail.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  12:14:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Finally received a survey and payment after months of not getting anything. This year has been bad$$ from them.
Amount: $5.00 USD
Go to Top of Page

Wendy G
Star Contributor

Park Ridge, IL
USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  06:31:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started with Pinecone in probably December or so. I get about 2-3 surveys per month and have tested one product (maybe two).

Wendy

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  12:12:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received the email about changing over to $3. If I don't accept it, they'll keep me on at $5 but it'll be like bowling w/o the ball.
In years past I was already making close to $100 (that includes the on hand product testing) by this time of year. This year I've made $15 so far. I can feel the squeeze.
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  12:26:18 PM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got the same email. I went ahead and downgraded from $5 to $3. I figure if I have time to complete Pinecone surveys at $3 I will. However if I have higher paying surveys sitting in my email I will do those first.

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

DCorrin

Warren, MI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  2:45:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got that email today also. I too opted for the decrease to $3.00. I just figure, when they get too time consuming, I just won't do them.
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  4:15:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I updated my information a few weeks ago since we moved, and I get these little "household product information" surveys but they don't pay anything. It's been forever since I've gotten a paying survey from them.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Seraphim

Covington, Louisiana
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  6:04:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Like Shawn, I downgraded, primarily because their surveys have all but dried up. Such a shame as they were good surveys and they paid so quickly and reliably. In several years, I have only done one product evaluation, so it is no big loss.

Seraphim
MSPA Silver Certified! "In the Swamplands"
Go to Top of Page

.CapeCodAnnie
Inactive

Wareham, MA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  06:14:03 AM  Send .CapeCodAnnie an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know what...if PineCone Research is going to "nickel and dime" me for $2 every survey, they're not worth working for anyway.

This is such a hard economic time for so many people and to make a move like that...lower the pay for the people who make you money, it's just not worth doing anything for them.

In my opinion, that is bad business relations. Kinda makes me wish a big wave rolls over them and washes them away.

Ann-Marie
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  07:00:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
This is such a hard economic time for so many people
Not for Pinecone, they get the extra $2 from the $5 members per survey...OR...that $2 goes toward the $500 sweepstakes payout...OR...companies lowered their payout to Pinecone like some MS shops are doing. $omeone has to be $miling all the way to bank.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
Star Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  09:27:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I joined Pinecone maybe a year ago and never received more than a $3 pay out. I continue to get loads of surveys and test products but honestly, some of the product testing is worth more than $3!
I used to do Survey Spot which I've only gotten sweepstakes entries for and to heck with that!
I doubt the existance of any Sweepstakes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums